Sign in to follow this  
flytriman

Crew Voice Volume

With the latest version (2.7.6.4) I noticed a significant lowering of the crew voice volumes.  Checklist readings are intelligible and I have to read the prompts on the screen.  I checked the volume control on the UI and it is set to Max.  I also have not changed any volumes in my P3D v4.2 controls.  Any idea of what I can do to get the volume up...other than to change the volume of my system.

Thanks,

Garry Lundberg

9 hours ago, flytriman said:

With the latest version (2.7.6.4) I noticed a significant lowering of the crew voice volumes.  Checklist readings are intelligible and I have to read the prompts on the screen.  I checked the volume control on the UI and it is set to Max.  I also have not changed any volumes in my P3D v4.2 controls.  Any idea of what I can do to get the volume up...other than to change the volume of my system.

Thanks,

It's actually a "Windows feature" sometimes coming to bite you. And it doesn't strike consistently.

Read this thread to understand how it can affect any program it deems is running as a background task, and the easy fix.

Gerald,

Thanks...but that box was already checked.  Also, after reading the other thread, I tried turning the Sim sound off (Q)...but made no difference.  If it helps...when I start MCE the ATC voices that play on start up are fine, as they were before.  I also note the GSX voices are softer than before...not as low as the MCE voices, but they used to be actually loud.  I tested several aircraft and several co-pilots with same result.

I also realized, I said this occurred with the latest MCE update...but I have been flying a couple of new GA aircraft for several weeks now so I haven't been using MCE.  Just last week I went back to the new Aerosoft DC-8 50 and used MCE after checking for updates.

Any other ideas

Garry Lundberg

6 hours ago, flytriman said:

Any more assistance to this issue?

Unless more users report the same issue, it's hard not to assume could be connected to your specific audio device or its driver under Windows 10.

Is it's USB or built-in audio. If it's the latter, which audio chip? Realtek or other?

Understand...just wondered if you had any other ideas.  Since it's Realtek, based on what I've read in some forums, I'll try downloading new drivers (and hope they don't make things worse).  If you have any other ideas let me know.

Garry Lundberg

55 minutes ago, flytriman said:

Understand...just wondered if you had any other ideas.  Since it's Realtek, based on what I've read in some forums, I'll try downloading new drivers (and hope they don't make things worse).  If you have any other ideas let me know.

With Realtek on Windows x64, you'd be better off un-installing Realtek drivers, and letting Windows use its own drivers for the device.

23 hours ago, FS++ said:

With Realtek on Windows x64, you'd be better off un-installing Realtek drivers, and letting Windows use its own drivers for the device.

Agree.

With the 1803 Windows 10 update MCE would no longer work correctly on my system when running the wizard. Error pointing to my sound system as the culprit. Upgrading Realtek drivers did not help. Only removing my Realtek drivers and letting Windows install it’s own worked for me.

Cheers,

howevr