Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Got Q400 Installed out of P3D4 Directory - It is Awesome

Well, this weekend with power outage and some data corruption happened on my SSD (I had Crucial's Momentum Cache enabled...I do get insane speeds), something funny happened to my P3Dv4 Installation.  I tried to fix it, but in the end I had to uninstall everything.

Anyway, I decided to reinstall my newly bought Q400 64 Bit license, and during installation it points to Prepar3d V4 directory but on the top it also.  Point it to any location you want...and that is exactly what I did.

Used Lorby's Tool for a quick installation of SimObjects and Effects Directory and Viola.  The plane works great.

Now only if Orbx and other guys will follow suit with installing outside the sim directory.

I love this plane.  Crosswynd what's happening with the Majestic's forum? any updates or are we all moving here (which is great too, one site for all addons).

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

We are working on restoring the Majestic Software forum, which is taking a bit longer than planned.  It'll be back up and running and I'll be sure to make a public announcement when the task is complete.

Cheers

• Like 1

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

10 minutes ago, crosswind said:

We are working on restoring the Majestic Software forum, which is taking a bit longer than planned.  It'll be back up and running and I'll be sure to make a public announcement when the task is complete.

Cheers

Thanks Crosswind.

Looking forward to Majestic's Website Return

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

How did you get this to work. Ive been trying for days outside of sim. 

Thanks. 

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

Hi Stephen,

If you install the Q400 to a new folder in "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" (e.g. "Majestic Software") and add an add-on.xml file with the following content, it should work.

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Majestic Q400</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Majestic Software Bombardier Q400 for Prepar3D v4</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Effects</Category>
        <Path>Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>SimObjects</Category>
        <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document> 

To make the xml file, simply create a new text document, paste in the above text using Notepad, etc. and rename it to "add-on.xml". This file should sit in the new Majestic folder, along with the "effects" and "SimObjects" directories and uninstaller that the installer placed there.

Then, when you launch P3D, it should auto-detect the Majestic Q400.

Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Did it not work great if you installed in the root folder?  

Installing in root folder worked fine for me and has always performed exeedingly well.  But good to know you can do this.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png