Sign in to follow this  
Himbi

Strange warning and spoiler problem

Hello all,

before I submit a ticket I would like to place my problem here in the forum, maybe someone can help me. 🙂

After some month of abstinence I went back into the cockpit of my 747, but I spot some strange issues.

1.) No matter if I start my flight from Cold and Dark, Short Ground Turn or Long Ground Turn - after I start the first engine I will hear the noise of a MASTER CAUTION warning and the yellow light will turn on. After four successful engine starts and no EICAS messages left the yellow warning will stay there for the complete flight. It will only disappear if I switch off the battery 😂

2.) After touchdown, the spoilers will NOT deploy completely. The position looks like the full deployment during flight. If I want to get full spoilers on ground, I must manually retract and extend the spoilers during rollout. The deployment of the spoilers is NOT affected if I use reverser or not.

And yes, I officially bought the 744 for P3D 😉

P3Dv4 and the 747 are running in the latest version...

Thanks ! 🙂

Hi,

Try to load the aircraft with the default panel state (the one with engines running).
For that, move all the panel state files out of the panel state folder (to a back up folder for instance).

I believe the persistent master caution is a symptom of a corrupted panel. The position of the spoiler may be also caused by the panel state.

Also if you have fsuipc with a profile for the 747, I would try with a brand new profile if the spoiler issue still persists with the default panel state.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Thanks for your answer.

The problems are appearing in all panel states. I already reinstalled the aircraft but it does not help.

Well, I think FSUIPC is installed, but I never use it...

The caution light issue is a known problem, and as Romain pointed out it is due to a corrupt panel state.  If you have removed all panel states from the panel state folder (different from saved flights in the document folders) and still have a problem then you should document this on a trouble ticket and submit it to PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

18 minutes ago, downscc said:

The caution light issue is a known problem, and as Romain pointed out it is due to a corrupt panel state.  If you have removed all panel states from the panel state folder (different from saved flights in the document folders) and still have a problem then you should document this on a trouble ticket and submit it to PMDG Product Support.

So I open P3D, choose 744 DEFAULT as startup file, then delete everything which is in PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\PanelState.

And then ? How can I get those panel states back ? I would like to start my flight without engines running 🤔

25 minutes ago, Himbi said:

So I open P3D, choose 744 DEFAULT as startup file, then delete everything which is in PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\PanelState.

And then ? How can I get those panel states back ? I would like to start my flight without engines running 🤔

Create you own panel states.  I always do this because I have a specific configuration I like to start my sessions with:  GAP Ground air/power where aircraft is at gate on chocks on ground air air electrical in a configuration left by previous flight.  Door open, INS off, fuel about 9%, payload 0%, seat belts off, etc.  I save this as GAP and in the QOTSII I add GAPSV which are service vehicles attached to aircraft when I start preflight (eg fuel truck etc).  For the freighters I have a GAPFSV.  Once created, I can reuse the panel states until the next product revision.

Edited by downscc
  • Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Okay thanks. I will try it !

Today I created my own panel state and indeed the master caution warning disappeared.

But the problem with the spoilers is still present...