Sign in to follow this  
hlender

Compatible Microphones and Headsets

Hello Dave or Anyone,

My old Headphone and Microphone system is giving out. I'm looking a good set. In my search, I came across the one you see below. It's a USB. It's also a Sennheiser which is a very good brand. And gets very good reviews.

Will this work with Pilot2ATC?

If there is another one please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Harry

Sennheiser culture series wideband headset (sc60-usb-ctrl)

Harry,

I have no experience with that headset so I can't really comment on it specifically.

As long as they are set up with the right drivers and the Windows settings are done correctly, any decent headset should work.  I have a Logitec $19, 3.5mm jack headset that works just fine and an expensive Jabra USB headset that also works quite well.

Perhaps someone out there has the Sennheiser and can let you know.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you. I had bought a couple of "Cheap ones", at Walmart which I couldn't get the mic to work. They were plugin not USB. They were Gamers Headset so I'm thinking that might have the reason. The plugs were 3.5 in. The headphones did work but the mics did not. I'll do some more searching. I'll check the ones out that you mentioned.

Again ThankYou.

I'll post and let you know what I finally settle on so if there is a question in the future it may help others.

Harry

Edited by hlender

i am currently tempted by the Sennheiser GSP300's ..... for sound, a simple mic mute & plug connection (saves the usb port for other hardware)

my guess is the sc60-usb-ctrl is not as good for "sim sounds", but that's a guess as i said.

unfortunately my 8yo Senn's soldier on .... the brand is tops for me.

for now, cheers

john martin

On 6/10/2018 at 11:54 AM, hlender said:

Hi Dave,

Thank you. I had bought a couple of "Cheap ones", at Walmart which I couldn't get the mic to work. They were plugin not USB. They were Gamers Headset so I'm thinking that might have the reason. The plugs were 3.5 in. The headphones did work but the mics did not. I'll do some more searching. I'll check the ones out that you mentioned.

Again ThankYou.

I'll post and let you know what I finally settle on so if there is a question in the future it may help others.

Harry

Hi Dave;

Sorry for the delay. I didn't want to spend a lot on the mic system so I went to BestBuy and got a "Logitech H390 Headset". It's a USB plugin. So far it's great. Sounds great and picks up my voice, so far, no problem. I paid $39. Hopefully, they'll last awhile.

Thanks for your help.

Harry