Sign in to follow this  
Roadburner426

PMDG Announced Global Flight Operations at FSE 2018

When are we getting some solid info on the NG3?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm not sure what you mean about your point about it needing to be live. I clearly already stated this: if you're in a VA, AND someone is manning the desk (meaning, they are there, physically, actively, live and connected to the GFO at that moment), then they can handle the gate assignment. Otherwise, the automated system will handle it.

Either way...it's not a concern: it's handled.

So I take it you intend to maintain an up to date database of gate assignments for all the worlds airlines at all airports? Or perhaps you’re going to rely on airline codes in default scenery? I thought this might be one area where the community could contribute accurate information but it seems not.

ki9cAAb.jpg

31 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

When are we getting some solid info on the NG3?

When we're ready to announce it, per our usual stance on providing information.

Keep in mind, we could've also just made no allusions to it all, and then you'd be completely in the dark. Sometimes, it's good to reflect on what you have, instead of what you don't.

10 minutes ago, kevinh said:

So I take it you intend to maintain an up to date database of gate assignments for all the worlds airlines at all airports? Or perhaps you’re going to rely on airline codes in default scenery? I thought this might be one area where the community could contribute accurate information but it seems not.

Community contributions will be solicited, yeah. Airports change, and that isn't something that has a reliable source. People who work the ramps at the various airports have a better idea of what goes where, too. I do have several airports in the system already with assignable gates, and a good representation of what could go on those gates, and who operates from them.

I thought you were only referencing the gate assignment process, and not the aspect of how those get assigned. As far as that aspect goes, I'd trust a rampie over someone who simply is part of a VA.

Kyle Rodgers

Well im going to say it.  I think this is a fantastic idea and have been waiting for something like this for a very long time.  The immersion is broken for me because it doesn't matter who, what or where I fly on my own.  But this creates a level of responsibility as you are taking something that other people will see and use.  And having a dispatch with routing, fuel etc takes that aspect of the work out of it which i dread doing.  Yes i know about simbrief, pfpx all the good toys.  But IRL, you dont do all of that and I just want to fly the plane and check out the scenery.

• Like 1

If someone left a plane down in Antarctica, I'd fly it out of there.  I once took the 737 as far south as I possibly could; it was pretty cool.  Flew it all the way back to North America over the next couple of weeks, in mostly small hops. 

I couldn't take much more of the whiner posts, so I skipped from page 9 to 15....

Folks, software development is hard, I've been at it since 1983, and professionally since 1988.

PMDG reach out to me via my email on file and let me know the date, time, your favorite pizza place, the number of pizzas and toppings and where to have them delivered.  It's on me.

Mark Trainer

Edited by mtrainer
I seem to always mix up PDMG vs. PMDG...corrected it.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

PDMG reach out to me via my email on file and let me know the date, time, your favorite pizza place, the number of pizzas and toppings and where to have them delivered.  It's on me.

Next time I'm headed to the hangar, I'll hit you up :tongue:

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

5 hours ago, mtrainer said:

PMDG reach out to me via my email on file and let me know the date, time, your favorite pizza place, the number of pizzas and toppings and where to have them delivered.  It's on me.

Mark Trainer

Er, everything with everything, now, round the back of Southampton airport maintenance area. Ask for Dave the hat.:biggrin:

Having the NGX, i am wondering what people expect from the NG3? Isnt the NGX already perfect as it is?

20 minutes ago, A32X tebs said:

Having the NGX, i am wondering what people expect from the NG3? Isnt the NGX already perfect as it is? 

Without pushing this topic further than it is already, we might see new textures, a new model with new technics used and the new avionics in the cockpit to use.
This is what I guess if PMDG is working on a new 737. It will be for sure more than just add the new avionics into the cockpit 😄
The 737 was developed some years ago while during the time until now, new things came out and are now possible with P3D.

But let them first do the 787 😉 Its urgent to get a propper 787 into our sins 😄

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

I'm a Software Engineer, so when you mention  community contributions, will there be an API/SDK with this? I have some cool ideas for things that I'd like to try and create as 3rd party integrations.

6 hours ago, A32X tebs said:

Missing the ER and BBJ models, there's some airframe options available for the NG such as LED lights, new fuel cutoff switches, scimitar winglets etc etc, plus there's the MAX to do. I hope we see all of this in the NG3.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, liamgiles said:

will there be an API/SDK with this?

Depends on what you're looking to do. We'll obviously be coordinating with other devs to integrate ACARS/CPDLC in their products (SDK of some sort). APIs will be available for VAs to manage their own pilot rosters, and so on.

The community contributions are mainly liveries, at least in the context of my earlier post. All the same, I know we haven't thought of everything that could be cool in this system, so depending on what the idea is...

Kyle Rodgers

6 hours ago, xTiMm_ said:

Without pushing this topic further than it is already, we might see new textures, a new model with new technics used and the new avionics in the cockpit to use.
This is what I guess if PMDG is working on a new 737. It will be for sure more than just add the new avionics into the cockpit 😄
The 737 was developed some years ago while during the time until now, new things came out and are now possible with P3D.

But let them first do the 787 😉 Its urgent to get a propper 787 into our sins 😄

QW has a good 787