Sign in to follow this  
Roadburner426

PMDG Announced Global Flight Operations at FSE 2018

I wonder if you can use part of the program that has the built in ACARS that will give you real time METARS and simulate the ACARS VHF stations & satellites along with their reception but not use the aircraft sharing part? I like using my own planes with panel states as I set them. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

I guess I need to go learn the real definition of "ground breaking." Back later, once I figure that one out...

I think you should, because I don't see anything groundbreaking here too. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

My 2 cent: I`m disapointed. This was the great secret? Lol....

I`m using FTW (FlytheWorld) Most of the announced feature already exist there and its freeware.

If i combine it with Active sky i have all the announced feature....

Edited by McFly08151
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, McFly08151 said:

My 2 cent: I`m disapointed. This was the great secret? Lol....

I`m using FTW (FlytheWorld) Most of the announced feature already exist there and its freeware.

If i combine it with Active sky i have all the announced feature....

FTW doesn't simulate an integrated CPDLC, nor does it simulate integrated acars. Nor does it simulate VHF ranges for acars.

I don't think you really listened to the broadcast/announcement

Edited by reubenjprevost

If you were there and saw the demo its much more in depth than can be described I think- I like the realism of the operations portion myself. 

• Like 1

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

4 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

was anything said about the NG3?

It was only mentioned, not much else I’m afraid. 

Very disappointing news and totally not worth the one month hype.. It is just something like Virtual Airlines or FSEconomy. Nothing ground breaking. Secret for 10 years? Come on!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matthijs said:

Very disappointing news and totally not worth the one month hype.. It is just something like Virtual Airlines or FSEconomy. Nothing ground breaking. Secret for 10 years? Come on!

It's nothing like VA and/or FSEconomy; I suggest reading up on CPDLC(s) before criticizing PMDG. The ability to communicate within the cockpit with other pilots is something many have asked for; and this is just one small feature of the program. It sounds interesting and I look forward to seeing it in action... 

I really hope this will be available to VATSIM; it will be great to have a PDC via CPDLC vs vPILOT.  

Edited by kingm56
  • Like 2

Matt King

Wow! Tough crowd in here.

I'm actually quite excited about this addition to the simulation.. And as far as I can see, Robert only scratched the surface of this new feature. That and Operations Center 2.0 will be great.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed, that people in here are SO quick to condemn this new development and declare themselves uninterested and disappointed. 

Oh well - you can't win everytime...

• Like 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

13 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Wow! Tough crowd in here.

I'm actually quite excited about this addition to the simulation.. And as far as I can see, Robert only scratched the surface of this new feature. That and Operations Center 2.0 will be great.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed, that people in here are SO quick to condemn this new development and declare themselves uninterested and disappointed. 

Oh well - you can't win everytime...

+1 Flight simmers are the hardest crowd. You should see the comments on Facebook!! Unbelievable. One was expecting an A380. Like spoilt kids.

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Its a tough crowd because expectations were for an aircraft.  I will be honest, I was a little underwhelmed, but clearly it was for the reason of not entirely understanding its full potential.  Technical presentation glitches aside, its kinda hard to show its real power and features with static images not to mention watching on less than steller quality streams on a big screen that wasnt very clear.  This has some interesting features and aspects that make real world flying more involved from a company operations POV.  The only thing I see missing, would be this aircraft with this registration, now needs a maintenance C or D check if its going to be that much involved and be out of service for so long. Its not something I would be excited to throw money at , the moment its released, but will be watching. 

My only small disappointment is from my own greed and selfishness, in really really hoping that the MD-11 on the screen was a turn for the better and an MD-11 revival to 64bit.  But it wasnt to be, and maybe for the better, else I would have not slept and may have had a heart attack from excitement. 

Just wanted to add, congrats to the PMDG team and all the work being done.  The ops ctr 2.0 looks great, and im sure GFO will shine in due time despite the many comments of apprehension. 

Edited by HighTowers
  • Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

3 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Its a tough crowd because expectations were for an aircraft.  I will be honest, I was a little underwhelmed, but clearly it was for the reason of not entirely understanding its full potential.  Technical presentation glitches aside, its kinda hard to show its real power and features with static images not to mention watching on less than steller quality streams on a big screen that wasnt very clear.  This has some interesting features and aspects that make real world flying more involved from a company operations POV.  The only thing I see missing, would be this aircraft with this registration, now needs a maintenance C or D check if its going to be that much involved and be out of service for so long. Its not something I would be excited to throw money at , the moment its released, but will be watching. 

While that may be true, I still think people should give them the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I can understand the negative points. Another advanced 747 developer has had FANS-1 (CPDLC) for a while. Same with ACARS. These are territories already explored. Same with rain and frost being incorporated in other products in the same way. The EFB and moving map are rendered on another product although PMDGs rendition of at least the EFB will lead them by a significant margin.

There’s not a whole lot that looks new except the sharing of a particular living aircraft concept and the flight progress tracking (ADS) and the bringing together of that whole environment in the single product without needing to purchase and run a bunch of add ons. The 748 is a new technology also.

I stayed awake the whole night and watched the entire expo and am just a little underwhelmed after the pmdg announcement. The technologies are great and add to immersion, however from the other polled thread is not what majority of the user base want or were expecting. Add to that the significant hype, wind-up and secrecy PMDG created causing us all to imagine unrealistic possibilities.

What is obvious from the poll on the other thread is - a new generation airplane in the form of the 787/737 is wanted, or a new sim platform.

I still love PMDG for what they do, and continue to do for us, but I can’t help but feel the PMDG induced hype was disproportionate to the reveal.

My 5c worth.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Brian Nellis

I really don't understand what happened. Oh well, moving on.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Well that sounds like an interesting piece of software. Can't really get the complaints and even why people ever thought it would be an aircraft ever since the announcement, which was the possibility that was the less likely (unless going to another platform), simply by adding the things we new that the NG3 was already officialy announced as a project (with a probable but only teased 737 MAX), and the pre announcement talking of a new product. Any kind of new aircraft could not have fit in.

Now I honestly I'm not sure it would be usefull for solo user like I am, although I'd need a bit more than the little things that were written to really know. As I'm not managing a fleet or anything, but that looks like something very interesting for flying/working with Virtual Airlines. The only thing for me is I did not find a VA that I could fit well, just the usual you must not use time acceleration rule is always a bother to me. Because in the end nobody really flies long haul being 100% there in front of their screen, I'm sure lot uses TOD and go to sleep and things like that. And it's not really an issue to me, but there should be more freedom. If the issue is with the rankings and all they are able to count the real time spent flying against the sim time obviously. But well that's another story. It sure looks like an interesting product in any case 🙂