Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

High CPU load due to MsMpEng.exe

Hello,

I have make a support request a few weeks ago also to Keven, which responded as always, but there seems no solution. Now my request goes to the community here if anyone has an idea or even has it observed also on his system.

My problem is, that I see reproduceable a high CPU load of about 12-13% due to the task MsMpEng.exe when Chaseplane is running.

MsMpEng.exe is a part of Windows defender (real time scan?). I'm on Win10 64bit Prof, latest official build.

When I disable Windows Defender Realtime scan, I do not have the MsMpEng.exe running.

Of course I have excluded all possible directories and folders and tasks from scanning, but that makes no difference: P3Dv4, P3D folder, Chaseplane folder, ChasePlane.exe, Chaseplane_Bridge.exe ...

Here is a screenshot what MsMpEng.exe task will produce:

Cr0PRmS.png

If anyone has any idea or even could see the similar issue, please respond!

Many thanks,

Günter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I'm also suffering from this problem .  My problem is when I am sitting at the gate Chase plane is running normal very very  smooth . Then when I takeoff  all of sudden the view shift . And it start to stutter when panning in the VC . CPU load is top at 100 , I do suspect that the problem could be my antivirus as it start to scan Chaseplane folder when ever I start the sim. I do turn off my Antivirus when I'm using the sim.  There is a lot of report of what you are saying online msmpeng.exe high cpu usage . I did the fallowing by completely disabling window defender. Turning it off by the window setting didn't help. So I fallow some recommendation by turning it off completely . I let AVAST do all the protection , window defender in the past represented major issues both FSX /P3D .  I haven't test p3d yet with chaseplane but I am hoping this should solve my issue . I only seem to be getting this problem only with FSLAB A320 . If this doesn't solve my issue I might just reinstall FSLAB A320 and see if the problem continues . I'm also monitoring my CPU Activity using Process Lasso .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

On 6/11/2018 at 3:45 PM, guenseli said:

Of course I have excluded all possible directories and folders and tasks from scanning, but that makes no difference: P3Dv4, P3D folder, Chaseplane folder, ChasePlane.exe, Chaseplane_Bridge.exe ...

Just in case. Above the Exclusions setting there is a Controlled folder access setting, is it on or off? Normally off by default.

Cheers,

howevr

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:20 PM, howevr said:

Just in case. Above the Exclusions setting there is a Controlled folder access setting, is it on or off? Normally off by default.

It is off in my case ...

Guenter Steiner

And I have made now batch files to disable realtime scan.

It even works (for a while) when you disable realtime scan and enable it a few seconds later with the batch.

This is a batch to disable the scan:

cls
@echo off

echo *** Defender Realtime Monitoring abschalten ***
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command "& { Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $True }"

And this one will start it again

cls
@echo off

echo *** Defender Realtime Monitoring wieder aktivieren ***
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command "& { Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $False }"

And with this batch it will stop and start after a few seconds

cls
@echo off

echo *** Defender Realtime Monitoring abschalten ***
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command "& { Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $True }"

timeout /t 4 /nobreak

echo *** Defender Realtime Monitoring wieder aktivieren ***
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command "& { Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $False }"

Guenter Steiner

Recieved the update and all is working now!

thanks guys!!!

Guenter Steiner