Sign in to follow this  
Oskar Speer

SkyForce 3D and The PMDG B747-400

Hi! I need some knowledge from you. Does my weather rader in my B747 works together with REX SkyForce weather engine? For now I use AS+ASCA. Is it possible to automatically download wx+ data into my PMDG B747-400 FMC? Does PMDG B747-400 weather radar show present weather in the navigation display in the PMDG B747-400 cockpit when I use REX Sky Force 3D? Can I see the weather in my navigation display?

Edited by Oskar Speer

The only developer of weather engines that has coordinated with PMDG is HiFi and their Active Sky products.  There is quite a lot of Active Sky vs REX SkyForce stuff right here in avsim such as:

I've not read anything that indicates the REX weather engine is any better than Active Sky so what is that you are trying to accomplish?

Dan Downs KCRP

if you look for the skyforce visuals afaik you can use skyforce and inject the weather from AS

33 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

if you look for the skyforce visuals afaik you can use skyforce and inject the weather from AS

Yes, I run my weather in that configuration. Sky Force do not works together with B744. I have now tested. Still I can download RTE data from Sky Force into my FMC but no visual in the ND.

Oscar,

I expect that we will be putting some developer time toward interfacing with REX over the next few months.

• Like 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

2 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Oscar,

I expect that we will be putting some developer time toward interfacing with REX over the next few months.

Glad to hear that :)

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

When running SkyForce are you disabling the built-in weather engine and only using the AS one?

Edited by speedyTC

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Disable the builtin engine. I only use AS engine.

Edited by Oskar Speer