Sign in to follow this  
avi8tir

What is the highest quality add-on airport for P3D V4?

5 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Fly Tampa's KBOS was designed for P3DV4 and is spectacular.  Anything else by Flight Beam or Fly Tampa for major airports. For regional airports, LOWI by Orbx Jarred Marshall or any of the other regional airports he has done.

Greg

Personally I can’t agree more with Regards to KBOS and I’m surprised it hasn’t come up earlier in this thread. To me it’s the best addon airport out there currently. The texturing in that airport captures the real thing in a way that I haven’t seen any other addon quite do. I’ve found approaches into KBOS to be incredibly realistic, with the way the runways and taxiways look from a distance.

other than that I completely agree width the others. Flightbeam in my mind really is pretty much the best developer out there currently, closely followed by Flytampa. I also tend to like FSDreamTeam a lot. That trio probably represents the very best in scenery designers at this time and over time I have ended up buying almost all of their sceneries.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I like the new Aerosoft EDDF and the Orbx YMML.

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

1 minute ago, Bluestar said:

I like the new Aerosoft EDDF and the Orbx YMML.

Good call on Aerosoft's EDDF. The amount of action on display (apron vehicles, cars/lorries on the Autobahn, aircraft movements on all 3 parallel runways) makes it feel like the most 'alive' airport in the sim for me.

Visually, FlyTampa's KBOS is stunning (especially with Aerosoft's US Cities - Boston add-on during the daytime).

Looking forward, finger's crossed that FSDT's KORD is as good as it promises. If it is, I think it’s going to set the new benchmark and force all the top developers to catch-up.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Bit surprised by people mentioning KBOS -- my understanding was performance was pretty disappointing?

My vote goes to Flightbeam KSFO. As others have said, they're really in a league of their own.

James

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hmuller said:

FSDT O'Hare KORD V2, when released. Check Ytube vids.

When it is released is the key phrase.... All we have now is 2018 and from what I've seen it looks pretty complete.  However, they are so vague with dates it might be another 6 months!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

7 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Bit surprised by people mentioning KBOS -- my understanding was performance was pretty disappointing?

To me it appears to be a small, but quite vocal minority who cannot appear to get good performance for whatever reason.
Shame really, as it's my best performing 'top developer' scenery.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

It can't get any better than Flightbeam's KSFO coupled with Orbix Nor-Cal.

....Have to give a shout-out to Latin Vr's latest version of KSAN

3 hours ago, Chock said:

I'd say it was the Latinwings/Pilot's recently released Almeria Airport (LEAM). Lots to recommend it in terms of value for money, what is included and what makes it worth flying there...

Geographically, the descent to finals for LEAM from northern departure points takes you close over the snow capped Sierra Nevada mountains (these go up to 11,400 feet in places), coming from the south you've got Africa and the Mediterranean, so scenically it is an amazing area of Europe to visit even with default scenery. It's the driest region in Europe too, so flying weather is good most of the time. This airport scenery includes 750 sq km of photo terrain @ 4k resolution, airport itself has animated personnel on the ramp, and also includes scenery for the harbour at Almeria, custom autogen for Almeria city, it has 3D lights and all that malarkey too. ILS equipped runway of 10,500 foot length located almost at sea level, so you can fly anything in and out of there. And all that is only 23 quid, which is pretty unbeatable value for an airport which works in P3D V4/V3, or FSX although there are specific versions for each.

here man, let me fix that for ya; strike out should read: a sierra nevada

Dude! there's only one Sierra Nevada and it lies in California. Yeah, you might notice it coming in from the east into KSFO -it's the range that tops out at 14,000 ft. and slopes into the worlds most productive agricultural region in the world ....yup, that's Silicon Valley to the left as we turn for shot final into San Francisco.   <----- sorry chock, i couldn't resist. 🙂

• Upvote 1

Flightbeam of course, newer FlyTampa and maybe this...

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127688-k%C3%B6lnbonn-airport-preview/&page=6

Lots of US airports listed, and having each one listed above I have to say that FlyTampa's Amsterdam is likely the highest quality addon and best value for the cost that I've seen!

Sure, ORBX Innsbruck is very nice, but Amsterdam is just in a class of it's own IMHO.

One thing about Amsterdam... it's a bloody huge airport and yet the frames are terrific there even with everything in the scenery turned on and maxed out.  This is a very good indicator that Fly Tampa's Atlanta is going to be a winner.  As you may know, the larger the airport the more frame rate issues are likely, and Fly Tampa has shown us that they can do it.

Bringing things home to my continent (the US), I'm a little surprised that nobody mentioned SunSkyJet Philadelphia (KPHL).  I've flown in/out of Philly so many times that's it's not funny, and worked on this project with SSJ.  The fidelity of the scenery is OFF THE CHARTS!  We'll have working jetways as soon as FSDT's GSX Version 2 is out as well!  If you haven't seen that they've done with GSX, head over to their website. Our booth (FS Reborn) was next to the FSDT booth at the Flight Sim Expo so I was able to spend a lot of time with Umberto... and GSX V2... amazing stuff!

Speaking of SunSkyJet, I'm fairly sure their long anticipated Detroit Airport scenery will be released later this year.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, FunknNasty said:

here man, let me fix that for ya; strike out should read: a sierra nevada

Dude! there's only one Sierra Nevada and it lies in California. Yeah, you might notice it coming in from the east into KSFO -it's the range that tops out at 14,000 ft. and slopes into the worlds most productive agricultural region in the world ....yup, that's Silicon Valley to the left as we turn for shot final into San Francisco.   <----- sorry chock, i couldn't resist. 🙂

Well since we're fixing stuff, allow me,..

Sierra Nevada is a Spanish colloquialism which means 'Jagged Snowy Mountain', identifying the Californian mountain range as a Sierra Nevada, was done by the Spanish Explorer Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo, he being the first European to navigate the West Coast of North America. When doing so, he described the mountains in the distance which he saw whilst sailing along the coast as being 'jagged like a saw and covered in snow'. He did so by using the Spanish word for 'saw' which is sierra, combined with the Spanish word for snowy, nevado.

So any jagged snow covered mountain can be referred to as a Sierra Nevada if you are speaking Spanish, which Cabrillo was of course, he being from Spain, thus it's a pretty safe bet that since a Spanish Explorer would have seen Spain before he saw the West Coast of America,  the mountain range in Southern Spain is the one which had that name first, since there are areas of California which were not fully explored or mapped until as recently as 1912, the Sierra Nevada being one of those.

Loads of US place names are derived from names given to them by European settlers and explorers, that's why there's a Boston in the US, and a Washington, and a Birmingham and a Manchester and a New York and a Paris etc, etc.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hello al,

I have devoted the next three weeks to read all the flowing and glowing mentions of the wonderful array of Australian Airports mentioned in this topic. The love given to this continent by all developers is truly outstanding.

Please regard this response as a little bit of tongue in cheek and bear in mind that I am a very very very slow reader.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Flightbeam, FlyTampa, PacSim, DD  and for small airports, Godzone, Turbulent Designs, UK2000 and Digital Design.

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.