Sign in to follow this  
avi8tir

What is the highest quality add-on airport for P3D V4?

I have around 25 add on airports so far. Some are better than others, for various reasons. 

What's the best, in your opinion? I am not asking which is your favorite because you fly in there in real life on a regular basis...  but rather which has the highest quality replication of the real thing? Best textures, lighting etc etc. 

Edited by avi8tir

I'd put Flightbeam SFO and MSP up there.  

• Like 6

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

uk2000 Bristol.  just look at the detail and the vibrancy in it.... a true masterpiece. Looking at it makes you want to drink up yer cider..  

1GD12.jpg

Edited by tooting
  • Like 3

14ppkc-6.png

FSDT KCLT and FlightBeam KMSP are close with a slight edge to FB just because they got off COUTI. FSDT KMEM would tie the two I mentioned but FlightBeam has a definite performance advantage. kSFO as well. Heck, I dunno, they're all good. I can't name a best. Latin VFR KMIA is another excellent work as well as their KRDU. Main thing, stick with a reputable developer and more often you'll get a good product.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

I'd say it was the Latinwings/Pilot's recently released Almeria Airport (LEAM). Lots to recommend it in terms of value for money, what is included and what makes it worth flying there...

Geographically, the descent to finals for LEAM from northern departure points takes you close over the snow capped Sierra Nevada mountains (these go up to 11,400 feet in places), coming from the south you've got Africa and the Mediterranean, so scenically it is an amazing area of Europe to visit even with default scenery. It's the driest region in Europe too, so flying weather is good most of the time. This airport scenery includes 750 sq km of photo terrain @ 4k resolution, airport itself has animated personnel on the ramp, and also includes scenery for the harbour at Almeria, custom autogen for Almeria city, it has 3D lights and all that malarkey too. ILS equipped runway of 10,500 foot length located almost at sea level, so you can fly anything in and out of there. And all that is only 23 quid, which is pretty unbeatable value for an airport which works in P3D V4/V3, or FSX although there are specific versions for each.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

FSDT O'Hare KORD V2 when its released will be best and most advanced addon Airport for Prepar3D V4

Anything with Flytampa or Flightbeam in the title is a good benchmark of high quality.  There are others, but the Academy award goes to them 🏆

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

seems like FSDT, FlyTampa and Flightbeam are the top makers. Great info. 

I didn't mention my favorites in my starter thread but I think FlyTampa EHAM and Flightbeam KSFO HD are two of my favorites. 

Keep the suggestions coming!

1 hour ago, tooting said:

uk2000 Bristol.  just look at the detail and the vibrancy in it.... a true masterpiece. Looking at it makes you want to drink up yer cider.

I almost spat me cider out when I read that.  You have your own unique brand of cynical, scathing wit.

But I do love Gary's work.  

• Like 1

Flightbeam sceneries have the quality of FlyTampa (or better), while having the performance of a default airport. It's amazing how Mir does it...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Santiago de Larminat

Flightbeam Flightbeam Flightbeam. They are in another league.

Fly Tampa's KBOS was designed for P3DV4 and is spectacular.  Anything else by Flight Beam or Fly Tampa for major airports. For regional airports, LOWI by Orbx Jarred Marshall or any of the other regional airports he has done.

Greg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Flytampa KBOS for P3DV4 by far IHO. Flightbeam KSFOHD a close second. Taxi2gate KMCO when ported over looks amazing in P3DV4.

• Like 1

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX