ErichB

Cost of flightsimming - per day of use - over 4 years.

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

equates to £1159 per annum or £100 a month.

Since retirement I've tried to budget myself £100 per month for this hobby but before retiring I would more or less buy what I wanted and I am probably better off not knowing exactly how much I have spent over the years. I certainly know I am better off with my wife not knowing that figure! In truth there are many months when I don't even spend £100 mainly because I have most of what I need - more than what I need if I was honest with myself.

However at this point I am still on FSX and when my rig eventually breathes its last and I have to buy a new computer I will most likely migrate to P3Dv4 which will of course involve upgrading a lot of software in addition to the hardware cost. At the moment, as a form of future proofing, if I buy software addons, I prefer to just get products that also come with a P3Dv4 version included in the purchase price or at least have an upgrade available at a reasonable discount. For this reason I have not bought any new PMDG or A2A aircraft for some time as both of these unfortunately offer no discounts for existing users.

Yes, this hobby can consume a lot of cash if you let it but, as many people have pointed out the costs of flight simulation are a lot less than many other hobbies or pastimes and I for one have no regrets on what I spend on it.

Bill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!