Sign in to follow this  
Roadburner426

PMDG Announced Global Flight Operations at FSE 2018

Man, and some people wonder why we don’t tell you all things all the time.

”Hey! Here’s this thing we think you might like that integrates into all of our stuff, other developers’ planes, and brings a bunch of additional features to our entire catalog!” (All while not affecting the aircraft development cycle, mind you. So glad people know how our internal teams operate to the degree they know if one project was developed at the sacrifice of something they’d be more interested in.)

”Why doesn’t PMDG update us?”

This. All of this.

...and no. You can’t teleport airplanes. You won’t need to, but I’m guessing that by the nature of the posts here, it doesn’t seem that those concerned are concerned about being concerned...

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Looking forward to the new operations centre.... and thats it....

Joel Dupont

14 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Man, and some people wonder why we don’t tell you all things all the time.

”Hey! Here’s this thing we think you might like that integrates into all of our stuff, other developers’ planes, and brings a bunch of additional features to our entire catalog!” (All while not affecting the aircraft development cycle, mind you. So glad people know how our internal teams operate to the degree they know if one project was developed at the sacrifice of something they’d be more interested in.)

”Why doesn’t PMDG update us?”

This. All of this.

...and no. You can’t teleport airplanes. You won’t need to, but I’m guessing that by the nature of the posts here, it doesn’t seem that those concerned are concerned about being concerned...

Kyle,  I think this global flight operations is a great idea and I think most people will really enjoy it once they use it and grasp it.

• Like 2

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Looking forward to this. @Kyle/PMDG I wouldn't worry too much about the rantings from the crowd who don't seem to be too far removed from their child car seats and chicken nuggets. Many of whom who probably couldn't immediately buy a new PMDG aircraft anyway. But, that's what you get in most forums across the web these days.

James McLees

Indeed. I don't really understand people's frustration and disappointment, without actually having tried the software yet.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

reward for the worlds most underwhelming big announcement goes to PMDG 

All this nonsense about what being said here is a typical denominator. I am very looking forward to great things from PMDG alway working hard to make it more real and more fun.  I can’t appreciate enough what you guys are doing.  Everyone is entitle to their opinions but it’s ridiculous if anyone thought their was another airplane other than the 747-8 which hasn’t even come out yet. I don’t recall pmdg shelling out 2 aircrafts at the same time. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, jimmy64 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the rantings from the crowd who don't seem to be too far removed from their child car seats and chicken nuggets. Many of whom who probably couldn't immediately buy a new PMDG aircraft anyway. But, that's what you get in most forums across the web these days.

And ridiculous, toxic, comments like this, which are also laced with fallacies, are indicative of the elitist moniker given to this FS community.

I don't see any childish rantings whatsoever.  I see members stating their opinion about the product.  But you have to lash out because their opinion isn't in lockstep with yours.

Greg Dee

Edited by Greggy_D
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

reward for the worlds most underwhelming big announcement goes to PMDG

Reward for the nth time that someone has posted on the PMDG forum without including their full name.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This has been very interesting as someone who looks at PMDG as ONE of the great developers in our hobby.  But not the only one. Don’t get me wrong. For the record, I love PMDG products and would not want to lose them.  But, for the first time(?) PMDG has to hear criticism. The people that think PMDG walks on water have to hear criticism. None of you are used to this, it appears. Everything PMDG has done has just been automatically accepted as the “next best thing” before it’s even released.  Well, not this time.

Again, for the record, I am interested in learning more about this product.  I may love it. To me, it sounds like a good idea and something I have been looking for. But, come on, you have to realize that not every one that is a PMDG customer is going to want this or use this for whatever reason. It’s a niche of a niche product in our community. So, why can’t you understand why it’s going to met with some criticism? Why is not ok for people to question it?

The reactions to the negative reactions here just seem to me to be a little hypocritical. Maybe that’s not the best way to describe it.  But it just is very interesting watching this at the very least.

I hope this isn’t taken as a post completely against PMDG and its followers. It’s not meant to be that.  Just an observation from someone that doesn’t sit on either side but does recognize the general belief here that PMDG can do no wrong. They are great!  ONE of the best!  But they aren’t perfect.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

10 minutes ago, klamal said:

But, for the first time(?) PMDG has to hear criticism. The people that think PMDG walks on water have to hear criticism. None of you are used to this, it appears. Everything PMDG has done has just been automatically accepted as the “next best thing” before it’s even released.  Well, not this time.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time they've gotten criticism for things. I think the bigger issue is that a lot of people don't even have the facts straight. I'll wait until I hear official word on what this thing does before I jump to conclusions. I certainly don't want to be reading comments on here possibly mis-representing what this actually is capable of doing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

37 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

I don't see any childish rantings whatsoever.  I see members stating their opinion about the product.  But you have to lash out because their opinion isn't in lockstep with yours.

You then have not read everything that I have. Further, my comment is more about attitudes and respect, not opinions, which are always welcome (unless they are disrespectful rants veiled as opinion). Any why are you so defensive, my comment was for Kyle and PMDG staff.

Edited by jimmy64
Clarification
  • Like 1

James McLees

Being a FSE user which place holds a planes fuel setting, hours, logbook and airport location in a database, the GFO as designed is something I have always thought would be a great addition to the GA A2A fleet and their accusimed planes. So I wish PMDG all the best and hope that other a/c developers look at it as something they too could benefit from.

Kilstorm McBride 

• Like 1

what happens to the borrowed aircraft when your pc crashes midflight?

what happens when you crash the borrowed aircraft?

can I borrow an aircraft to fly in Prep3d when i only have an fsx license for it now?

are there going to be variable objects in the VC so that cockpits are indeed unique? like sticking a poster on the wall in 738 serial number 243? or forgetting my briefcase or wallet? Will the next pilot please fly back to my home airport to return it? 

Edited by avhpilot

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable