Sign in to follow this  
avi8tir

What is the highest quality add-on airport for P3D V4?

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

I can't get it to work at night.....the lights are pure white and washed out.

Sorry I haven’t flown in there at night but it should work according to the email response I got from them when v4 first came out. Try emailing them and see what they say.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

2 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Anyone have PacSim KSLC? If so what do ya think?

I think this scenery is vastly underrated. Granted, I've only flown in once so far, but it was beautiful! I love that PacSim includes so much of the surroundings. Default ATC wanted me to descend from 9000 down to land in an impossibly short distance, so I couldn't do but go around. ATC directed me over the mountains at a fairly low altitude. Mixed in with ASP's weather, generating low clouds and gusty winds, this was an unforgettable approach.

I can highly recommend PacSim KSLC! This scenery and FSDT KLAS (soon FT KLAS, hopefully) are my two bases in the west of the US, wherein KSLC functions as my western US Delta and Boeing 717 hub.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

All of the above  and also FTX Germany South with Aerosoft EDDF, PacSim RPLL as well.

Taxi2gate EDDM

Thanks

Michael moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

What are you guys think about Drzewiecki products, especially his latest release of KSEA City and airports?

I have T2G KSEA and love it, is Drzewiecki an upgrade (taking into account the other airports in that package) or ...

I'm a big fan of his work.  Especially the Seattle airports and city and NYC

I think we have not seen the best yet for V4 most are old scenery's patched, until they make full use of the V4 SDK then we will see something that will set them apart. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Agree for mostly of US terrains mentioned above... sure in 2018 we have a lot of fantastic and very high quality airports.

Agree with EHAM as first choice in Europe. (Don't know yet about LEAM)

Thx to Chock to inform me on PILOT'S - LEAM - Almeria airport... Will see it 😉

And AG airports ?...

I want to give a special mention for a little AG airport: CZST Stewart Airport. For me, have a lot of very detailed surfaces to give us a profond sense of reality and ambiance. Was completely stunned by this realisation.

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

I think we have not seen the best yet for V4 most are old scenery's patched, until they make full use of the V4 SDK then we will see something that will set them apart. 

Essentially true Ray, however even after they make full use of the PDK, we will be able to say "we have not see the best yet".

The question stated "What is?" not "what may be later? :senang: 

FlyTampa's YSSY.

As someone who uses that airport a lot in real life, it is incredible how much of the detail in and around the airport they have captured. It REALLY feels like being there.

I also really like some of ORBX's smaller airports/airfields and

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2018 at 5:39 AM, ErichB said:

I'm a big fan of his work.  Especially the Seattle airports and city and NYC

Couldn't agree more. With that scenery loaded landing into KSEA is finally a smooth experience for me!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:57 PM, Chock said:

Well since we're fixing stuff, allow me,..

Sierra Nevada is a Spanish colloquialism which means 'Jagged Snowy Mountain', identifying the Californian mountain range as a Sierra Nevada, was done by the Spanish Explorer Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo, he being the first European to navigate the West Coast of North America. When doing so, he described the mountains in the distance which he saw whilst sailing along the coast as being 'jagged like a saw and covered in snow'. He did so by using the Spanish word for 'saw' which is sierra, combined with the Spanish word for snowy, nevado.

So any jagged snow covered mountain can be referred to as a Sierra Nevada if you are speaking Spanish, which Cabrillo was of course, he being from Spain, thus it's a pretty safe bet that since a Spanish Explorer would have seen Spain before he saw the West Coast of America,  the mountain range in Southern Spain is the one which had that name first, since there are areas of California which were not fully explored or mapped until as recently as 1912, the Sierra Nevada being one of those.

Loads of US place names are derived from names given to them by European settlers and explorers, that's why there's a Boston in the US, and a Washington, and a Birmingham and a Manchester and a New York and a Paris etc, etc.

Chock,

Allow me to make a small correction to your ...correction...Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo was Portuguese, not Spanish  - is name is actually João Rodrigues Cabrilho (born in 1499). 

He was a maritime navigator, known for exploring the West Coast of North America on behalf of the Spanish Empire.

...and my vote goes to FyTampa Boston....

Edited by ega

Edmundo Azevedo

I agree with airports mentioned, but must also give the developer of Godzone airport sceneries a plug. His airports ( although small ) are a work of art. His Nelson, Dunedin and up coming Christchurch Intl airports are beautifully rendered.

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

In terms of anticipation, cant wait for FlightBeam to release Wellington

Hopefully Auckland will continue with FB as with Godzone working on Christchurch will finally cover the major Airports in New Zealand

• Upvote 1