Guest-475

Active Sky for X-Plane might be released Q4 2018

1 hour ago, Damian Clark said:

"and pretty soon, we'll have our own complete visuals replacement"

My wallet is ready! 

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Chris,

I recommend seeking some actual impressions from users, but I can comment on the feature set here.

Surface crosswind attenuation has a percentage slider, from 0% to 100%.  We recommend 50% in most cases.  At this setting, it will gradually apply more crosswind attenuation the closer to the ground you get, starting at about 300agl.  This allows for proper smoothing to achieve the expected attenuation by flare/touchdown.  

At higher % settings, it will "kick in" at higher altitude and apply more attenuation in general.

The goal at 50% setting is to give you what we, as active GA pilots, discerning simmers and programmers (dev and testing teams), feel is "just about right" for appropriate effort and rudder/aileron input required for a center-line side-slip touchdown, providing enough authoritative command for proper aircraft control during touchdown and rollout.  You may want to adjust % based on aircraft used, your level of experience, desired challenge, etc.

When the attenuation "kicks in", it starts very slightly and as mentioned increases the closer to the ground you get.  It works very smoothly.  It also adjusts the wind speed to provide for the exact same headwind/tailwind component so that your performance calculations are realized (landing distance, takeoff distance, rollout, etc.)

We worked really hard on active, dynamic and realistic winds including gusts, variability, vertical winds, and our own turbulence effects.  We also have an option to override most x-plane turbulence to provide the pure ASXP turbulence experience.  We felt the same about X-Plane default turbulence, and thus this was probably one of the biggest priorities and efforts during development.

Thanks for asking, hope that helps!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

2 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

My wallet is ready! 

Nicely played....  We'll be patient and work hard for your patronage!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Purchased late last night and only flew for a few minutes. Flying through the air in the c172 felt more natural. Noticed the turbelance model. So far so good definitely worth it over xplane default. Can't wait till the product expands well done guys. Welcome to x-plane.

2 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

We worked really hard on active, dynamic and realistic winds including gusts, variability, vertical winds, and our own turbulence effects.  We also have an option to override most x-plane turbulence to provide the pure ASXP turbulence experience.  We felt the same about X-Plane default turbulence, and thus this was probably one of the biggest priorities and efforts during development.

Thanks for asking, hope that helps

Thank you very much Damian for the detailed explanation. It surely helps to understand what efforts your team has been put to make this addon a must-have for every serious X-plane simmer in order to overcome the current limitations of the weather engine in XP. I  am glad that you have made the crosswind attenuation so flexible that users can adapt to their environment and likings.

I certainly will purchase ASXP and use it in my sim. Thanks again!

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

7 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

Jeff,

I understand your frustration.  Have you made a ticket yet?  I'm looking and don't see one.  

Your assumptions are not correct but again I sympathize with your frustration.

Please do realize however that out of many active users already, we have less than a handful of problem reports, most resolved already.  I can confirm your experience is extremely isolated.  I'd love to try and help you if you'll give me our the rest of our team the opportunity.  https://support.hifitechinc.com 

It was midnight before I had a chance to try ASXP. I gave up at 3 am. I haven't had time to fill out a support ticket yet but will do so now. I have purchased AS and ASCA for P3D and have no issues whatsoever. That said, I do find it a bit unusual that it simply will not run on a system that has had no difficulties with any other XP related plugin and more surprising still that few others have run into problems. But, ya know, stuff happens... 🙂 

It seems there may be an issue license activation. Noticed JF took the title down earlier.

4 hours ago, kurtb said:

+1 just want this cloud flickering to stop- its driving me up my balls

The default settings supplied with XVision stop the flickering along with other nice things.

Mick

Bought it a few hours ago! Can’t wait to test it, but that will probably be next year... kids, Christmas, wedding, remodeling....😎

Thread locked. Please use this thread now to discuss activesky to save having two running topics