Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13JUN18] XPlane User Updates

PMDG with FSX/P3D is like "Across 110th Street" 

Unless You get hanged to it, you dont need it.

My very best regards,

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

Robert, do you think you will have PMDG products availiable (If you do make any decisions) for XP 11 this year, or should we just expect something to be out by 2019?

Miguel,

1 hour ago, migueldeus said:

Robert, do you think you will have PMDG products availiable (If you do make any decisions) for XP 11 this year, or should we just expect something to be out by 2019?

Miguel,

Miguel, full names in the PMDG forums please.  Also, read his first post carefully... they have not yet even determined when the work starts.  Quote: I'll let you know once we have a clearer idea when to expect this product to be available. End Quote.  Out by 2019 isn't even a guess yet.

Dan Downs KCRP

If only I could run xplane properly.  It’s no surprise so many are jumping ship to xplane. Aircraft and addon development  in p3d is excruciatingly slow.

michael

• Like 1

I made these two videos using the rudimentary 737 that comes with XP   The third party community has made some amazing sceneries.  I just need a PMDG 737 to fully enjoy XP 🙂

• Like 2

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

On 6/16/2018 at 12:06 AM, migueldeus said:

Miguel,

I would be thrilled if it would come out in 2020. Those things take time...

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

On 6/13/2018 at 1:50 PM, rsrandazzo said:

Ben came over and started off with words to the effect of, "how can we work together to make this easier?"

I have followed the development of x-plane for a long time, and had been worried. We all know there are fans for all kinds of products, but when the leader of a company several times through many years always comparing his products with others, there's often reason to look up.

But I would say that this sentence from Ben is the single most important development Laminar has ever done. It seems that they are also getting matured and taking important steps for the future. I really wish there was more people like Ben everywhere, not only in flight sim business. That makes big hope for the future.

Edited by hasse29
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2018 at 7:34 PM, Luis_KMIA said:

I made these two videos using the rudimentary 737 that comes with XP   The third party community has made some amazing sceneries.  I just need a PMDG 737 to fully enjoy XP 🙂

Have you tried the freeware mods for this aircraft by Zibo and AudiobirdXP?

Check out flightdeck2sim Youtube channel - as well as loads of NGX videos he's started doing Zibo 737 videos as well now so you can see (and hear) what it's like. It's not NGX level but it is still pretty good, and the developers are improving it all the time. And those FMOD sounds effects... 😎

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alistair Brown

0.png

6 hours ago, captain_alligator said:

Have you tried the freeware mods for this aircraft by Zibo and AudiobirdXP?

Check out flightdeck2sim Youtube channel - as well as loads of NGX videos he's started doing Zibo 737 videos as well now so you can see (and hear) what it's like. It's not NGX level but it is still pretty good, and the developers are improving it all the time. And those FMOD sounds effects... 😎

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

11 hours ago, captain_alligator said:

It's not NGX level but it is still pretty good, and the developers are improving it all the time. And those FMOD sounds effects... 😎

Give it more development time, cannot help but feel it'll end up superior. Most amazing of all, it's free 😉 

I find it amusingly frustrating how fast it gets up dated, almost everyday or every other day, I can’t keep up 😛. Currently the zibo is a great alternative to the NGX but I still miss the PMDG quality/details in XP

• Like 1

Alaister Kay

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, rsrandazzo said:

Anubhav,

The DC-6 was designed to give us a technical study, not a market study.  We already know that the XPL community of high-end sim users is very much smaller than it is in the FSX/P3D world.  We have plenty of data from other sources to show buying habits, etc.

Robert,

Interesting comment.  This is it to the current real world discussions regarding equipage for PBN, ADS-B, Datacomm, etc.  Like that voice from the heavens said in Iowa, "If you build it, they will come".  

I've been a customer of PMDG products since the first B737 and of study level sims in the MS platform since B767 PIC.  Before these, it was PS1. For those of us that seek quality aircraft that are true training devices, the quality of the add-on drives the choice of simulator platforms, not the other way around.  It is for this reason, I have not migrated to X-Plane even though I believe it is a better simulator platform. 

For example, V1 cuts are much more realistic in X-Plane than in FSX or P3D.  Level D 767 the only sim that somehow managed to come close to replicating the yaw and roll coupling that occurs with swept wing airplane following an engine failure in FSX.  A V1 cut or engine failure just liftoff is vastly different and more realistic using iXEG B737-300 in X-Plane than using NGX in P3Dv4.  And I have all the toys to make it a realistic as possible.  This is not intended as a slam against NGX, but that rather acknowledgement of what appears to be known limitations of the FSX/P3D platform.  However, iXEG's 737-300 is found wanting in many other areas (e.g., FMS modeling). Same is true for the Zimbo B737 mod.  Both of these are no where close to the level of realism provided by NGX. I have shied away from X-Plane simply because there are no products that rise to the level of PMDG's, perhaps save Flight Factor's Airbus.  I'm not an Airbus aficionado. 

What I am trying to say is that you might be surprised by the level migration to X-Plane should PMDG break into that market.  The DC-6 was a novelty.  Introducing the NGX into X-Plane would really test the market.  

Food for thought.  Thanks again for being the leader in the flight simulator add-on development.

Best regards,

Rich Boll

Wichita KS 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

On 9/20/2018 at 11:22 PM, 747Chief said:

Thanks for the update.

Just made switch from fsx to x plane 11 and wont be purchasing anymore products for fsx. Since the dev is going to take forever for x plane may have to start looking at other options for future purchases. Which is sad, I absolutely love pmdg products and understand producing your quality products take some time, but I am not waiting years and years for you guys to dev a 747 for x plane. 

The prospect of X-planes future, in iterations to come - quarters/years to come, unfortunately makes me swerve "ANY" future products for P3D. Dead money, but hey hoe, live and let live. The difference already is night and day. Switched to X-plane fully about 5 months ago giving P3D pleanty of affection and chances but once you try X-plane fully loaded and get used to it its just life changing for my hobby needs, decision made. 

This isn't a bash at PMDG. It's just how this simmer feels and chooses to follow as he deems it the best option for his simming future. Thanks for the memories PMDG. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I changed to X-Plane now and am really excited.
For me, that's the future.
It's also nice that more and more developers are joining X-Plane, who used to say, "we will not do anything for X-Plane"
HiFi and ORBX and FlyTampa are now also at the start.
Until the release of the 737 or 747 or 777 of PMDG at X-Plane, I first use the B737-800X (ZIBO mod).

• Like 1