Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Payware insanity!!!

>One of these days I'm going to make a cube, texture each side>with a respective photo of an aeroplane from that angle, and>sell it.>>It'll be slightly above your average commerical model in terms>of accuracy and quality, and I'll make a buttload of cash, and>not have to come home sick from my real work ever again!Only if it has a FULLY mouseable V/C, wing and cabin views! :-lol

BobK

Guest Zevious Zoquis

"It'll be slightly above your average commerical model in terms of accuracy and quality"haha. funny.

Guest dsflyer

Hey moderators... how about a separate forum for the payware botherers, then they might leave the rest of us IN PEACE to enjoy our hardearned Add-Ons! Forza Liverpool!All The Best to every one of you!Dan :-)

Hey Mike!First of all, as a Newbie I downloaded your panel and love it. Matter of fact at my stage of development in this hobby, I'm downloading everybody's panel. I'm a kid in a candy store!. Seriously, Thank you for free quality candy.Now...I did the math...20,000 downloads...$20.00 a panel...you add a gauge that loses sim-luggage...I become your agent...You buy 2 Ferrari...I buy a small country. What do you think?Thanks for the panel and this threadBest regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Guest Erick_Cantu

Hm, but what if you're both?I'm sorry, but get used to the fact that most payware isn't all that great. I own some and am glad I do, but not everything I've paid for has been worth it, and a lot of it is pure hype just like anything else. Why should I bother lying? You may not like my opinion but at least it's honest!WHETHER YOU PAY FOR A PRODUCT OR NOT DOES NOT DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT IT IS SUPERIOR TO ANOTHER OFFERING. PAYWARE DEVELOPERS GET AWAY WITH A LOT OF ACCURACY AND QUALITY DEFICIENCES THAT FREEWARE DEVELOPERS WOULD BE HUNG FOR, AND I FOR ONE AM SICK OF IT. PAYWARE CAN, WILL, AND HAS BEEN OUTCLASSED BY FREEWARE AND THE OPPOSITE HAS BEEN TRUE IN THE PAST AS WELL. I PREFER TO JUDGE BASED ON WHAT I GET, I DO NOT PRAISE IT JUST BECAUSE IT IS NOT FREE!Imagine that, coming from a payware developer!Too many people have a hard time with such a simple concept...you get what you get, what you did to get it is irrelevant, whatever outcome is superior is all that matters!

Guest dsflyer

>I'm sorry, but get used to the fact that most payware isn't>all that great.Why? I have around eighteen add-on products on my system right now, all of which for me is 1st class software that "DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN". No more no less. That cost me around $500.00. So what, thats money well spent. >And a lot of it is>pure hype just like anything else.I know what crap is when i see it.>Why should I bother lying?>You may not like my opinion but at least it's honest!Believe me, I DO respect your opinion, even more so if you are a developer. Myself, i cannot even program a video recorder>WHETHER YOU PAY FOR A PRODUCT OR NOT DOES NOT DETERMINE>WHETHER OR NOT IT IS SUPERIOR TO ANOTHER OFFERING.Totally agree., i have excellent freeware on my system. Canary Sim being one of my scenery favourites. PAYWARE>DEVELOPERS GET AWAY WITH A LOT OF ACCURACY AND QUALITY>DEFICIENCES THAT FREEWARE DEVELOPERS WOULD BE HUNG FOR, AND I>FOR ONE AM SICK OF IT.Such as?? PAYWARE CAN, WILL, AND HAS BEEN>OUTCLASSED BY FREEWARE AND THE OPPOSITE HAS BEEN TRUE IN THE>PAST AS WELL. I PREFER TO JUDGE BASED ON WHAT I GET, I DO NOT>PRAISE IT JUST BECAUSE IT IS NOT FREE!Totally agreeImagine that, coming from a payware developer!I can believe it>Too many people have a hard time with such a simple>concept...you get what you get, what you did to get it is>irrelevant, whatever outcome is superior is all that matters!Totally agreeThankyou for giving me an insiders view of things. It helps me put things into perspective.CheersDan :-)

>I'm sorry, but get used to the fact that most payware isn't>all that great. I'm not going to look into every bit of payware ever produced for MSFS for comparison sake,but over the years, I've become quite familiar with many payware products, and have usually been quite pleased with the results. In general, I'd come to the opposite conclusion! Payware is "greater" than not...L.Adamson

Guest Erick_Cantu

The reason I say the opposite is because a great many addons which people tend to forget (and with good reason) make up a somewhat disturbing percentage of the total.I think the good stuff outshines the bad but there's a lot of it which makes you wonder what was going through their minds when they made it.I don't mind payware one bit. A lot of it is really really good and I'd be quite happy to pay for it (I still consider my copy of the DF734 to be one of the best purchases I've ever made), but there's a flood of sub-par stuff out there floating around in a sort of cesspool, and I hate knowing that people get suckered into it. I tend to be very cautious about what I buy, firstly because I want to save as much as I can, and second, I don't get paid all that much (though frankly I'm due for a raise by now, 8 months and still getting my initial $6.00/hr? I think that needs to change right quick!). Some people aren't...As for examples of concessions I've seen payware get in terms of visual models, I'd rather not cite specific examples, contact me via PM if you want, but I'd rather not say anything in public...

