Sign in to follow this  
shafs67

X plane 11 why should i change

Hay guys i have been using flightsim longer than i care to remember and about a year a changed to prepar 3dv4 and liked it but i hear lot of people saying xplane is more like real flying is this true.

Thanks

Download teh demo and try for yourself and watch the presentation at flightsim expo in another post.

• Upvote 2

You are asking the wrong question.  Why should you need to change.  You already have p3d so the question is should I add X-plane 11 to my computer.  

I would say yes.  Many things it does much better than p3d but p3d does many things better too.

You should have both and use the best tool for the kind of flight you do today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Harry Woodrow

43 minutes ago, harrry said:

You are asking the wrong question.  Why should you need to change.  You already have p3d so the question is should I add X-plane 11 to my computer.  

I would say yes.  Many things it does much better than p3d but p3d does many things better too.

I agree with Harry its good to have the option to to have both sims.

44 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Download teh demo and try for yourself and watch the presentation at flightsim expo in another post.

The demo is a really great idea 🙂 definitely  try it shafs67.

Edited by Silverbird
  • Like 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

5 hours ago, shafs67 said:

Ok thanks guys i will try the demo.

Make sure you set your joystick/yoke setting as follows: (suggested by jcomm) 

- you set your artificial stability sliders full left ( no art stab )

- your sensitivity sliders to about 50%

• Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I was a big fan of P3D... Today I have only one option...The difference is huge. I have never had so much fun flying with a simulator. I use XP11 with Ortho4xp ZL 16 and today I fly in the real world with a huge pleasure.I'm looking forward to the orbx UK release... and you will see what I am talking about...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

As a long time FSX/P3D guy, XP11 is amazing many respects such as aircraft physics and engine behavior. As a GA user, the two areas I would like to see improvement are AI and ATC.

For AI, I use World Trade 3. I wish it were more like My Traffic or Ultimate Traffic Live with more of plug-n-play or install and forget it with traffic at GA airports as well as major air carrier terminals. Not trying to be critical, I just wish things were more advanced. 

For ATC, there are plug-ins for RC4 and PF3 which are ok but for basic VFR there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice. There seems to be a loyal following for Pilot 2 Air (P2A) but I have yet to embrace that option. there is also a program called 124th ATC, but I'm not that familiar and I don't think it handles VFR. The internal XP11 ATC seems quite limited and unrealistic. 

I would be very appreciative for any additional feedback 

Since the release of x plane 11 everything is going faster and faster. I am sure that with time all these defects will be erased. But the most important for me is the feeling that it provides. The x plane team is amazing and they will not leave the boat as early...you can trust me...

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

5 hours ago, filou said:

I was a big fan of P3D... Today I have only one option...The difference is huge. I have never had so much fun flying with a simulator. I use XP11 with Ortho4xp ZL 16 and today I fly in the real world with a huge pleasure.I'm looking forward to the orbx UK release... and you will see what I am talking about...

https://fsnexus.com/orbx-uk-ireland-photoreal-regions-announced-for-p3d-fsx-x-plane-and-aerofly-fs2/

I just found out that ORBX intends to release the scenery first for XP11. But do you think it will be so much better than Ortho4XP plus OSM overlay plus landmarks?

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

27 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

https://fsnexus.com/orbx-uk-ireland-photoreal-regions-announced-for-p3d-fsx-x-plane-and-aerofly-fs2/

I just found out that ORBX intends to release the scenery first for XP11. But do you think it will be so much better than Ortho4XP plus OSM overlay plus landmarks?

1000% 

52 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

Yes. The orthos are all being hand-blended and colour matched, the autogen is far more accurate and authentically themed and there will be hundreds of landmarks specially made for the scenery. The England/Wales scenery has accurate building heights and even individual trees at the correct height.

Orbx has no interest in doing the same thing as ortho4xp or less good... 

On 6/12/2018 at 2:19 AM, harrry said:

Well stated!  I have every and all from the major players. I fly all of them regularly. Why does ANYBODY have to 'choose'?!?  I never got that...when posts came up with that question.