Sign in to follow this  
sumnr5@yahoo.com

Q787 P3Dv4.2 Captain flows

Hopefully, this topic does not already exist, but I cannot find the captains flows for the new Q787 Dreamliner.  The flows for the Q757 exist , but not the 787.  I may be missing something and the flows are not yet available.  Thanks for any help. S. Sumner

Steve Sumner

Hi, In the installation notes the dev advises to run the app wizard so that the flows can be copied over into the correct folders, but you don't have to go as far as voice training. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

21 hours ago, sumnr5@yahoo.com said:

I have done this and still no flows.  Thanks

Just in case there are issues with permissions on your system to create folders or copy files to them, you could do that manually.

Go to MCE installation folder and look under \Support\Files\Voicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\ folder

Copy folders "QualityWings 787-8" and "QualityWings 787-9"

Then go to \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\ folder and paste the 2 folders there.

You will then be able to see them in Voxscript interface, when the aircraft is loaded.

2 hours ago, sumnr5@yahoo.com said:

I apologize for not being clear enough.  I am looking for the scripts and flows in PDF format.  

A pdf file would just list the pre-made flows expected actions.

Since everyone is free to modify those to suit his/her real world or virtual airline, it's kind of pointless.

Go through each flow listed in Voxscript, look at the scripted actions, then remove the ones you'd like to handle yourself, so you can have the perfect task sharing.

With 42 complex aircraft supported in a massive package built over a decade, it's getting tedious to write all those documents that very few people bother to read. And more so, because the moment you touch the original flow, the document is no longer in synch.

Once you understand Multi Crew Experience philosophy, you will realize it's a fully interactive crew simulation, where you can call the shots in any order, even using your own custom speech if you wanted.

If this was a rigid scripted adventure where you are expected to speak a "specific magic sentence" and can only move forward according to what a timer dictates, then yes a pdf manual would be essential, because a novice would be clueless as to what happens next.

It's not the case here.

We train the FO to respond to speech commands to set as many switches as possible directly for any given aircraft.

Then we make him available to you, so you can use him as you see fit (custom flows that tell him what to do and when).

You can even boss him around (give him direct commands to do something else), while he's executing a flow.

Gerald i'm allready in the process to make my own flows but have 2 questions about my copilot in the B787 and P3Dv4.

1. How should the EICAS Checklist menu be working, now my FO just opens the checklist in the EICAS ?
2. I can't command the FO to open any EICAS System pages like ELEC ,DOORS etc. just the STATUS page works?

Just want to be sure i'm not missing any steps on my side, it is great to have MultiCrew so soon in the B787 thanks for this!

Bruno

Bruno 

1 hour ago, bakerman said:

Gerald i'm allready in the process to make my own flows but have 2 questions about my copilot in the B787 and P3Dv4.

1. How should the EICAS Checklist menu be working, now my FO just opens the checklist in the EICAS ?
2. I can't command the FO to open any EICAS System pages like ELEC ,DOORS etc. just the STATUS page works?

Just want to be sure i'm not missing any steps on my side, it is great to have MultiCrew so soon in the B787 thanks for this!

Bruno

There is still that limitation in P3D V4 whereby FO cannot simulate clicks in CDU.

In FSX he can do that, including juggling with ECL sections and lines as he goes.

Once it's resolved, he should be able to do the same in P3D V4.

He can control all switches directly though (including overhead panel). Only the Display Units are inaccessible to him in P3D V4 at the moment.