Sign in to follow this  
Roadburner426

PMDG Announced Global Flight Operations at FSE 2018

8 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

Haven’t seen a single thing about this since it was announced ....a year ago?...nothing, apart from dry boring text.

is there really not a single screen shot or anything at all to prove it actually exists?

been waiting a year to see something, but nothing.

There are updates on the PMDG forum. Plus, they have actually previewed it at FSExpo. I don't know where to find that video but it should be there.

Search first before coming to conclusions.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

10 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

is there really not a single screen shot or anything at all to prove it actually exists?

There were several in the presentation, which is on YouTube.

you may recall Kyle, in a previous conversation, “that it’s ready, when it’s ready” doesn’t cut it anymore in the fast paced world we live in now.

According to your world view, sure. You don't set the rules for social or market behavior however. For this, I am extremely glad.

people wanna know, if you don’t inform your quickly kicked to the kirb.

Curb...

...and this isn't the case. Even if people lost interest in the interim, that doesn't have any strong correlations to having lost that person in the long run. It's a fact of human behavior.

Kyle Rodgers

Haven’t seen a single thing about this since it was announced ....a year ago?...nothing, apart from dry boring text.

you may recall Kyle, in a previous conversation, “that it’s ready, when it’s ready” doesn’t cut it anymore in the fast paced world we live in now.

people wanna know, if you don’t inform your quickly kicked to the kirb.

been waiting a year to see something, but nothing.

getting bored now. 

Below is something I wrote a while ago, and even though I'm sure there will be some who will want to argue this, it's just the way it is.

Hello my dear friends and fellow simmers!

It's always heartwarming to know how interested people are in your product, but the honest truth is there really is no such thing as a release date for flight sim software. It's a myth, it doesn't exist. You might as well be asking for directions to the Fountain of Youth, the City of Gold, shop for Relative Bearing Grease, or quest for the switch for the Northern Lights.

Here's the true down and dirty on Sim Software releases. One day the software isn't released, and one day it is released.  Back in the olden days (horse drawn carriages, etc.) game developers gave release dates because they would complete the software, then have to press disks (eventually CDs/DVDs), add marketing material, ship it to stores and schedule the authorization date (a.k.a. "release date) for it to be sold. That's where release dates come from.

We live in different times (welcome my friends to the 21st Century, though some of you have come kicking and screaming... lol).  Software is now released by essentially uploading a file - as it's sold online and then downloaded. Literally not here one day, and here the next.  TA-DA!  MAGIC! Plus now consumers don't have to wait nearly as long for their favorite software titles - or camp outside stores in the heat/cold.  Now, I have to say that yes, there are still some software developers (not in Sim Software to my knowledge) who, purely for marketing purposes, will hold a finished product for a scheduled release date. It's HYPE, and quickly fading (if it even exists anymore).

What's the release date?  It stands to reason that when the software is done, it will be released.  With Sim Software, the sane developer will make the decision a few days beforehand. So you see, there is absolutely no reason to ask, and doing so just means that staff here has to answer with the same old "No release date at this time, we don't give release dates/please don't ask because we don't know".  We're not being rude! Nobody can give an answer to this question, not even the person writing the code.

But the good news is that when any sim product is released, every sim related website publishes it!

My very best wishes to everyone! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

There were several in the presentation, which is on YouTube.

😄 you fail to quote me on my “year ago” comment, then point me to a year old YouTube video. My point exactly.

According to your world view, sure. You don't set the rules for social or market behavior however. For this, I am extremely glad.

you may be glad, my marketing would have a more direct video with sound that didn’t sound like it was recorded in a bucket. The video did get the point across though and looks very good in principle.

Curb... 10 points.

...and this isn't the case. Even if people lost interest in the interim, that doesn't have any strong correlations to having lost that person in the long run. It's a fact of human behavior.

Behaviour... -10 points.

A new sim is on the horizon, possible competition.

Luke Pype

A new sim is an additional/new market. The fact that you don’t understand this very much proves my point.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

On 7/22/2019 at 4:41 AM, scandinavian13 said:

You do realize that our original business was writing manuals, right?

