Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13JUN18] XPlane User Updates

3 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Danny,

You have room in your house for all of us to live if we did that?  :cool:  Oh, and you have to have room for the dog... 

😄Ok Robert maybe just for the dog then but alright i get the picture😊

Regards

Danny.

• Upvote 1

Zdenek  Cebis

Would be really nice to have more products from you on X-Plane and finally to be able to fly completely the DC-6 in X-Plane 11, as it's already working, but from my small test flight just the pressurization but most importantly the gauge reflection that went bad. It did not feel like anything else was not working, but obviously there might be more stuff than meet the eye 🙂
Really looking forward to it 🙂

Great news, more than happy. Of course I'll have to support you on both major platforms now 🙂

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

4 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

how can we work together to make this easier?

That‘s a sentence I fu**ing love to read! I don‘t use XP and don‘t plan to, but I would love to see that community share their leasure time with each other instead of using it to battle. 🙂

Edited by Ephedrin
  • Like 4

Robert 

Thank you for your update and I'm very happy to hear this news. It is a long time coming and sure hope it works out for the benefit of the both PMDG and the X plane community at large.

I also like to give congrats to the news about the Global Flight Operation which is something I have been looking for and and it certainly would be a nice addition in the X plane community when it comes.

Looking forward to hear more news as it comes.

Thanks

Bob

• Like 1

Good to hear there's a dialogue between both LR and PMDG! Can't blame PMDG for making sure there's a large enough market and revenue potential before assigning resources - I think we all understand that. 

I certainly don't mean to presume to tell PMDG how to run their business, but in terms of market assessment I wonder how much weightage are they giving to the performance of the DC-6 as a benchmark for X-plane market potential. I for one, used to be a PMDG customer but the DC-6 never attracted me given its more of a legacy/niche aircraft. While I am sure there are plenty of users who want the DC-6, I can't help but wonder if a newer aircraft (for e.g. the 737, 747 or 777) with much broader potential might be a better way to evaluate the market potential.

I certainly appreciate the fact that the development resources for the 737/747/777 are likely far greater than the DC-6 given the systems complexity - but if you're gonna give it a real go, might as well put your best foot forward instead of dipping your toes!

Regardless, appreciate the update and clarity in how you guys are thinking about this stuff interally. We'll wait!

Anubhav,

The DC-6 was designed to give us a technical study, not a market study.  We already know that the XPL community of high-end sim users is very much smaller than it is in the FSX/P3D world.  We have plenty of data from other sources to show buying habits, etc.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert, I’m retired. I’m old. Please don’t take too much time.😀

• Like 3

NAX669.png

I'm so happy to see LR and PMDG start to communicated. This is a good news for me.

I can understand business wise it scary to engage your self because like you said :

We already know that the XPL community of high-end sim users is very much smaller than it is in the FSX/P3D world.  We have plenty of data from other sources to show buying habits, etc.

IMHO I think XPL user aren't use to have big (FSX/P3D) names for addon, but now you can start to see changes (ORBX, HIFI, FlyTampa, etc), with other coming to X-Plane. I'm a XPL user and I come from FSX/P3D ,IF you decide to do 737, 747, 777 for XPL I will buy all of them, because your the best.

You know better them me that peoples who goes on X-Plane now are more and more FSX/P3D  sim users, if PMDG decide to go all in, maybe more people will give a real try to X-Plane.

Thanks for the Update and I hope to see your A/C in X-plane

Jean-Marie Roland

• Like 1

So how does one get FS9/FSX users to move to a more mature platform like XP11 or P3D V4.x?  I was somewhat surprised by some of the sales numbers for FSX platform (still around 50%)  ... I can only imagine how much developers are holding back (in terms of memory consuming quality and features) just to still be compliant with FSX memory limitations.

Cheers, Rob.

26 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

So how does one get FS9/FSX users to move to a more mature platform like XP11 or P3D V4.x?  I was somewhat surprised by some of the sales numbers for FSX platform (still around 50%)  ... I can only imagine how much developers are holding back (in terms of memory consuming quality and features) just to still be compliant with FSX memory limitations.

Cheers, Rob.

I think this change is happening, but it takes time! The Flight Simulator brand is still widely recognized, much more so than Prepar3D or X-Plane. Nevertheless, if you look at the trends, since December 2017 X-Plane 11 usage has increased about 38%, while FSX has lost about 8% of its active users. Unfortunately we cannot check P3D`s numbers, but I am sure it is also growing significantly!

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

See, i use both... P3Dv4 and XP11. As i have so much invested in P3Dv4 (some from FSX and other versions of P3D), the move to XP11 will never happen for me. I still fly XP11, but not to the same extend i do v4. There might be people who have enough cash floating around to buy the add ons for both platforms, but unfortunately, that is not me at the moment. 

As far as stats go, FS9 users and FSX users are making choices, be it P3D or XP. Both are growing. And with FSW at its end, its no surprise that these two seeing growth. At the end of it all, i believe people will stick with whats familiar and has the most to offer (products/backwards compatibility and so on). Why reinvest if one does not have to?

Can't wait to get my hands of more PMDG X-Plane products

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

15 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

(To be clearer- this will be a service update, not requiring any further purchase from XPL customers.)

I tend to wait and see when new add-ons get released so I didn't immediately jump on the DC-6. I've been on the fence about it ever since, but this is the news I had been waiting for! Everything else I am more than patient for. Thanks 🙂