Sign in to follow this  
jolivab

TomatoShade Excessive Reflection

Hi everybody!

I’ve recently applied TomatoShade for PMDG 777 and FSL A320X in P3Dv4.2, getting an excessive reflection (like the old American Airlines Livery). I’ve tried with default bright and dark presets, and also with RD’s TomatoShade preset.

Does anybody has the same issue, or know how to adjust this?

In Prepar3d settings I have Dynamic Reflections ON, and HDR Lightning Enabled (brightness: 1.1, bloom 0.1, saturation 1.0).

Thanks a lot!

Did you apply the Reflection Tweaks using the "Dynamic Reflection Maker" Tool as prompted by TomatoShade?

The Tool is located in the same folder as Tomato Shade.

Edited by eXpress48

4 hours ago, eXpress48 said:

Did you apply the Reflection Tweaks using the "Dynamic Reflection Maker" Tool as prompted by TomatoShade?

The Tool is located in the same folder as Tomato Shade.

Yes. Applied the profiles per model.

8_DB5_DAA7_3_BFE_42_D9_934_D_986856066_F97293541_58_A5_4588_B53_B_E63_F6_B2466_B73_C5_CC18_EF67_4_DE4_A189_BC062_D71_E43

Drawback for me with Tomato is, that there are only 2 or 3 presets available. Or am I wrong?

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

2 hours ago, hvw said:

Drawback for me with Tomato is, that there are only 2 or 3 presets available. Or am I wrong?

I'd like to know too.  I currently use the 'Bright' preset.  I'm happy with it, but also would like to know if there is a repository for others - I've not seen any

45 minutes ago, awf said:

Well you could adjust it your self via the gui...

True, but my entire simming life I have been adjusting and tweaking a lot for others, so I thought the time has come that others can do sumpin for me :biggrin:

Hans

Edited by hvw
  • Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

9 hours ago, hvw said:

True, but my entire simming life I have been adjusting and tweaking a lot for others, so I thought the time has come that others can do sumpin for me :biggrin:

Hans

Same to me. Since 2001 helping people, Hope the universe could compensate a little.

Any clue for my problem? I've read that is just simple applying the preset and that's it, but for me is not working.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hvw said:

Hans

Then just use the included preset if you don't want to tweak. Can't be lazy and picky at the same time 😉 It's an excellent preset in any case.

There's also this; https://www.rdpresets.com/rd-tomatoshade-preset.html

8 hours ago, jolivab said:

Same to me. Since 2001 helping people, Hope the universe could compensate a little.

Any clue for my problem? I've read that is just simple applying the preset and that's it, but for me is not working.

It's just going over what you already said, just to make absolutely sure;

Dynamic Reflection slider on at least "Low", plus you applied the included profile to the appropriate model of your aircraft. There's multiple profiles for many aircrafts, depending on their model, -200F, -200LR, -300ER etc. and you also hit "Save", so it comes up as a 'Modified' model and it turns red / orange in the DynamicReflectionMaker?

I know I'm just going over the very basics. I also saw a guy who just loaded up the presets but didn't actually apply them, by heading up into "Actions" and hitting "Apply preset".

Edited by Sethos1988

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB