avi8tir

What is the highest quality add-on airport for P3D V4?

Posted (edited)

I have around 25 add on airports so far. Some are better than others, for various reasons. 

What's the best, in your opinion? I am not asking which is your favorite because you fly in there in real life on a regular basis...  but rather which has the highest quality replication of the real thing? Best textures, lighting etc etc. 

Edited by avi8tir

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'd put Flightbeam SFO and MSP up there.  

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I add my vote for FlightBeam KSFO HD.

36518402271_6e01cc4fa6_b_d.jpg

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

uk2000 Bristol.  just look at the detail and the vibrancy in it.... a true masterpiece. Looking at it makes you want to drink up yer cider..  

1GD12.jpg

Edited by tooting
  • Like 3

FSDT KCLT and FlightBeam KMSP are close with a slight edge to FB just because they got off COUTI. FSDT KMEM would tie the two I mentioned but FlightBeam has a definite performance advantage. kSFO as well. Heck, I dunno, they're all good. I can't name a best. Latin VFR KMIA is another excellent work as well as their KRDU. Main thing, stick with a reputable developer and more often you'll get a good product.   

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I'd say it was the Latinwings/Pilot's recently released Almeria Airport (LEAM). Lots to recommend it in terms of value for money, what is included and what makes it worth flying there...

Geographically, the descent to finals for LEAM from northern departure points takes you close over the snow capped Sierra Nevada mountains (these go up to 11,400 feet in places), coming from the south you've got Africa and the Mediterranean, so scenically it is an amazing area of Europe to visit even with default scenery. It's the driest region in Europe too, so flying weather is good most of the time. This airport scenery includes 750 sq km of photo terrain @ 4k resolution, airport itself has animated personnel on the ramp, and also includes scenery for the harbour at Almeria, custom autogen for Almeria city, it has 3D lights and all that malarkey too. ILS equipped runway of 10,500 foot length located almost at sea level, so you can fly anything in and out of there. And all that is only 23 quid, which is pretty unbeatable value for an airport which works in P3D V4/V3, or FSX although there are specific versions for each.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

FSDT O'Hare KORD V2 when its released will be best and most advanced addon Airport for Prepar3D V4

• Like 1

Anything with Flytampa or Flightbeam in the title is a good benchmark of high quality.  There are others, but the Academy award goes to them 🏆

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

seems like FSDT, FlyTampa and Flightbeam are the top makers. Great info. 

I didn't mention my favorites in my starter thread but I think FlyTampa EHAM and Flightbeam KSFO HD are two of my favorites. 

Keep the suggestions coming!

1 hour ago, tooting said:

uk2000 Bristol.  just look at the detail and the vibrancy in it.... a true masterpiece. Looking at it makes you want to drink up yer cider.

I almost spat me cider out when I read that.  You have your own unique brand of cynical, scathing wit.

But I do love Gary's work.  

• Like 1

Flightbeam sceneries have the quality of FlyTampa (or better), while having the performance of a default airport. It's amazing how Mir does it...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Flightbeam Flightbeam Flightbeam. They are in another league.

Fly Tampa's KBOS was designed for P3DV4 and is spectacular.  Anything else by Flight Beam or Fly Tampa for major airports. For regional airports, LOWI by Orbx Jarred Marshall or any of the other regional airports he has done.

Greg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Flytampa KBOS for P3DV4 by far IHO. Flightbeam KSFOHD a close second. Taxi2gate KMCO when ported over looks amazing in P3DV4.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Fly Tampa's KBOS was designed for P3DV4 and is spectacular.  Anything else by Flight Beam or Fly Tampa for major airports. For regional airports, LOWI by Orbx Jarred Marshall or any of the other regional airports he has done.

Greg

Personally I can’t agree more with Regards to KBOS and I’m surprised it hasn’t come up earlier in this thread. To me it’s the best addon airport out there currently. The texturing in that airport captures the real thing in a way that I haven’t seen any other addon quite do. I’ve found approaches into KBOS to be incredibly realistic, with the way the runways and taxiways look from a distance.

other than that I completely agree width the others. Flightbeam in my mind really is pretty much the best developer out there currently, closely followed by Flytampa. I also tend to like FSDreamTeam a lot. That trio probably represents the very best in scenery designers at this time and over time I have ended up buying almost all of their sceneries.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I like the new Aerosoft EDDF and the Orbx YMML.

1 minute ago, Bluestar said:

I like the new Aerosoft EDDF and the Orbx YMML.

Good call on Aerosoft's EDDF. The amount of action on display (apron vehicles, cars/lorries on the Autobahn, aircraft movements on all 3 parallel runways) makes it feel like the most 'alive' airport in the sim for me.

Visually, FlyTampa's KBOS is stunning (especially with Aerosoft's US Cities - Boston add-on during the daytime).

Looking forward, finger's crossed that FSDT's KORD is as good as it promises. If it is, I think it’s going to set the new benchmark and force all the top developers to catch-up.

• Like 1

FSDT O'Hare KORD V2, when released. Check Ytube vids.

Bit surprised by people mentioning KBOS -- my understanding was performance was pretty disappointing?

My vote goes to Flightbeam KSFO. As others have said, they're really in a league of their own.

James

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hmuller said:

FSDT O'Hare KORD V2, when released. Check Ytube vids.

When it is released is the key phrase.... All we have now is 2018 and from what I've seen it looks pretty complete.  However, they are so vague with dates it might be another 6 months!

7 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Bit surprised by people mentioning KBOS -- my understanding was performance was pretty disappointing?

To me it appears to be a small, but quite vocal minority who cannot appear to get good performance for whatever reason.
Shame really, as it's my best performing 'top developer' scenery.

It can't get any better than Flightbeam's KSFO coupled with Orbix Nor-Cal.

....Have to give a shout-out to Latin Vr's latest version of KSAN

3 hours ago, Chock said:

I'd say it was the Latinwings/Pilot's recently released Almeria Airport (LEAM). Lots to recommend it in terms of value for money, what is included and what makes it worth flying there...

Geographically, the descent to finals for LEAM from northern departure points takes you close over the snow capped Sierra Nevada mountains (these go up to 11,400 feet in places), coming from the south you've got Africa and the Mediterranean, so scenically it is an amazing area of Europe to visit even with default scenery. It's the driest region in Europe too, so flying weather is good most of the time. This airport scenery includes 750 sq km of photo terrain @ 4k resolution, airport itself has animated personnel on the ramp, and also includes scenery for the harbour at Almeria, custom autogen for Almeria city, it has 3D lights and all that malarkey too. ILS equipped runway of 10,500 foot length located almost at sea level, so you can fly anything in and out of there. And all that is only 23 quid, which is pretty unbeatable value for an airport which works in P3D V4/V3, or FSX although there are specific versions for each.

here man, let me fix that for ya; strike out should read: a sierra nevada

Dude! there's only one Sierra Nevada and it lies in California. Yeah, you might notice it coming in from the east into KSFO -it's the range that tops out at 14,000 ft. and slopes into the worlds most productive agricultural region in the world ....yup, that's Silicon Valley to the left as we turn for shot final into San Francisco.   <----- sorry chock, i couldn't resist. 🙂

• Upvote 1