Sign in to follow this  
Roadburner426

PMDG Announced Global Flight Operations at FSE 2018

3 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

was anything said about the NG3?

No. 

Just now, Chaos81 said:

No. 

seriously they said nothing about it all?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Looking forward to this. Bring it on 🙂

Julian Evans

Edited by ZKOKQ
  • Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I'm going to use the "Great Circle Route' on this one. I saw the part of the presentation where Robert introduced this new product. As he went through the presentation there was one slide that showed the platform choices. He made a comment about X-Plane being there eventually. Would it be wrong to deduce that if Global Operations were to include X-Plane that there would have to be PMDG aircraft to use with it?

NAX669.png

9 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

There was, actually...

Hmm. My stream must have buffered when it was mentioned, because I don't remember hearing anything about it. Or was it not part of the presentation?

29 minutes ago, vin747 said:

Very disappointing news and totally not worth the one month hype.. It is just a slight extension of what you do in Virtual Airlines or FSEconomy.. Nothing ground breaking.. Secret for 10 years? Come on.. 

Totally agree. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

6 minutes ago, Chaos81 said:

Hmm. My stream must have buffered when it was mentioned, because I don't remember hearing anything about it. Or was it not part of the presentation?

If I recall correctly, they mentioned the 'precipitation feature' would be integrated into the 777, 747 AND NG3, which 'confirms' the latter existence  

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

He mentioned NG3 when talking about the EFB portion of his presentation when showing the 748, saying that the integrated checklists and such would be integrated in to 748/777/NG3, but not in to 744 since the EFB portion never came to them. He showed off a bunch of the dynamic checklist features on the 748, and went pretty at length. The EFB will also have Jeppson charts built in, as well as a ground handling system that shows the airport taxiways for easier ground navigation. That is also updatable through the EFB, and at the press of 2 buttons he says it uses your airport library data to update it all in 30 second or less. So regardless of what brand of third party airports you use, or if you just use default scenery that the taxiways and such will be accurately modeled to reflect what you see outside the windows. Also NG3 will be getting the special weather effects like rain on the windshield, and snow accumulation that were pretty cool. That was really all that was said about it.

is the NG3 the 600 700 800 900 or the MAX series or both? 

I am so confused. Why can't they just be straight up with us for once?

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

They talk about the NG3 once in awhile but they have never actually "announced" it. 

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

I am actually very intrigued by this announcement and I think it matches perfectly with their product line-up. Sounds much more exciting to me than yet-another 737.

Also very happy that they mentioned it will support X-Plane! 🙂

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Global Flight Operation is an awesome thing in my opinion! Kind of a logical development when you look at pmdg products. Looking forward to it! 

I didnt see the whole show, was there anything about the actual state or time schedule for GFO? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

1 hour ago, vin747 said:

Nothing ground breaking.

Other people have fully featured (and integrated and in-plane) ACARS traffic: weather requests, OOOI times, CPDLC capability, arrival data servicing, and automated multi-user persistent states?

...man...where have I been? I want that plane.

*looks around noting that the desert around Vegas is incredibly similar to the metaphorical deserted landscape of aircraft that have the functions listed*

I guess I need to go learn the real definition of "ground breaking." Back later, once I figure that one out...

• Like 6
  • Upvote 6

Kyle Rodgers

I already feel sorry for the poor bugger who will have the plane after me. 🤩

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Matt Webb