Sign in to follow this  
Roadburner426

PMDG Announced Global Flight Operations at FSE 2018

I am agnostic towards this release. I can understand this would be exciting for very serious simmers and young folks who want a career in airliner. This is heavy simming stuff.  

For me who have few hours a week for simming, I skip even starting the PMDG airlier cold... I start with the engines all started and ready. However I am happy I have the option to do a cold start if I want to.   But this ACARS and real world flying seems like WORK for which I am not getting paid, so I may not be using this much except learning it and doing it once or twice to get to KNOW how it is done.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

21 minutes ago, jimmy64 said:

No. I think that members of this and other FS communities need to show a little respect to developers for all the time, effort and planning they put into creating content for this hobby we enjoy. 

Give me a break, Jimmy.  Can you please stop with your sanctimoniousness dribble?  PMDG is NOT a charity fabricating software for the benefit of mankind.  They're a registered business executing a well thought out business plan to assure their long term success (i.e. profitability). It amazes me how many people forget this fact; to that point, NO company should be above criticism, if articulated in a constructive manner.  

I am excited about the new product and wish PMDG success; however, I think I understand the casual flyers' disappointment.  They should be allowed to voice their concerns; after all, feedback is critical to ensure PMDG's future plans align with consumer demands.  Again, they're a business, not a charity...  

Edited by kingm56
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 3

Matt King

SMH. Back to the product. Very much looking forward to this as I prefer an "as real as it can be" experience and I'm excited to see how this can/will be implemented by VA's.

James McLees

16 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Give me a break, Jimmy.  Can you please stop with your sanctimoniousness dribble?  PMDG is NOT a charity fabricating software for the benefit of mankind.  They're a registered business executing a well thought out business plan to assure their long term success (i.e. profitability). It amazes me how many people forget this fact; to that point, NO company should be above criticism, if articulated in a constructive manner.  

I am excited about the new product and wish PMDG success; however, I think I understand the casual flyers' disappointment.  They should be allowed to voice their concerns; after all, feedback is critical to ensure PMDG's future plans align with consumer demands.  Again, they're a business, not a charity...  

Okay, I wasn't gonna go into this - but come one... a couple of points:

1. No one's denying anyone to 'voice their concerns'!
  2. Why is it, that it's only the critics, who are allowed to 'voice their concerns' and opinions about this? In my opinion, it doesn't hurt with a little counterbalance!
  3. Many of the so-called people who 'voice their concern' in here, isn't really politely expressing their concern. As far as I've read, many of them are whining, making demands and insulting PMDG at it's worst. It's disrespectful and unnecessary. 

I don't understand the whole debacle! I mean, come-on. No user has even tried the software, and yet this whole thread (and many other forums and comment sections) are literally filled with unjustified and rude comments, as well as unconfirmed and made-up facts, about what this software does and doesn't. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

27 minutes ago, jimmy64 said:

No. I think that members of this and other FS communities need to show a little respect to developers for all the time, effort and planning they put into creating content for this hobby we enjoy. 

Jimmy, they are a commercial entity. They exist to make money from us flight simmers. They are not doing it for free. Do you understand this concept? Because you seem to think that we should all just bow down before them and not question or discuss anything about them. 
Their time, effort and planning is rewarded by them charging us a lot of money to by their product. The more time, effort and planning they put in to the product, the more they benefit from selling more units. Why do you think we should not be able to discuss, criticise and comment on their products? If they were a charity or volunteers I would feel differently, however they are not.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, jimmy64 said:

SMH. Back to the product. Very much looking forward to this as I prefer an "as real as it can be" experience and I'm excited to see how this can/will be implemented by VA's.

As am I; however, lets not chastise others who feel differently.  

I really hope VATSIM will be able to employ this new tool!  

Matt King

8 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Okay, I wasn't gonna go into this - but come one... a couple of points:

1. No one's denying anyone to 'voice their concerns'!
  2. Why is it, that it's only the critics, who are allowed to 'voice their concerns' and opinions about this? In my opinion, it doesn't hurt with a little counterbalance!
  3. Many of the so-called people who 'voice their concern' in here, isn't really politely expressing their concern. As far as I've read, many of them are whining, making demands and insulting PMDG at it's worst. It's disrespectful and unnecessary. 

I don't understand the whole debacle! I mean, come-on. No user has even tried the software, and yet this whole thread (and many other forums and comment sections) are literally filled with unjustified and rude comments, as well as unconfirmed and made-up facts, about what this software does and doesn't. 

You made several inferences with your points, Anders.  Please point to the part of my post where I stated consumer voices should be denied or that only negative comments should be welcomed?  In point of fact, I stated feedback, in any form (positive or negative), should be welcomed.  Plus, I reject your definition of 'winning.'  Just because you don't agree with a comment doesn't make it winning, disrespectful and/or unnecessary.  

"If you can't tolerate critics, don't do anything new or interesting" - Jeff Bazos, CEO, Amazon

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Matt King

18 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

As am I; however, lets not chastise others who feel differently.  

I really hope VATSIM will be able to employ this new tool!  

I’m fairly confident they would. And this is where PMDG shine brightly. The PMDG move towards a FANS1 capability will cause growth and development in the controller vendors I.e. vatsim, virtual airlines.

Edited by Copper.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brian Nellis

1 minute ago, Copper. said:

I’m fairly confident they would. And this is where PMDG shine brightly. The PMDG move towards a FANS1 capability will cause growth and development in the controller vendors I.e. vatsim.

Excellent points, Brian.  I didn't think about the 2d and 3rd order effects; this has the potential to grow the VATSIM community.  

Matt King

1 hour ago, jimmy64 said:

You joke about it and then don't sign your post. You know better. Real adult. This is an official forum and should be given the same respect that one would exhibit when walking into the company's office.

So , are your reading skills bad or do you need new glasses? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Respect? I show those young men a lot of respect with my PayPal account. 

Joking aside they haven't disappointed me yet. This is a hobby. Hobbies are about fun. Lighten up yall.

• Like 3

Vic green

8 hours ago, france89 said:

This has nothing to do with what PMDG did before.

And that's exactly what RSR told you and everyone else 2 months ago! So don't blame them for your own disappointment or lack of understanding.

• Like 1

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

56 minutes ago, nawarren said:

Jimmy, they are a commercial entity. They exist to make money from us flight simmers. They are not doing it for free. 

We desktop flight simmers are just one of their customers and I recall seeing Robert mentioning in one interview years ago that their main target group is in the aviation industry and we are just one of their target groups. I could also remember wrong though :ph34r:

https://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/company/about.html

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

5 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

and no. You can’t teleport airplanes. You won’t need to, but I’m guessing that by the nature of the posts here, it doesn’t seem that those concerned are concerned about being concerned...

I think this will be too restricting for VA flyers constrained by VA rules. They will need an airframe from their airline’s fleet available to book at an airport that carrier flies from. This will narrow their choice of flight considerably. Especially if there are several VAs simulating that airline.

Some VAs require real time flights so an airframe has to be available at the right place and time.

Think of it not as teleporting but as a repositioning flight that wasn’t recorded. 

ki9cAAb.jpg

I think this product would be a good candidate for a "try before you buy". I am also on the fence, and reading some of these comments with amusement. I am sure it won't be inexpensive, and would hate to have to decide "sight unseen" as to whether it would suit my needs or not without the chance of a refund.

David Porrett