Sign in to follow this  
Roadburner426

PMDG Announced Global Flight Operations at FSE 2018

I'm sorry but ACARS is designed for communication in the complex commercial environment, allowing crews to talk to their company whilst airborne and address issues around the operation such as delayed arrival, minor technical issues, passenger issues, etc all things that affect the aircraft's onward operation with either a new crew or on the turn around. 

The simulator world does not have that pressure and therefore one large chunk of this product is moot. 

Edited by olibarke
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, FLHXRider said:

PMDG is under no obligation to satisfy anyone else's expectations.  

Not making a rash comment on the product until I see more information on it . however as a commercial venture it's a obvious conclusion to try and meet and hopefully exceed people's expectations,to generate a revenue stream so not sure I follow this comment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

2 minutes ago, olibarke said:

I'm sorry but ACARS is designed for communication in the complex commercial environment, allowing crews to talk to their company whilst airborne and address issues around the operation such as delayed arrival, minor technical issues, passenger issues, etc all things that affect the aircraft's onward operation with either a new crew or on the turn around. 

The simulator world does not have that pressure and therefore one large chunk of this product is moot. 

Isn't that the premise, which GFO is trying to simulate?!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

19 minutes ago, olibarke said:

if you dont like i dont buy it then

Edited by captainsazzman
  • Upvote 1

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

OK, explain the "point" to me. 

You said as a frequent VA flyer you wouldn’t have a use for this.   VAs essentially provide a schedule to fly to. This isn’t a schedule, it provides ACARS comms which would be useful for a VA to integrate into its service. The facility to book out an airframe and load it as left by the previous pilot is an immersive feature, VA flight or not. RSR specifically mentioned VAs as a potential use.

It wouldn’t integrate fully with the Q400, but it would be 100% compatible with the NGX.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

34 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I fly an average of 14 VA flights a week. The VA I fly for has schedules from almost every major airline, all over the world to chose from, and usually I pick a flight from the last airport I landed at to one about 3-500 miles away. . I fly the NGX and Q400. I can find no reason to use this new product at all. Sounds like a real hassle. 

are you also a member of FLYING TIGERS GROUP? Best VA ever!

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just now, captainsazzman said:

are you also a member of FLYING TIGERS GROUP? Best VA ever!

Over the years I have tried many VA's, too numerous to mention. Flyvirtual.net is the best I have found. Wouldn't dream of switching. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

Huh?  All that hype for this?  offensive initials not allowed...

I'm curious - why are you taking offense?! 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Certainly no offense to PMDG or those who will be utilizing this new sim app.  I just got caught up in the wild speculation and hype about a new product (that I could not wait to download).  This:  Not my thing...    

Reminder to all.

1) Mind your language

2) Sign your posts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I honestly expected something else. Since I only fly for fun, I believe that this software is not for me. I would have preferred a plane instead of GFO. When more info becomes available, my opinion can change. I'm only afraid that this will not happen, and this is one of the few PMDG products that I do not purchase.

Kind regards,

Jasper Koelewijn

Edited by djboelie
wrong language

Jasper Koelewijn

Current sims: DCS, P3Dv4, P3Dv5, MSFS
- Game pc: Intel I9 11900KF, Nvidia RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, 4x SSD, 1100W power supply, 2 x 40'' 4K monitor
- Stream pc: Intel I7 4790K, Nvidia 1080Ti, 32GB RAM, 2x SSD, 850W power supply, 2x 27'' monitor
- Other: Track-IR, Thrustmaster Wartog HOTAS, Saitek Combat rudder pedals, Saitek X-55, HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

I can't see this being more than a niche product.

This entire hobby is a niche when compared to the wider software world.

NAX669.png

21 minutes ago, mwilk said:

This entire hobby is a niche when compared to the wider software world.

I agree, but if someone comes out with a product that allows the virtual pilot to change the tires on the aircraft they fly, when they are worn, not going to be a big seller. I can't imagine many buying this new product.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310