Sign in to follow this  
glider1

Missing ARTCC data in P2A

I think I have an issue with P2A latest version not knowing what the center frequencies and names are for my part of the world Australia-New Zealand.

If you look at the image below, P2A doesn't show the names or frequencies for any areas in southern latitudes only the boundaries:

P2A ARTCC display

Question: What do I need to do to add this data? I already imported the P3D BGL database and it made no difference. I would like Pilot2ATC to list the center frequencies and boundary names for Australia/NZ which it currently does not.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the report.

The data is actually there, but due to a bug in the display code, it is not able to seen.  So flying in Australia, you should get the existing center names and frequencies, but you cannot edit them.

Working on fixing this for the next update. 

Hi Dave I must be the only P2A pilot in the southern hemisphere! Glad that the data is actually there.

The center frequencies are also missing in the list of available frequencies in the main display.

Cheers and thanks for looking into it.

The only one that wants to edit the ARTCC frequencies, at least.

I was able to find the problem in displaying them in TaxiMnt and that will be fixed in the next update.

The Center Frequencies are normally not displayed in the Frequencies window as they will be assigned as needed by other controllers.

Dave

I actually didn't want to edit them. I wanted to know what they were because I was attempting to find someone that would open my vfr flightplan.

There isn't a FSS or departure frequency listed where I am only tower and approach.

I tried opening it with approach but they didn't understand what I wanted.

I tried unicom and that didn't work either.

In the end I scrubbed the whole idea of opening the flightplan and just filed it and asked for clearance.

So I thought I'd give center a go and that is how I found the bug.

You should be able open a VFR flight plan with Ground, Tower, Unicom, FSS, or Info in some parts of the world.  However, it must be Filed first.  I will add Approach, Departure and Center to that list, as in some parts of the globe, they too might open a VFR Flight Plan.

The difference between Opening the Flight Plan and Getting VFR Clearance for the Flight plan is that the VFR Clearance automatically gives you Radar Advisory Services whereas just Opening the FPL does not.

Thanks again.

Dave

• Like 1