Sign in to follow this  
downscc

FS Expo LM Interview

I got nothing but dead air... anybody catch this on a streaming platform at 2115Z?  Which one?

Dan Downs KCRP

I want someone to ask LM question - regarding addons.  Can LM force all addon players (orbx main one) to install outside the sim.  I really need someone to ask them this question

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

I want someone to ask LM question - regarding addons.  Can LM force all addon players (orbx main one) to install outside the sim.  I really need someone to ask them this question

Isn't that irrelevant?  Besides, I already have all my Orbx files on a different drive.  Use the symbolic link as recommended by Orbx, works seamlessly.

• Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

I think the live interview didn't happen because FSElite was having streaming issues. Hopefully they still did the interview and will upload it later.

Bummer.....that is about all I wanted to see. The rest no big deal for us GA guys although it is great they have this event.

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Isn't that irrelevant?  Besides, I already have all my Orbx files on a different drive.  Use the symbolic link as recommended by Orbx, works seamlessly.

But Orbx put files all over the sim directory (lot of them outside the Orbx Directory) also.  And they still are using old style scenery configuration style.  But curious to see on what you are symlinking and what you are not.  Good to know.

End of the day, it is still an extra step that I always have to worry about during upgrades and what not.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Was there ever an interview done? 

Eric 

4 hours ago, shivers9 said:

I have been watching too much Fox news I guess but it seems that LM was about the only one left out of the schedule. Everyone seems quite about it...Is there something strange going on.? Sorry I just had to ask??

Nothing strange. LM was neither a speaker nor an exhibitor at the show. I heard they have members roaming around but I personally never saw anyone with an LM badge. So their presence here is quite low-key.... at least from my perspective.

Walter Meier

4 hours ago, wsmeier said:

Nothing strange. LM was neither a speaker nor an exhibitor at the show. I heard they have members roaming around but I personally never saw anyone with an LM badge. So their presence here is quite low-key.... at least from my perspective.

The military wasn't there.  And even then fselite wouldn't ask them any tricky questions anyway. 

14ppkc-6.png

LM is there - Adam Breed + 3 others....

• Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

LM was a lower tier sponsor and an attendee at the show.  But they have kept everything extremely low key.  To be honest, interviews with LM are usually a complete waste of time.  If you read any transcript of any interview they have done, it's a very generic, corporate and formulaic response to any questions.  'We're really excited about the future'.......that's something we're thinking about' .......'we'd like to do that at some point'  .  They are probably gagged by LM rules, but they honestly don't deliver any excitement in any public attendance they make or interview they ever give.  You'll know it on V5 day and that's it.  You take it or leave it,.

27 minutes ago, ErichB said:

If you read any transcript of any interview they have done, it's a very generic, corporate and formulaic response to any questions.  'We're really excited about the future'.......that's something we're thinking about' .......'we'd like to do that at some point'  .  They are probably gagged by LM rules, but they honestly don't deliver any excitement in any public attendance

As much as I hate it, I have to agree. Correlates with the speech the LM guy (I think McCarthy) delivered a year ago.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

LM was a lower tier sponsor and an attendee at the show.  But they have kept everything extremely low key.  To be honest, interviews with LM are usually a complete waste of time.  If you read any transcript of any interview they have done, it's a very generic, corporate and formulaic response to any questions.  'We're really excited about the future'.......that's something we're thinking about' .......'we'd like to do that at some point'  .  They are probably gagged by LM rules, but they honestly don't deliver any excitement in any public attendance they make or interview they ever give.  You'll know it on V5 day and that's it.  You take it or leave it,.

I guess in a way it makes sense. I would guess they would be more interested in talking with the developers and to see what the regular folks were interested in. It is not like they need the public exposure. In reality, from other interviews, they have a pretty solid plan laid our at least through Ver 5.0. I guess when you work for a company that could buy and sale all the other companies with coffee fund money, then you don't need a booth with a pretty poster.🤑

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Guys,

LM was there to support developers, they were interviewed many times by multiple media partners.

I saw Adam Reed being interviewed twice by SkyBlue Radio (who was next to me) and once by FSelite.

Rob MacCarthy visited my booth twice, Kayla once, and Adam once. All of them listened and acknowledged my suggestions and needs for changes that would make my add-on's way better.

I cannot talk on behalf of others developers, but I felt their support and commitment with all the developers at the expo, and after meeting the LM team and hearing their plans, I cannot be more happy to chosen to develop for Prepar3d and to attend the event.

The LM developers deserve a lot of credit and respect not only from developers like me but also from the flight sim community.

My 2 cents.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 6