Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Payware insanity!!!

Guest dsflyer

Build it yourself! Sounds good.CheersDan :-beerchug

Guest Erick_Cantu

Personally, I think credit cards are Satan, I use a debit card, which I got simply because if I'm ever in a pinch it'll make life a lot easier, though I almost never use it, it's easier for me to NOT spend money when you withdraw a said amount and use it on what you need...Debit cards seem to work pretty well and have some other very handy applications. Meh.

Guest artmartin

Boy, you certainly have a right to your opinion but you do realize that your statement is black and white, no gray area whatsoever. It reminds me a lot of the drunken driving laws. You're guilty if you blow a .8 no matter what other factors exist. I know a huge number of drivers with their sober skills wavering from that of someone who shouldn't even be licensed to using a can opener to friends of mine that could probably win at LeMans blindfolded. The latter group could probably drive better at double the legal alcolhol limit than the former could sober and well-rested. Of course when dealing in law, rules have to be designed around measurable amounts, so even though I sympathize with the guys that get nailed in that grey area, I completely understand it.Now in taking this analogy into software and scenery designers, there doesn't seem to be this requirement for measurable standards other than in personal taste. Where one designer needs to get their feet wet in the freeware field before ever endeavoring to market their wares, another guy might have that inborn attention to detail and committment to customer service right from the start and be ready to hit the ground running. Your post makes it sound like we're all built the same and there's this measured, clear path to scenery design enlightenment. That smacks of the whole Medieval ideal of apprentice, journeyman, master, God. That might apply to construction but we're talking an artistic endeavor here. That intrinsic creativity necessary for successful scenery design can't be taught in my opinion. If a person starts out feeling their initital crappy freeware offering is worthy of public release, I don't hold out a lot of hope that when they've put in their necessary pennance that any future payware will be much better.I say if a designer wants their 1st release to be payware and it's quality, all the more power to them regardless of how much they've enjoyed the freeware products before that.Art Martin

Guest davidvoogd

Unfortunately at least here in Canada, there's no way I know of to make online purchases with a debit card.

>Unfortunately at least here in Canada, there's no way I know>of to make online purchases with a debit card.My Visa debit card works the same as any credit card for online purchases.