Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Navigraph or Simplate X for charts.

I have been looking into possibly purchasing a chart service to add to my Navigraph data subscription. I see that the Navigraph charts are about $90 a year, and I am told that smaller airports have been eliminated from their service. I found another product called Simplate X which has about 70,000 charts from all over the world, and it is a one time purchase of around $40. My question is , if anyone is using Simplate X, how useful is it?  I understand that the plates are not updated frequently, but on their website they claim that much of the actual plates are not updated that often either. I get much of my nav0aid infor from Skyvector in the US, but I was thinking this Chart info might be a better option in Europe and Canada. I fly mostly the NGX, and QW400 , for a VA. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I've used both Bob and I prefer Navigraph - mainly because the subscription includes updating of Airac cycles automaticaloly on specific software. The charts are the same although strangely, I found more "missing" approaches in Simplates than Navigraph. The quality of the charts is identical.

I rarely use Simplates any longer, just as a second source.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I just use Navigraph. Regular updates (beside of the airacs), good support and User interface.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Navigraph, navigraph, navigraph...sorry eco here!

Just love navigraph, airac, moving map, charts, all in a very well made package accessible in any platform or gadget!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Navigraph. The moving maps are excellent. I pulled a chart up on my iPhone the other day (whilst in flight) and it was tracking my flight without asking!

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Thanks for the advice. Just got the Navigraph subscription. Just looking at it for a few minutes, looks like it is well worth it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I use both but would recommend Navigraph, although I don't like the Jeppesen format to the former Lido, they are still the best available, consider the Airac cycle update package if you choose Navigraph.

steve southey

The navigraph charts app is very similar in layout to the Jeppesen flight deck pro app i use in RW flying, I’ve been impressed by it.

If in the future there’s a way to inject the navigraph  jepp plates into simulator EFBs that would be fantastic.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

2 hours ago, jon b said:

If in the future there’s a way to inject the navigraph  jepp plates into simulator EFBs that would be fantastic.

Ahem.

More accurately, start from 14:27 in the video in the above link.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Yes Navigraph is great with updates and future development, the subscription is well worth it. Also the Tablet App with Moving Maps works great too

Matthew Kane

6 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Ahem.

More accurately, start from 14:27 in the video in the above link.

Brilliant,thanks Kevin. Can’t wait to get my hands on that 748.

In the mean time I hope the quality wings 787 gets similar functionality, maybe it already has, not got that far in the manual yet ! 

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Eh, kind of sort of. If you somehow manage to save the chart as a .jpg file, you'd manually drop that in the charts folder, then it'll show up. Watch the naming convention, though, or it won't show up right.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

If you are in the US, SimplatesX updates it's NACO charts with each AIRAC cycle.  Good for GA pilots in the US in particular.

Flew my first VA flight last night in the Q400 from ENAL to ENTO using the Navigraph charts program. I am really impressed with these charts, much more than I expected. Loaded a flight plan into it from Simbrief, and now I had a moving map showing my aircrafts location both on the route, and on the Sid and Star as well as the airport taxi paths. All charts for arrival and destination are downloaded even before the flight starts. Then you just click on the one you want to see, and they are all color coded for SID, Airport, Chart, approach, etc.  An amazing add on for the small cost.