I’m reasonably new to simming but have been flying RW for more than twenty years. 

Could someone one help me with why I can’t display the conventional DME on either of the the bending king readouts despite being able to tune them. I’m trying to avoid the requirement to use the GPS system at this stage, I never had it when I operated Chieftains and Navajos myself. 

Your help would be appreciated. 

Edited by aidanlegras

So the 2 Bendix King Radios and DME are the same as the default ones in FSX?  Sitting on the ground at KSFO I am having no difficulties picking up a high altitude VOR PYE located at Pt. Reyes California. I am only using Nav1.

DME.JPG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks Charlie for having a look but I think we’re looking at two different products there. 

Carenado PA31 Navajo for P3D doesnt have a 2D cockpit at all. 

I don't know why it does not work for you, but I can confirm that on my side, I do have DME readout for both NAV1 and NAV2 on the Bendix/King DMEs on the 3D panel. I am using the Carenado PA31 Navajo v1.1 on P3D v4.2.

Are you sure that the Navaids you tune do have DME ?

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

I usually use the GNS530 to tune NAV1 and the KX 165 (located just above the transponder) to tune NAV2. I just tried using the DME stack (tuning the frequency directly on the DME units) and it also works.

I noticed that no matter what unit I use to tune the frequency (NAV radios or DME units), the change is reflected on the corresponding other unit (GNS530 NAV1 vs KN64 DME1 and KX 165 NAV2 vs KN64 DME2).

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64