If only we'd listened to this kind of opinion back then...

So...might you perhaps want to revise that opinion and take a moment to try to understand that we might actually know what we're doing when we branch out into new markets, and new ideas?

I'd say "stick with those then," but I'd be telling you to stick with something vastly subpar by the new standard that is about to be set. I mean...up to you...

I started working on this project, alone, without any pull from any of the aircraft teams. Much like your last hot take, this one is just as ridiculous.

No aircraft were harmed in the development of this product.TM

Kyle

Thank you for the history lesson of PMDG and yes I suppose it is obvious as the name implies manuals would have been part of your origins. However your core business these past years when the general community have heard most of you has been high end aircraft thus my conclusions stand.

I wish you and the rest of the PMDG team well with your new product as and when it comes to the market. Won't be for me but perhaps for others.

One little tip from an old stager and long term businessman. It doesn't always pay to show anger in replying to potential customers. Being nice to those who agree with you and disparaging to those who disagree doesn't always work (other than in politics). Surprisingly it turns many of them off your whole company. Can't for the life of me understand why but people are strange like that aren't they?

Tony

301200 - Global + Vector, 303039 - Open LC EU + England, 317055 - Scotland, 325640 - Southampton, 345294 - Wales, 350530 - Ireland, 378458 - Norway, 379681 - Sumburgh, 406229 - Open LC North America, Alaska and Canada, 439617 - Australia SP4, 447800 - NZ North Island, 447804 - NZ South Island

On 7/21/2019 at 3:02 PM, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Tony,

There is a need to support CPDLC in our sims in order to mirror real-world developments.

The aviation industry is investing a great deal into the roll-out of CPDLC so your claims appear to show that you have not yet understood the major advantages of the programs.

CPDLC will significantly reduce voice interactions between ATC and pilots and enable auto-updating of FMC flight details. Pre-departure clearances can become commonplace among other things.

A comprehensive description of the CPDLC facilities are given here.

I hope this helps😃

Richard

Thank you for your most courteous and informative reply.

I am assuming that by ATC you refer to "in game" ATC (sorry for the poor description - best one I could think of) not Vatsim or IVAO online ATC?

Again I don't use the "in game" ATC and so it wouldn't be for me but for sure may be for many others.

As I said I wish it well.

Tony

301200 - Global + Vector, 303039 - Open LC EU + England, 317055 - Scotland, 325640 - Southampton, 345294 - Wales, 350530 - Ireland, 378458 - Norway, 379681 - Sumburgh, 406229 - Open LC North America, Alaska and Canada, 439617 - Australia SP4, 447800 - NZ North Island, 447804 - NZ South Island

On 7/21/2019 at 6:04 PM, Captain Kevin said:

And what about those of us that DON'T fly with virtual airlines that have all these "bells and whistles."

Supposedly not the case.

Kevin

I agree that those who do not belong to a decent VA may well find this fills a big hole in their FS "toolbox".

I have said on many occasions that this hobby of ours spans a large diversity of people. Some like to join with others and fly, some like to talk to real people online, others don't and like to fly in the privacy of their home joining with nobody. Each are respected in my book and certain of those sectors may well enjoy this product when it arrives. 

I will look on with interest.

Tony

5 hours ago, Tony C said:

I agree that those who do not belong to a decent VA may well find this fills a big hole in their FS "toolbox".

I have said on many occasions that this hobby of ours spans a large diversity of people. Some like to join with others and fly, some like to talk to real people online, others don't and like to fly in the privacy of their home joining with nobody. Each are respected in my book and certain of those sectors may well enjoy this product when it arrives. 

That was kind of my point. You might not have any use for it, but not to say that other people won't.

5 hours ago, Tony C said:

I am assuming that by ATC you refer to "in game" ATC (sorry for the poor description - best one I could think of) not Vatsim or IVAO online ATC?

I assumed VATSIM and IVAO, since there's not really so much voice interaction with default ATC, all you're really doing is pushing buttons in a window. Not to mention if you're flying a complex add-on with an FMC like this one, you're probably not using default ATC anyway since it would start vectoring you off the arrival procedure that you put in and throw everything out of whack.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.