Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

JustFlight Spitfire vs. A2A Spitfire

5 hours ago, scianoir said:

Me too! The Turbine Duke is my go-to GA turboprop and there is arguably still nothing better than it in that category. Their Citabria is another favourite of mine and of excellent quality, although again it is a very old product of theirs. I am perhaps a little biased though as I learned to fly in the RW on that aircraft.

I note from your earlier post that you use the Real Air Spitfire in P3Dv4 - does the Turbine Duke also work on that platform?

Bill

2 hours ago, jon b said:

Have you thought about getting a free copy of DCS and buying the Spitfire and Normandy scenery?

Not only will you get more realistic flight dynamics and systems,you’ll also get a realistic WW2 combat environment to fly it in the way it was intended to be.

Going back to the Real Air discussion , although running P3D v4 I’ve some cardboard boxes full of FSX software that’s been staring at me for the last couple of months including a fleet of Real Air aircraft. Yesterday I finally gave in and bought FSX SE primarily to fly the RA duke again, not installed any add ons yet so I too would be very interested to learn if I can get the Real Air stuff to work in P3D v4 without messing things up.

cheers

jon 

Hello Bill and Jon,

I am most pleased to tell you that the Lancair, Duke Turbine and Spitfire all work perfectly in P3Dv4. Someone, from somewhere at one time published the detailed, easily conducted methodologies or means to make them work as such.

I am wracking my brain trying to come up with where to find the instructions, so I will ask:

"Who has the instructions for enabling the installment of the Real Air Spitfire and/or Real Air Lancair and/or Duke/Duke Turbine into P3Dv4.1-2?"

Maybe I used the Estonia tool, which I have, or did Poppet perhaps produce one of her wonderful userguides (what a talent!)? 

In any case, it seems to me that I have my own last original copies of the Citabria, Scout, 260, Lancair, Duke and Duke Turbine, in every version published. The only thing I never got around to personally buying before Real Air closed (I think) was the latest version of the normally aspirated Duke.

I will search my backup drives or any relevant instructions, but surely there exists a link to the ways and means just waiting for our new best friend to post. 😎

Kind regards,

Stephen

PS: IMHO this discussion must respect that the use of Real Air products are limited to those who legally bought the usage rights and possess the software as licensed and authorized by Real Air (I am not a lawyer, so this will have to do). 

Edited by SpiritFlyer
  • Like 1

The JustFlight Spitfire is the 1A, the Dunkirk Spitfire so to speak. I do not have it and cannot judge it. Try the demo by all means. I am sure you will have pleasure flying it in P3D V4...

The A2A Spitfire comprises the 1A with fixed-pitch wooden propeller or De Havilland 2-speed airscrew, and the IIA (8 guns)/IIB(4 guns and 2 cannons) with Rotol constant-speed prop. I have the A2A Spitfire (bought it day one essentially, after it was made available for P3DV4) and think it is one of the best ever GA/high-performance single-engined aircraft to be released for flight simulations... but I am biased. I have loved the Spitfire as an aircraft since I was a child.

The RealAir Spitfire comprises the Mark IX and Mark XIV, not the XVI... it was too a truly iconic FS release and it is good to know that it works in P3D V4. Sean and Rob closing down REalAir was indeed a dark day in FS history. For those with licences, there is a way to get the latest installers for the Duke Turbine and the Lancair for use in P3D V4, as one of the two of them kindly made the updated installers available... If you have a licenced copy, you can find out how to get them...

A

I have both of em, the JF and the A2A one, both for P3D V4, will do a comparison video for you in a bit.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

I am most pleased to tell you that the Lancair, Duke Turbine and Spitfire all work perfectly in P3Dv4. Someone, from somewhere at one time published the detailed, easily conducted methodologies or means to make them work as such.

Thanks Stephen.

That is very good news as I have all of the aircraft Real Air produced for FSX and at least I know some will continue to work when I eventually migrate to P3Dv4. Now all I need is for a few of my favourite airports to become available for that platform and then I will be on my way there!

Kind regards,
Bill

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scianoir said:

Thanks Stephen.

That is very good news as I have all of the aircraft Real Air produced for FSX and at least I know some will continue to work when I eventually migrate to P3Dv4. Now all I need is for a few of my favourite airports to become available for that platform and then I will be on my way there!

Kind regards,
Bill

Hi Bill,

I sent you a PM. 

When you get a chance come on over to the 64 bit side of things. That way you can get crashes for other things besides OOMs! 😎

Kind regards,

• Like 1

Thanks Stephen, good info. I’ve found the Real Air American champion aircraft, SF260, and duke in my storage boxes, and I have the spit on one of my download accounts. My duke is the poor man’s piston version though.

i think now I have FSX installed I’ll try them in their native environment again first. Having been away from simming for almost a decade I’m intrigued to see what my new super computer does with FSX, I’m hoping it’ll do things that I could have only dreamed of back in the 00 naughties! 

Cheers

Jon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Not being at my main desktop computer, so unable to edit or plan videos properly, I nevertheless did a couple of ad hoc comparison vids of the JF and A2A Spitfire Mark I/II add ons specifically for you guys. They are currently uploading and I will stick a link to them on this thread later today when they complete the processing. I did them both in P3D V4, but the products are the same in FSX so the comparison is equally valid for anyone who wants to know which one to go for that will suit them best. There are no great surprises on the comparisons, pretty much what you'd expect the differences and pros/cons to be, Personally I'm glad I bought both of them as they each have merits and you can never have too many Spitfires lol.

Of course if you are using FSX, you have the advantage of being able to also get the two best variants of the Spitfire for your sim (the Mark V and the Mark IX) so there's something P3D ain't got, but if you love Spits, the Mark i and the Mark II variants are interesting to play with in either FSX or P3D. 

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Here you go, couple of rough comparison videos between the Just Flight and A2A Mark I/II Spitfires. First the Just Flight one, below that, the A2A one:

Alan Bradbury