Sign in to follow this  
Scandinavianaviator

AS16 & chaseplane wont recognizes my sim is on

This literally happened from day to day, after an update i was forced to do by AS16. 

Very odd, i was about to do a groupflight and i had just finished another flight without any problems prior to that group flight. I then restarted my sim, and AS16 wanted me to update. So i did, then when i started up my sim, loaded in, it kept on saying "Waiting for simulator" as if my sim wasnt started which it was. Everything was loaded in. Chaseplane is the same problem. It doesn't see if my sim is on. Also i cant click anthing in the add-ons tab in the sim. GSX or sode or anything like that, nothing responds. Projectfly and flychrono has 0 problems, they work flawless.
I also tried to reinstall the QW787, to see if the hotfix did anything wrong to my sim since that was the latest thing after AS i installed. But nothing there as well.

I have even tried to reinstall the client but that did nothing.

I hope someone out there with a smart brain can help me out with this, i am desperate. 

Do you have AS16 on a network PC ?

You might want to check your simconnect.cfg in the document folder on the client (not server PC). Your IP adress might have changed on one or both PC´s

Happens from time to time on my systems.

Also look at the Server PC, c:/users appdata/roaming/LM/P3dV4 folder for a simconnect.xml (edit with notepad the IP adress if needed)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

3 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Do you have AS16 on a network PC ?

You might want to check your simconnect.cfg in the document folder on the client (not server PC). Your IP adress might have changed on one or both PC´s

Happens from time to time on my systems.

Also look at the Server PC, c:/users appdata/roaming/LM/P3dV4 folder for a simmcoinect.xml (edit with notepad)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Hi Michael.

By client you mean the AS16 simconnectfiles folder right? 

I dont have any simconnect.xml in the Server PC. 

2 hours ago, Scandinavianaviator said:

Hi Michael.

By client you mean the AS16 simconnectfiles folder right? 

I dont have any simconnect.xml in the Server PC. 

If you have AS16 running on a second PC it has a simconnect.cfg file in c/this PC//documents folders

On Server PC (where P3Dv4 is installed ) theres is a simconnect.xml file in c/users/appdata/roaming/LM/P3Dv4 folder

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

2 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

If you have AS16 running on a second PC it has a simconnect.cfg file in user/documents folders

On Server PC (where P3Dv4 is installed ) theres is a simconnect.xml file in c/users/appdata/roaming/LM/P3Dv4 folder

Thanks

Michael Moe

Thing is i have everything installed on another drive, on D and not C. And no i dont have AS running on a 2nd PC. (http://prntscr.com/jtlfuz)
And do the .xml file go anywhere or do you just want me to check if its there? 
My simulator is installed into D drive, and there is nothing on the C drive either with something called simconnect.xml or .cfg for that sake. only in the AS as shown in the screenshot that i have linked too.

Just now, Scandinavianaviator said:

Thing is i have everything installed on another drive, on D and not C. And no i dont have AS running on a 2nd PC. (http://prntscr.com/jtlfuz)
And do the .xml file go anywhere or do you just want me to check if its there? 
My simulator is installed into D drive, and there is nothing on the C drive either with something called simconnect.xml or .cfg for that sake. only in the AS as shown in the screenshot that i have linked too.

These suggestions of mine was only if you had it running on a network PC 😎

Sorry you need to adress it otherwise

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

2 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

These suggestions of mine was only if you had it running on a network PC 😎

Sorry you need to adress it otherwise

Thanks

Michael Moe

You lost me. 

33 minutes ago, Scandinavianaviator said:

You lost me. 

Go to X:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib and install simconnect.  In the following order

FSX-RTM

FSX-SP1

FSX-Xpack

You need to do this to rule it out.

Are you using P3D V3 ?

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

9 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Go to X:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib and install simconnect.  In the following order

FSX-RTM

FSX-SP1

FSX-Xpack

You need to do this to rule it out.

Are you using P3D V3 ?

I've tried that, still nothing. And i use v4

Just now, Scandinavianaviator said:

I've tried that, still nothing. And i use v4

Ok, What version of HiFI weather addon are you trying to connect ? Because you mention AS2016, which is 32bit. You should be using ASP4

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just now, ZKOKQ said:

Ok, What version of HiFI weather addon are you trying to connect ? Because you mention AS2016, which is 32bit. You should be using ASP4

Totally my bad, i do indeed use ASP4

3 minutes ago, Scandinavianaviator said:

Totally my bad, i do indeed use ASP4

Thats ok. You might have to jump over to the HiFi forum and see if the team can help you, or submit a ticket.