Sign in to follow this  
Guest-475

Active Sky for X-Plane might be released Q4 2018

3 hours ago, Glenn_C said:

I will buy as well if only to give my support to HiFi so that they have some impetus at least to continue developing. It's a software developer that I trust will bring many updates and improvements in the future.

Same here

I will also get it in support of HiFi.

Bob

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, bgpearce01 said:

Anyone heard an update regarding the release?

its going to be released this  Wednesday i guess:

https://www.justflight.com/product/active-sky-xp

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Oh ho... this is interesting:

Q: Is a complete cloud visuals depiction replacement included?
A: No, not at this time.  HiFi is working on such technology and hopes it will be ready to debut sometime in late 2019.

Q: Will the future cloud visuals depiction replacement be provided as a free update?
A: No, future cloud visuals depiction technology specifications and how it will be packaged are yet to be determined, based on many unknown factors.  We will provide more information and development news on this as progress continues. 

We knew the non-default cloud depiction would come later next year, but they're not guaranteeing it as a free update to this first version.

Personally that doesn't bother me, because this first version is $39.99 and if the price is higher for better cloud depiction later on, then I'd pay for the upgrade. Right now, xEnviro and SkyMaxx Pro with the RWC connector are charging considerably more for custom clouds.

For any early adopters, please post if you can download real weather and then adjust the wind speed and cloud base. That's the only thing keeping me from hitting the Buy button.

Edited by Paraffin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

given the default rendition of clouds sometimes  the default XP clouds look really good and close to real , yeah no variations.  About wind conditions like X-wind or variable i really don't find a problem. Maybe the X-wind might be a bit too strong. haven't used a fixed wing in ages only on helis now hence there does not seem to be an issue.  probably an issue during a take off with fixed wingz ?

Would love to see an Anvil no doubt but i think even the MSFS and it's kid don't have that ?

Things might change with clouds once LR introduces the particle system for weather but when no one knows. 

Have seen some amazing rendition of weather in XE on youtube.  

think given time ASXP can get better, the main limitation is from LR. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Seems interesting for users looking for better winds ect. but be warned, it looks pretty horrible, as expected. 

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Doesn't really matter how it looks at the moment... It simply will not run on my system - it crashes X-Plane each time it starts. From the log, it seems to be conflicting with something X-Aviation related. I have no interest in debugging it at this point - I have already given it about 3 hours more than it is worth and removed every other plugin in the process. There is nothing unusual about my setup and I have set up and run HUNDREDS of aircraft and other plugins without difficulty on both X-Plane AND P3D. Since I am a hundred percent certain that a myriad of other users will be unable to get this running out of the box I will await a response from the developer. It seems clear to me that this was rushed and I think this was not fully baked on release.

i have no problems at all- its amazing - maybe something wrong with your setup bud

53 minutes ago, kurtb said:

i have no problems at all- its amazing - maybe something wrong with your setup bud

Amazing it's great to read, but Can you elaborate more Kurt? Amazing for wind conditions? Transitions? Clouds settings? Framerate?

Thanx

1 hour ago, Jeff_Fortuna said:

Doesn't really matter how it looks at the moment... It simply will not run on my system - it crashes X-Plane each time it starts. From the log, it seems to be conflicting with something X-Aviation related. I have no interest in debugging it at this point - I have already given it about 3 hours more than it is worth and removed every other plugin in the process. There is nothing unusual about my setup and I have set up and run HUNDREDS of aircraft and other plugins without difficulty on both X-Plane AND P3D. Since I am a hundred percent certain that a myriad of other users will be unable to get this running out of the box I will await a response from the developer. It seems clear to me that this was rushed and I think this was not fully baked on release.

Jeff,

I understand your frustration.  Have you made a ticket yet?  I'm looking and don't see one.  

Your assumptions are not correct but again I sympathize with your frustration.

Please do realize however that out of many active users already, we have less than a handful of problem reports, most resolved already.  I can confirm your experience is extremely isolated.  I'd love to try and help you if you'll give me our the rest of our team the opportunity.  https://support.hifitechinc.com 

• Like 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

Seems interesting for users looking for better winds ect. but be warned, it looks pretty horrible, as expected. 

Great feedback, received clearly.  ASXP is not a visuals replacement, however.  It's a core weather engine simulation platform.  You can use any and all add-ons that enhance visuals, and pretty soon, we'll have our own complete visuals replacement along with full integration for other developers to take advantage of the wx engine itself.

Yes we know everyone dislikes the cloud redraws, I guarantee you that we dislike them even more.

Thanks for your support and for giving us a chance to develop further!

Damian Clark

6 hours ago, Paraffin said:

For any early adopters, please post if you can download real weather and then adjust the wind speed and cloud base. That's the only thing keeping me from hitting the Buy button.

I'm sure you'd like to hear it from users, but I can guarantee you this works fine, I do this all the time in testing.

• Upvote 1

Damian Clark

55 minutes ago, Damian Clark said:

I'm sure you'd like to hear it from users, but I can guarantee you this works fine, I do this all the time in testing.

Hi Damian,

I have been using FSGRW and a lua script to attenuate variable winds and the crosswind component (Wind Tamer). The lua scripts made the bad ground handling in windy situations in XP much better. In the release notes of ASXP it is featured: "Surface Crosswind Attenuation"

A few questions related thereto:

1. Is there a slider to gradually attenuate surface crosswinds (e.g. from 35 knots to 10 knots)?

2. At which altitude above ground level (AGL) does the attenuation kick in? My current lua script takes over control at 500 AGL, which leaves enough time to adapt the crab & slip.

3. What is with variable winds? In Xplane, the aircraft's behaviour to variable winds is exaggerated and the aircraft swings around even at small degrees variation, which makes a landing unrealistic. Does the above function also smooth out variable winds or does it only allow to attenuate surface crosswinds?

Cheers,Chris

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR