Sign in to follow this  
Roadburner426

PMDG Announced Global Flight Operations at FSE 2018

1 hour ago, zmak said:

Wouldn't surprise me if PMDG announced a new aircraft within a few days. I think they have toyed with emotions before. Anyhow let's wait and see how it goes with this new software. A you tube tutorial will clear up a lot of questions 

Zoran 

Well, he spoke about the NG3 🤔

4 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

I have been using Flight Simulation software since Commodore 64 days (Flight Simulator 2 / subLOGIC). I would just like to ask a question to the "disappointed' members of our community as to whether they are aware of the advances in flight simulation and to how far we have evolved due to developers such as PMDG? For all those "disappointed pilots", take a look at FS2.....

I only started with FS4, maybe that's the difference. Nonetheless I well acknowledge how far we came since. This, however, doesn't automatically make me welcome any new tool, even more if it was overhyped that way. While I supposedly will not have much use for PMDG Global Flight Operations (among others, I prefer to take my quite limited time for actually flying instead of fleet management).

On the other hand, I was much excited about FlightBeam announcing NZWN and showing amazing previews - which others find just meh. And I am convinced there will be users who take much advantage of the PMDG offer.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Very nice announcement for my taste ! So within one week we have ...

Comprehensive Icing Simulation / St.Elmos Fire and Bugs on windshield (FSLabs)

Much more realistic everyday operations (PMDG)

Ground pedestrians walking up the stairs (FSDreamteam/GSX)

More realistic ATC experience (PilotEdge)

All of this goes one step further regarding realism. So why being disappointed at all ?

Mike

• Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Like Peter i started with subLOGIC, so as he said with what we had back then, i'm not complaining.

Whilst probably not my cup of tea, i applaud PMDG for thinking outside the box and being innovative, even if it did turn out to be a dud, which it probably won't.

Keep up the good work PMDG. 

29 minutes ago, pmb said:

I only started with FS4, maybe that's the difference. Nonetheless I well acknowledge how far we came since. This, however, doesn't automatically make me welcome any new tool, even more if it was overhyped that way. While I supposedly will not have much use for PMDG Global Flight Operations (among others, I prefer to take my quite limited time for actually flying instead of fleet management).

On the other hand, I was much excited about FlightBeam announcing NZWN and showing amazing previews - which others find just meh. And I am convinced there will be users who take much advantage of the PMDG offer.

Kind regards, Michael

Understood! I'm very much awaiting scenery for Africa...ORBX LC Africa, etc! And maybe some local airports?? Keep well.

• Upvote 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Not sure how I feel yet about the new product - I'll keep one eye on the development for now.

RSR should have said "this is not an airplane" at the beginning of the hype announcements.  PMDG is know for planes.  What else were we supposed to think?  :sad:

• Like 1

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

1 hour ago, Peter Webber said:

I have been using Flight Simulation software since Commodore 64 days (Flight Simulator 2 / subLOGIC). I would just like to ask a question to the "disappointed' members of our community as to whether they are aware of the advances in flight simulation and to how far we have evolved due to developers such as PMDG? For all those "disappointed pilots", take a look at FS2....I think you are taking things for granted. I amazed by what we have available to us today...Thank you PMDG and all other developers. You have my full support. Don't be put off by "disappointed" people. They don't realise how far we have come.

And this is relevant how? We judge a product and we are allowed to judge it. I expected more from PMDG than a tool, especially after their own marketing campaign on how long it took to develop this and what a game changer it was supposed to be.

This has nothing to do with what PMDG did before.

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I have the PMDG 737 and Queen.  Enjoy them both.  But I admit to some annoyance.  It's not with the announced product.  I'm glad to see evidence of continuing development in the simulation community.  It's the buildup to the Big Announcement.  My expectations were high.  I avidly followed the threads of those in the forum trying to guess the "product line".  Rushed home from a party to startup my computer and discover the new product.  10 years and so hush-hush.  Had to be big, right?  As you can see, I usually don't comment on the forum, being somewhat new to the sim world.  But, to me, this was a "nothingburgher". Sorry.

Pete Donaldson

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jordanal said:

Not sure how I feel yet about the new product - I'll keep one eye on the development for now.

RSR should have said "this is not an airplane" at the beginning of the hype announcements.  PMDG is know for planes.  What else were we supposed to think?  :sad:

In the first post of this thread RSR said this would be unlike anything PMDG had done before. Why did anyone think it was going to be a new aircraft addon? Wishful thinking. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

ki9cAAb.jpg

14 minutes ago, jordanal said:

True, just say it at the beginning that it is not a plane, then everything would be normal, no one is so excited before that and / or disappointed after the event.

This new product line should not have to be kept like a big secret from the beginning in the forum

Edited by hkhoanguyen

I applaud PMDG for pushing forward new ideas and development (as they've done for years) however must admit this is disappointing (particularly given the hype up)- Can't see myself using it.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

7 hours ago, Matt Webb said:

I already feel sorry for the poor bugger who will have the plane after me. 🤩

😁I can already see the ban threats coming or orders to report to Kyle to account for that hard landing after busting minimums.

Vic green

4 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Wow! Tough crowd in here.

I'm actually quite excited about this addition to the simulation.. And as far as I can see, Robert only scratched the surface of this new feature. That and Operations Center 2.0 will be great.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed, that people in here are SO quick to condemn this new development and declare themselves uninterested and disappointed. 

Oh well - you can't win everytime...

Agreed!  To all those who expressed their "disappointment," remember that PMDG is under no obligation to satisfy anyone else's expectations.  I participate in a VA but I'm looking forward to trying out this new feature, as well as the new airframes that are forthcoming.

• Like 1

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals