Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

Installation process P3Dv4.1 to P3Dv4.3?

Hi,

Just a general question on making client and content updates to P3Dv4.

Since v4.3 has been announced it will be on its way soon and currently I am using v4.1 , is it possible to make the update/jump directly to v4.3 when it becomes available or does the LM installer depend upon have the previous minor revision installed?

Thanks
Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

You can update the client / content / scenery part directly from 4.1 to 4.3.  You do not need to have 4.2 installed.

• Like 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Uninstall the 4.1 client (selecting "no" when it asks you do you want to deactivate your licence).

Then install the 4.3 client. It really is that simple. (You can follow the same steps if you want to update the content and scenery, but these updates are optional).

• Like 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Thx guys.

Much appreciated.

Regards
Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

18 hours ago, nealmac said:

Uninstall the 4.1 client (selecting "no" when it asks you do you want to deactivate your licence).

Then install the 4.3 client. It really is that simple. (You can follow the same steps if you want to update the content and scenery, but these updates are optional).

How do you uninstall a client? Or do I even need to do that? When I went from 4.1 to 4.2 I did a complete uninstall of my P3D and then did a fresh install of 4.2 since I did not have a lot of stuff installed at the time. I am most likely not going to do that when 4.3 comes out because I have a lot more stuff installed.

13 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

How do you uninstall a client? Or do I even need to do that? When I went from 4.1 to 4.2 I did a complete uninstall of my P3D and then did a fresh install of 4.2 since I did not have a lot of stuff installed at the time. I am most likely not going to do that when 4.3 comes out because I have a lot more stuff installed.

In your control panel, you will see a few different instances of Prepar3d. You will see the min P3D installation, along with client, content and scenery. Just click on the one labelled "client", and uninstall it. See image below:

35160873551_d5266e8e6f_o.png

• Like 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

21 minutes ago, nealmac said:

In your control panel, you will see a few different instances of Prepar3d. You will see the min P3D installation, along with client, content and scenery. Just click on the one labelled "client", and uninstall it. See image below:

35160873551_d5266e8e6f_o.png

Thank you very much.

I believe Rob also recommends to backup the Config and delete the old one and delete the contents of the shadier folder, before you install the new Client and let it rebuild the config and shadier folder.    

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I too skipped the 4.2 upgrade - mostly due to not being sure of the process.

What are the disadvantages of updating content and scenery.

I have most of OrbX, Uk2000 EGBB and Drzewiecki Design New York City so do I need to uninstall those before uninstalling and updating scenery ?

likewise A2A Cherokee, Milviz Beaver, PMDG 737 and FSL A320. Do I need to go thru the same process of uninstalling those first ? (I need to update the Airbus anyway as it hasn’t stolen enough of my passwords yet) 

Tony Morel

53 minutes ago, TMorel said:

ikewise A2A Cherokee, Milviz Beaver, PMDG 737 and FSL A320. Do I need to go thru the same process of uninstalling those first ?

No, that's the beauty of the Client only install/uninstall.  Replacing the 'Client' only does not interfere with your scenery installations or your aircraft installations.  I rarely update the scenery and content unless I do a full install.

do we have a rough estimate date of the new patch.  sorry if its been answered before

14ppkc-6.png

They said ‘end of June’

More information about uninstalling P3D and upgrading and installing just the client and how to uninstall the client in the P3D Tips and Tricks Forum.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10