Sign in to follow this  
AZWildk4t

ParkPosGenerator

I've installed ParkposGenerator to help resolve some issue I see at KPHX. I have a couple of questions that might help to configure the parking positions

1) Defining the different aircraft per parking position is limited to 11. That doesn't cover all the different ICAO aircraft types. For example, GATE_MEDIUM could have A318, A319,A320,A321,B732,B733,B734,B735,B736,B737,B738,B739, and maybe a few B757s. This certainly surpasses the limit of 11. Can I manually add these to the ParkPosGenerator.cfg file?

2) I am seeing the Dash8 parked at KPHX, which this aircraft doesn't fly into. Can I manually edit the KPHX.text file in the Parked folder to remove them from the parking spot?

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by kiek

7 minutes ago, AZWildk4t said:

1)  Can I manually add these to the ParkPosGenerator.cfg file?

2) Can I manually edit the KPHX.text file in the Parked folder to remove them from the parking spot?

@1 Yes you can enter more then 11 types in the .cfg file. You do not have to use the program interface.

@2 Yes you can. The ParkPosGenerator is  a tool to get the exact parking positions which is the main goal. The aircraft types per parking position type is just a first generic shot. If you want a really realistic airport file you have to edit it manually. Note that there are already a lot of manually created airport files, such as at this site.

Edited by kiek

7 hours ago, kiek said:

@1 Yes you can enter more then 11 types in the .cfg file. You do not have to use the program interface.

@2 Yes you can. The ParkPosGenerator is  a tool to get the exact parking positions which is the main goal. The aircraft types per parking position type is just a first generic shot. If you want a really realistic airport file you have to edit it manually. Note that there are already a lot of manually created airport files, such as at this site.

One more question.  The last page of the manual says to move the files to the parked PSXseeconTraffic folder. There is no parked folder but there is a parked_default folder. Do I create a parked folder or replace the ones in parked_default?

I will update the Manual.

You should not put them in the parked_default folder. Like the name symbolises it contains the airport files for people that did not run the ParkposGenerator but work with the default set of airport files. The parked_default folder will be overwritten with every new update.

You should create a new folder in PSXseeconTraffic or wherever you like with a name you can freely choose. Move the airport files to there and change the Airport Files parameter in the Interface to point to that folder.

Edited by kiek

12 hours ago, kiek said:

You should create a new folder in PSXseeconTraffic or wherever you like with a name you can freely choose. Move the airport files to there and change the Airport Files parameter in the Interface to point to that folder.

Last question. How do I save the new path to my new parked folder? I changed it via UI but then it never saves. Opens up again with parked_default. I don't see an entry in the PSXseeconTraffic.cfg file to manually set it.  Is this something you can add to the next release. 

5 minutes ago, AZWildk4t said:

Last question. How do I save the new path to my new parked folder? I changed it via UI but then it never saves. Opens up again with parked_default. I don't see an entry in the PSXseeconTraffic.cfg file to manually set it.  Is this something you can add to the next release. 

You can change it in the UI, don't forget to press ENTER after you have made the change (just like the Manual says...).

You can also always change it via the .cfg file, the entry is named PARKEDFOLDER=

So there is nothing to be add in the next release 😉

Nico

Edited by kiek

20 hours ago, kiek said:

You can change it in the UI, don't forget to press ENTER after you have made the change (just like the Manual says...).

You can also always change it via the .cfg file, the entry is named PARKEDFOLDER=

So there is nothing to be add in the next release 😉

Nico

Thanks Nico. My eyes are getting bad. I couldn’t see the Enter button. Thanks for pointing it out