Sign in to follow this  
Roadburner426

PMDG Announced Global Flight Operations at FSE 2018

Is there a link to the actual footage? Does this mean I can communicate with controllers on VATSIM with CPDLC without that cumbersome hoppie application? Is there a takeoff performance/weight and balance feature? So many q’s and I’m quite excited - really need to hear it from the horse’s mouth.

Wouldn't surprise me if PMDG announced a new aircraft within a few days. I think they have toyed with emotions before. Anyhow let's wait and see how it goes with this new software. A you tube tutorial will clear up a lot of questions 

Zoran 

Edited by zmak

ZORAN

Not sure how much would I use it.  Wait and see....  Hopefully there will be a new aircraft in the works after the 747-8.  

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed, that people in here are SO quick to condemn this new development and declare themselves uninterested and disappointed. 

I followed a twitch stream, and after subtracting 50% nonsense comments nearly all of the remaining 50% being serious were disappointed, too, Obviously, the impression is not limited to this group. Also, the resonance in the audience was more polite than excited.

The environment may be appealing to some (not to me) but the hype during the previous weeks was much overdone. IMHO of course. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I would like to congratulate the PMDG team on developing many of the, so far, missing elements of our aircraft, particularly ACARS/CPDLC/EFB. I am really looking forward to a new release of the B777 with these features.

However...

- I was a user of Jeroen Hoppenbrauwers' FlightLine when I was a user of PS1 (20 years ago?). From memory, FlightLine gradually became unused because aircraft became bunched at just a few airports, and pilots were not choosing to fly from those airports. So Jeroen was constantly being asked to relocate the aircraft. An additional problem was of pilots not having the time or interest to complete their flight and thus leaving the aircraft unavailable for others to fly. Also, at present, I sometimes have to split a flight due to other real-life commitments, and I would not like to lose 'my flight' due to the time delay.

- I feel that GFO will encourage a split in the pilot population by providing excellent facilities for those who like to complete realistic flights from those who have only the time or inclination for practising takeoffs/departures or approaches/landings. My gut feeling is that the latter is a larger population than the former.

- We have heard nothing yet about the partnership between FS2Crew and PMDG in providing the Ultimate Ground Crew integration with the PMDG developments.

I shall look with great interest on how GFO develops.

Edited by Richard McDonald Woods
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

4 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

An additional problem was of pilots not having the time or interest to complete their flight and thus leaving the aircraft unavailable for others to fly

RSR did say if that happened, the aircraft would be reset. I think the software will be intellagent enough to overcome that situation as you described Richard.

Julian Evans

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

What if you have a beginner slamming the airplane down and since wear and tear are simulated - I can't fly my plane?

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed, that people in here are SO quick to condemn this new development and declare themselves uninterested and disappointed. Oh well - you can't win everytime...

When people start thinking about what a product could be before it is revealed, they are opening themselves up to disappointment. At the end of the day, Global Flight Operations is not a product that interests me, but I know that a large chunk of the PMDG/airline pilot community will be very excited by it......apart from the ones that want to start magically teleporting aircraft from one location to another :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I also was looking at a Twitch-stream of this event yesterday, one with 650 viewers. There were some people genuinely disappointed and their worries should be taken into account, but what also happened was a bandwagon. As is often the case on social media some people need black and white emotions as a sense of purpose to get attention, negative or positive. People, who didn`t immediately strike as objective reviewers in their inflamed behaviour, silently agreed to be negative and were elated to have an excuse to go full social media madness on Twitch. Once the first started doing this it attracted more people to do the same, to be part of the rage, to feel being part of something.

I noticed that whenever I said something positive about the new project, this only caused people to become more negative. Like they were saying; "I`m enjoying this mindless group-negativity and ain`t nobody going to make an actual discussion about this!". Moderate or positive opinions were simply drowned out.

As a decades long flightsimmer, and since a year a flyer of P3D and XP11, I am excited at this project. I`m signed up to ProjectFly, but this sim-cloud integration seems to be a lot deeper, not simply more of the same. I am looking forward to future updates about this, to get a better feeling what the potential of GFO is. 

Edited by Stormvogel
  • Like 2

Disappointing news for me too. It's not about what they do and needing support (support is given to those who deserves it, isn't it?).

It's not about a negativity band wagon either. Users either like it or don't. And i think that, as long as those who don't like it are not offending anybody, their voice should be at least awknowledged. 

It's the huge hype about anything PMDG does and all that talks marketing wise on how they worked for years on this.. Well, my reaction is the same as the many others in here and on other channels: All those years working on it... for this?

Edited by france89
typo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

What would be even more cool is if they had their own atc...

automated and dynamic AI controlling approach and departure ! (Who needs atc while cruising at 8x etc. ) oh Along with cpdlc messaging offcourse. 😄

This way we won't have to rely on Vatsim or ivao. 😄

I personally feel this GFO is a top notch addition to the simming arena . Adds more fun and learning I hope .

best regards,

jaffer hussain 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rondon9898 said:

Is there a link to the actual footage?.

Try Pcflight.net (using IE, Chrome doesn't do it for me). I suppose hotlinking would be again forbidden here 😢.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, zmak said:

Wouldn't surprise me if PMDG announced a new aircraft within a few days. I think they have toyed with emotions before. Anyhow let's wait and see how it goes with this new software. A you tube tutorial will clear up a lot of questions 

Zoran 

Definitely not, they have already announced the NG3. So we know already what they will do after the 747-8, as well as the P3Dv4 version of the JS41. They are just one team making one product at a time.

I have been using Flight Simulation software since Commodore 64 days (Flight Simulator 2 / subLOGIC). I would just like to ask a question to the "disappointed' members of our community as to whether they are aware of the advances in flight simulation and to how far we have evolved due to developers such as PMDG? For all those "disappointed pilots", take a look at FS2....I think you are taking things for granted. I amazed by what we have available to us today...Thank you PMDG and all other developers. You have my full support. Don't be put off by "disappointed" people. They don't realise how far we have come.

• Like 2

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X