Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13JUN18] XPlane User Updates

3 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Ah okay... I wasn‘t aware of this as I have installed it without steam.. 

Me too! That is why those numbers do not represent the total size of the XP11 market, but they do offer a perspective into its growing trend.

For sure the releases from Orbx, ActiveSky and (hopefully) PMDG will just make the platform even more competitive.

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

5 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Don't kid yourself...if it were the pinnacle of technological perfection and user base like so many claim, developers would be all over it. Fact is, they aren't...and it's not simply because they haven't looked into the platform.

I agree with your post almost completely. Regarding this sentence, I think developers ARE flocking to XP11. Orbx and FlyTampa, both of which categorically said that they would never develop for XP11 are now supporting it. HiFi is also releasing ActiveSky in Q42018. PMDG now has more clear plans for the future...

And, of course, there are the XP-specific developers that already have multiple high-quality add-ons released for the platform. 

I think the future is bright, both for P3D and XP11!

• Like 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Robert,

Both running a company and managing a large team in a profession where the operator assumes the majority of the criticism and accolades, I have found that continuously praising and acknowledging my team’s hard work and accomplishments never goes unnoticed.  Please be assured that your team and the community realize that your leadership style has proven that you are a master of the above.

One more point, then I promise I will get off my soapbox.   Addressing the cantankerous members of the community, I ask them to ponder a simple question.  A question that my beautiful wife (past US Air Force KC-135 commander and now a 75/76 commercial pilot) often asks.  “Why do you spend so much time and money screwing around on that stupid computer playing that stupid flying game?”

A great book that I highly recommend, The Triple Agent,by Joby Warrick highlights the lives of those unsung clandestine heroes that died in the 2009 bombing of the CIA outpost in Afghanistan, Camp Chapman.   When the author portrays Sharif Ali bin Zeid of the Jordanian Intelligence Office and also a member of the Jordanian royal family, he describes a very intense personality, whom on a daily basis, stared both death and terrorism directly in the face. Joby goes on to describe how bin Zeid would fly on his flight simulator (what sounded very similar to the PMDG 737) on a regular basis for relaxation and to manage stress.

We all use flight simulation “the hobby” for different reasons.  I get enough flack from my wife because “the hobby” is part of my stress management protocol.  Hopefully my soapbox encourages the cantankerous few to respect why other members are involved in the community and keep stress out of “the hobby.”

X-plane and P3D are like testicles , one is not better than the other and both should be loved and cherished equally, because it’ll be a sad day if you ever wake up one morning and find one is missing.

Jon Bunting

• Like 13
  • Upvote 6

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Jon,

I haven't laughed that hard in MONTHS.  Thank you!

How you doing, btw?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Well,I think there’s a serious point in there somewhere!

I’m doing good Rob, yourself ?

Jon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

On 6/13/2018 at 7:55 AM, rsrandazzo said:

Danny,

You have room in your house for all of us to live if we did that?  :cool:  Oh, and you have to have room for the dog... 

Will you agree for shared bunks?

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

3 hours ago, joona_ said:

Will you agree for shared bunks?

That’s affirmative.😁but i have to add a extra storey to the house.😉

Danny.

Zdenek  Cebis

On 6/12/2018 at 9:55 PM, rsrandazzo said:

Danny,

You have room in your house for all of us to live if we did that?  :cool:  Oh, and you have to have room for the dog... 

move to the north: zombies cant survive and you wont be far from Jason ....

funny to think about fs98 and Rob and Jason, those guys were already there .... we re not getting younger ...

8 hours ago, jon b said:

X-plane and P3D are like testicles , one is not better than the other and both should be loved and cherished equally, because it’ll be a sad day if you ever wake up one morning and find one is missing.

Jon Bunting

But one is always higher than the other 🙂It’s true, and i know some of you will check your balls after reading this 😄 

Edited by ArborVitae

Interesting line of discussion...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Robert, do think you will have any planes for XP11 (if you do decide to realease anything to XP) this year or should we be expecting something only fpr 2019?

On 6/13/2018 at 9:57 PM, Ephedrin said:

the problem until now has always been that it locks out developers who want to code outside of the XP-given possibilities. In P3D you can write applications that run beside P3D and take all the calculations outside of the core. In XP you have to use what's there but can't do the same as with P3D. So things like Accusim or what PMDG have done to override for example the ground model would not be possible with XP.. At least for now. To improve this LR could open those limitations so developers can use XP as a visual platform but create their "own simulator" in the background. 

This statement is surprising me a bit.

The FF A320 does all of its calculations outside X-Plane.

Things like REP (in approach similar to AccuSim, albeit not yet in scope) do a lot of their simulation in their own plugins, overriding X-Plane's own limitations.

• Like 6

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

PMDG would indeed be an asset to the X-Plane community. They offer well-polished products in P3D/FSX and would be more than welcome in X-Plane.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020