Guest dsflyer

Erick.,I hope i dind't come over as insensitive, although i am afraid i think i did. I am personally on a tight budget myself due to unfortunate circumstances, and maybe that is why i am overprotective to my payware that i have saved up for over the last few years.Anyway., iv'e rambled to much for the last few days... i think i prefer to listen to other people's ideas and opinions from now on :-)All the bestDan

At $6.00 an hour, I think I'd "seriously" investigate the "payware" market. :( At least your name is known, which is always good for a head start.L.Adamson --- self employed for 21 years now

Guest Erick_Cantu

Meh, not much an insider, just someone with a few pay projects on the side here and there... :-hahI'm glad everything you've bought works as advertised. Same case here! I'm quite pleased with what I've bought in the past and will continue to support the developers in the future, mind you, the number of developers I trust is a very small one. Was it stuff you researched about beforehand? Pure luck? I'm curious. I tend to take forever to decide on buying something as I'd like to know what will be worth it and what will just be throwing my cash away (although the amount I've spent on MSTS addons is nothing short of apalling in my opinion, meh, it's less than my N Scale SD40 cost)...Sorry to sound harsh in the above post, but in the past I've put up with a lot of people who can't seem to think that anything they didn't pay for could ever be any good, the kind of people who will buy anything that has a price tag, et c et c et c (methinks the techie term is 'sucker'). Your initial post seemed kind of vague as to what your attitude is, and I assumed it was one of those, because I'm a dick.I don't want to come of as having a negative attitude towards payware. I don't! I have a very *cautious* attitude towards it. I'm not one to buy things just because I can, and the attitudes of some types (generally the ones who brag about the number they've bought, not saying any are here, but sometimes it's almost like those middle eastern airlines with the 'my fleet is bigger than yours' complex) get on my nerves more than they probably should.

Guest Erick_Cantu

Oh, sheez, no, I just took your post the wrong way! :+

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Eric, I agree with much of what you said, but I have to take issue with the notion that payware devs "get away" with stuff that a freeware author would be hung for. I've never seen a freeware author take much of a beating for anything but I have on many many occasions seen payware devs be attacked mercilessly for teensie weensy little issues that most people wouldn't even notice or care about. And on the few occasions when I have seen someone complain publically about some aspect of a freeware add-on that person usually comes under serious attack themselves. The general consensus seems to be that since it's given free nobody has the right to complain about it in any way. Thats the way it should be of course. If you don't like it, delete it afaic, but to suggest that payware devs get a free ride while freeware guys can't catch a break seems totally off the mark to me...

Wow, just dropped in and see the Friendly Panels guys seem to have struck a nerve with some here.Without knowing the guys, it would seem they may be new to this sort of thing.Just an opinion here, but isn't the marketplace, be it real aircraft, golf outlets, payware addons, etc; a place where you see the full spectrum of merchants and customers from the highest quality/pricepoints to the lowest quality/pricepoints?It seems that is the case worldwide and in nearly every marketplace you can imagine.Most potential customers for either category of product have enough common sense to know what they wish to purchase and at what price point.:-) Those who choose to not use good common sense in ANY market usually end up hurting for it.At the end of the day, it seems the aforementioned marketplace will settle the question of whether a given product is worth whatever is being asked for it....Just our two cents:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Payware developers can't win can they?>>Offer a money-back guarantee and some people will still>complain.Re: Visual Flight "almost" London scenery bought from Simmarket******************************************************************Edward CoxDate: 05/25/2005Status: OpenCategory: Other Hello, is it possible to get a refund as the scenery was not what I expected.?regardsEd *******************************************************************Olaf - SupportDate: 05/25/2005Status: OpenCategory: Other Dear Customer,we are afraid that our refunds policy is clear about purchases of our shareware and direct download products due to their Non-returnable form:All sales are final - No Refunds will be givenShareware and Download products are not returnable and non-refundable unless otherwise indicated.This policy is clearly pointed out to you before making any purchase to us and we must strictly adhere to it to protect our authors and businness.Regards. regardsEd

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/115553.jpgAMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZS