Sign in to follow this  
mikie46

Will You guys stop messing with my presets?

Ok i have a big gripe with Chaseplane and that is every time you guys push out and update two things happen.

1) The app crashes, tells me it cant download or cant update something then CTD's.

2) I loose all my presets.

Do you know how long it takes to setup presets? Im sick and tired of having to spend hours upon hours fixing presets or starting all over again. Take for example that last update. The program started updating then crashed telling me it couldn't update something and that it was going to disable this and that. In the meantime, i lost all my 737 777 presets. No presets at all. Thanks a lot.

This seems to be a constant problem that needs to be resolved. I thought our presets were store on some server? Then why cant i retrieve that information and what does updating chaseplane do to those presets? Its not like im updating from v3 to v4. That was another fiasco in itself.

I want to disable updates! I dont want auto updates happening and i want to ensure my presets are still there after a BLUNDEROUS UPDATE!

-Mike

• Like 1

I have never had this issue, maybe something else is going on here?  Are you able to upload your presets to the server and then find them again to save you all the time?  I don't really use this feature but might save you the problem.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Mark my understanding is that our presets are cloud based but i may be wrong. If that is the case then those presets should be there no matter if a local update is botched or not. At least thats how i understand it.

-Mike

Edited by mikie46

For what it’s worth, This has also never happened to me, I’ve never had a crash or a preset lost with Chaseplane

Mabey another issue is at play?

Loaded up 777 last night and low an behold no presets were present!! Havent flown it in about two weeks. I wonder what will happen when i go back to 737 or 747. I guess i will be PO'ed again.

Every update that comes though crashes. Ill be happy to send you all a screen shot the next time they release an update.

NOTE: i get crashes while flying around. OR chaseplane will stop allowing me to pan. I will either have to exit out and reload it or it will crash with an error that displays on my screen. In a 64bit envir with 16gb of ram if thats the problem is really unacceptable at this point in the game.

To be honest i was much happier with v3 and had zero problems. But then chaseplane started nagging me about updating. I know for sure, if i was to downgrade i would loose my presets AGAIN. I know this for a fact, i tried it a few times when V4 was in early Beta and i couldnt stand it anymore. Downgraded presets gone bye bye 😞

Edited by mikie46

edit

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 6/10/2018 at 9:33 AM, mikie46 said:

Loaded up 777 last night and low an behold no presets were present!! Havent flown it in about two weeks. I wonder what will happen when i go back to 737 or 747. I guess i will be PO'ed again.

Every update that comes though crashes. Ill be happy to send you all a screen shot the next time they release an update.

NOTE: i get crashes while flying around. OR chaseplane will stop allowing me to pan. I will either have to exit out and reload it or it will crash with an error that displays on my screen. In a 64bit envir with 16gb of ram if thats the problem is really unacceptable at this point in the game.

To be honest i was much happier with v3 and had zero problems. But then chaseplane started nagging me about updating. I know for sure, if i was to downgrade i would loose my presets AGAIN. I know this for a fact, i tried it a few times when V4 was in early Beta and i couldnt stand it anymore. Downgraded presets gone bye bye 😞

Mike, with so many users not having this problem surely it higlights something wrong (different) on your PC. Whatever the issue you dont need to loose your presets, I just make regular backups of the folder that stores them all.

C:\Users\.....\AppData\Roaming\OldProp Solutions inc\ChasePlane\

Hope this helps.

Edited by antonvs

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

On 6/10/2018 at 11:33 AM, mikie46 said:

Every update that comes though crashes. I'll be happy to send you all a screen shot the next time they release an update.

I'm wondering whether it's a permissions problem - and that CP can't overwrite certain files - either on updates or in general use. Are you running your system with full access rights (with UAC turned off) or, if not, are you running CP as administrator? Maybe Keven could tell us which files specifically CP needs to be able to access/modify.

I've been using CP for ages and have never had problems of this kind.

Adam.

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

CP will notify if there is an error with files and/or presets. I don't believe this is an issue. I don't have any other reports from user having issues with presets.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42