Sign in to follow this  
Prayog

P3D V4.2 ai_player.dll taxi speed offset

Hello gurus,

looking for P3D V4.2 ai_player.dll taxi speed offset. AI is rolling out sluggishly. Every single time I have to go-around as AI slowly moves to next "exit" :(

If anybody knows, please enlighten me.

Thanks.

Regards

Prayog

Just search the library, someone posted AIplayer.dll here with the bytes changed 

I THINK I found the file that @kand referenced.  The file I found is called "aidirector_v1_0.zip", and is found in the Flight Simulator X - Utilities catogory.  Author states:

This application allows you to monitor and more importantly set the taxi speed of AI aircraft in Prepar3d.

Increasing the taxi speed, from the default of 20 knots, allows the aircraft to vacant the runway sooner. Thereby reducing the induced go-arounds. As the "runway" taxi speed is bled off automatically while the aircraft is still on the runway, the Runway Taxi Speed should be set quite high, 60-80 is a reasonable setting, but can even be set higher.

This has only been tested against Prepar3d v2.2, however it should work with earlier versions of Prepar3d.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The files in avsim library probably caters the requirement for P3D 4.1 I had tried it before posting this thread and P3D 4.2 CTDs at start which means it is not working for 4.2

Besides I see the file was touched by LM in 4.2 release as there is size difference in 4.1 and 4.2 file.

Further, some other material on LM forum suggest that there might be 4 different taxi speed such as push back, normal taxing, turning,  roll-out etc. If all these are found, those can be assigned precise values for best results.

Thanks to all for help.

Regards

Prayog

8 minutes ago, Prayog said:

The files in avsim library probably caters the requirement for P3D 4.1 I had tried it before posting this thread and P3D 4.2 CTDs at start which means it is not working for 4.2

Besides I see the file was touched by LM in 4.2 release as there is size difference in 4.1 and 4.2 file.

Further, some other material on LM forum suggest that there might be 4 different taxi speed such as push back, normal taxing, turning,  roll-out etc. If all these are found, those can be assigned precise values for best results.

Thanks to all for help.

Regards

Prayog

try this

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=27341.15

• Like 1

AITTP 1.3 works fantastically well, Thanks for the help. Situation looks far better than it was.

Regards

Prayog

Negative, the file is called 

AI Traffic Timeout and Taxi Speed Patch P3D 4.2

I know the bytes that need to change, I have been meaning to post on Fsdeveloper but havent had time recently 

1 hour ago, kand said:

Negative, the file is called 

AI Traffic Timeout and Taxi Speed Patch P3D 4.2

I know the bytes that need to change, I have been meaning to post on Fsdeveloper but havent had time recently 

I am not sure if I understand you correctly but it is 2 different tools. One is from Fsdeveloper and the other is from Alpha India group (AITTP 1.3)

The OP asked for the offset (the address for the bytes in AIplayer.DLL) which control the hard coded AI speed. 

The hard coded AI speeds are contained in AIplayer.DLL, it is not meant to be played with

I posted a link to where a modified AIplayer.DLL is available here

One downside is, AITTP seems to be changing speed for all AI vehicles, so the other vehicles are racing across the airport now. Very rash driving  :p

This is the reason I was asking if there are specific types where we increase taxi and roll-out speeds for AI planes.

Regards

Prayog