Sign in to follow this  
RonR2

RXP GNS WAAS Hardware Driver + PFC Avionics + RXP GNS 530W V2 + P3DV4

Is there a way to make the RXP GNS WAAS Hardware Driver work with the Precision Flight Controls Avionics Hardware (PFCs Digital Avionics Enhanced Hardware), RXP GNS 530W V2, and P3D version 4.2?  Operating system is Win7.

Thanks,

Ron

10900K, 3080TI, Maximus XIII, 32 GB, Win10.

Hi Ron,

yes, and it is already taken care of!

The RXP GNS Hardware Driver is specifically for the PFC hardware (PFC 430 among others). Any customer of the GNS Hardware Driver unlocks the feature in any of their RXP software, including the latest GNS V2. In addition, the last couple GNS V2 update now include the new 64bits PFC DLL we were waiting for to make it work in P3D4 and XP11!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Dear Jean-Luc,

Thank you for your reply.  I have the latest RXP GNS 530W V2 running in P3DV4.2 Win7.  The Precision Flight Controls Digital Avionics Enhanced Hardware is working with the exception of the PFC 430W Control Interface.  The hardware buttons and knobs for the PFC 430W control interface are not controlling the RXP GNS 530W in the sim.  Do I need to somehow install the RXP GNS WAAS Hardware Driver for P3D?  When I try to do that, there is no option to install for P3D.  Thanks for your help.

Ron

Please review the User's Manual, you have to manually edit the RealityXP.GNS.ini file to tell which hardware specifically:

; connects to: 'PFC_STACK','PFC_430','PFC_530' or any '#PID' (#D002 for PFC_430)
; no value connects to first found, 'OFF' disables connection.
HardwareDevice =
; hardware selector number or -1 to disable.
HardwareIdx = -1

It is possible the initial ini file created in the aircraft folder as a HardwareIdx = -1 which disables the hardware.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Jean-Luc,

Yes, my initial setting was set to HardwareIdx = -1.  What should I replace the -1 with?  I could not find other allowable values for HardwareIdx in the manual.  Thanks.

Ron

usually the hardware is pre-configured with a selector, this should be written on a sticker, otherwise default is 0 (zero). The selector servers the purpose to differentiating 2 hardware devices of the same type connected to the computer, so that you can use for example selector 0 with GNS #1 and selector 1 with GNS #2.

Jean-Luc,

Works great in my setup with HardwareIdx = 0.  Thank you very much for providing this fantastic hardware driver.

Ron