Mike Hawkeye Hawkins

Trouble with Reinstalling into FSX-SE

I had the PMDG 737 NGX installed in FSX-SE, but decided to use my old FSX for awhile, so I deregistered the product through the FMC, redownloaded an installer and put it on FSX.

The plane worked fine, but my sim didn't, so as previously stated, I went back to use the FSX-SE. So, again, I deregistered the 737 through the FMC, redownloaded another installer, uninstalled the previous install, and then relaunched it to install again back into FSX-SE. The problem is that the installer doesn't give me an option to install it anywhere, it just installs it. I launch FSX-SE, and it's not there.

So, I read up a little to see if I could solve this problem myself. I uninstalled my old FSX install, and tried again. It "installs" somewhere, but it's not showing up in FSX-SE. I'm even cleaning up the registry with CCleaner, and it's still not installing.

I deleted the folders from the FSX install that were left behind after the uninstall. Uninstalled the plane and reinstalled. Again, nothing.

What am I doing wrong, here?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, Mike Hawkeye Hawkins said:

I had the PMDG 737 NGX installed in FSX-SE, but decided to use my old FSX for awhile, so I deregistered the product through the FMC, redownloaded an installer and put it on FSX.

The plane worked fine, but my sim didn't, so as previously stated, I went back to use the FSX-SE. So, again, I deregistered the 737 through the FMC, redownloaded another installer, uninstalled the previous install, and then relaunched it to install again back into FSX-SE. The problem is that the installer doesn't give me an option to install it anywhere, it just installs it. I launch FSX-SE, and it's not there.

So, I read up a little to see if I could solve this problem myself. I uninstalled my old FSX install, and tried again. It "installs" somewhere, but it's not showing up in FSX-SE. I'm even cleaning up the registry with CCleaner, and it's still not installing.

I deleted the folders from the FSX install that were left behind after the uninstall. Uninstalled the plane and reinstalled. Again, nothing.

What am I doing wrong, here?

It sounds like a registry issue. Can you please open a ticket with us from support.precisionmanuals.com and will look at it?

Just want to say that I submitted the ticket as was requested, and they nearly IMMEDIATELY sent me the solution to the problem, which was a registry issue. They sent over a piece of software that corrected the issue, and my 737 is back. Great job!