Sign in to follow this  
avi8tir

What is the highest quality add-on airport for P3D V4?

LOWI !!  When  I have someone over to show off my flightsims I fire up LOWI at dusk and watch their expression,, priceless 🙂

• Like 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

There's sim-wings (sold as aerosoft) as well as 29palms and Justsim. The scenery are great quality and the balearic islands run butterish on my old system. Not only the big ones can do excellent quality. Of course we can quote EGLL, EVRA, LEBL and EDDS. Which are all very good looking.

My favourite: by far T2G LFPG. For the price you get an incredibly realistic (still with some strong ground bugs if using FTX vector,but disabling effects does the trick)airport with SODE, nice fps seen the size of the airport as well as tons of gates. Ahh, wish someone did LFPO this detailed and well-performer.

Another one from me: I've recently become rather enamored with Jetstreamdesign's sceneries. I go their Little Rock scenery a while ago and thought it as very nicely done. More recently, when they had a sale, got their Milan Linate as well as Marseille, both of which are very nice. Of the three I'd say Marseille is perhaps the lesser, because the photoreal imagery included stands out a lot with the rest of the surrounding scenery. The modeling, however, is very good though! Still, I think Little Rock is my favorite...

• Like 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

FSDG Paro Bhutan (VQPR) is my favorite airport. Sure SFO and MSP look nice.... but they don't offer the endless challenges that landing at Paro offer. Plus, they redid the entire valley which makes this approach the best in all of flight sim (IMO)

• Like 2

On 7/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, Benjamin J said:

Another one from me: I've recently become rather enamored with Jetstreamdesign's sceneries. I go their Little Rock scenery a while ago and thought it as very nicely done. More recently, when they had a sale, got their Milan Linate as well as Marseille, both of which are very nice. Of the three I'd say Marseille is perhaps the lesser, because the photoreal imagery included stands out a lot with the rest of the surrounding scenery. The modeling, however, is very good though! Still, I think Little Rock is my favorite...

Their LFRS Nantes is very good as well. Bit annoyed as I just missed their 25% discount on Sim Market and would have liked Marseille...! 

On 6/14/2018 at 4:20 PM, ms2 said:

Agree for mostly of US terrains mentioned above... sure in 2018 we have a lot of fantastic and very high quality airports.

Agree with EHAM as first choice in Europe. (Don't know yet about LEAM)

Thx to Chock to inform me on PILOT'S - LEAM - Almeria airport... Will see it 😉

And AG airports ?...

I want to give a special mention for a little AG airport: CZST Stewart Airport. For me, have a lot of very detailed surfaces to give us a profond sense of reality and ambiance. Was completely stunned by this realisation.

CZST Stewart Airport of ORBX or Aerosoft?

4 hours ago, ToniVicente said:

CZST Stewart Airport of ORBX or Aerosoft?

Hi,

Version of or X

Well my two cents....I have many of the airports listed here, no doubt FT KBOS is pretty cool, but being an old-timer, and as someone who has lived in Chicago for some time now, the ability to re-insert Meigs Field into the simulator is a dream come true.  For those not old enough to remember, it was the default starting point for PC based simulations going all the way back to the Commodore-64 w/ SubLogic II and the Apple II before that.  That program, on the C-64, was running on a 1 MHZ 8-bit 6502 CPU w/ 64K of RAM.  I like having the airport back as it's nothing but weeds now and a ridiculous winding "walking path park" now.  I suspect the airport's demise has discouraged many executives from flying in to Chicago in business jets because now you have to fly into Midway or O'Hare and sit in traffic for 1 hour trying to get into the loop.  Probably makes them wonder why they bothered with a business jet just to sit in traffic for an hour each way.  Meigs Field was so close to downtown you could walk right over to the loop (on a nice day).

Now, you throw in Fly Tampa's Midway (very well done), and the close proximity of O'Hare and DuPage airports, you can setup a nice little circuit and practice take offs and landings all day long.  I will buy FS DreamTeam's O'Hare when released and then I'll have a nice little set of 3 strong payware airports to practice my landing and take-off skills.  Someone just needs to offer a DuPage add-on and I'll be in heaven.

Kind of hoping ORBX will do a few of the Hawaii Airports too, as flying up and down the Island Chain is a blast.

Mark

Blimey, when you think about it, there are dozens! I mean, FlyTampa's Montreal, Boston, FSDT's Vancouver would be in my top set, then of course Orbx's Innsbruck is gorgeous, as has already been pointed out. Some of UK2000's airports are extremely good, with lots of atmosphere, but in my book, fall a little short on poor texturing of buildings, but the upside is, they are great value and perform very well. Actually, I think my fave would be Aerosoft's (Sim-Wings) Barcelona (LEBL) which is stunning, absolutely awesome, and has an enormous surrounding photoreal area that gives you a wonderful approach from the north.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Innsbruck by ORBX should be the most breathtaking scenery i've seen. Along with most products from FlyTampa, but LOWI is just way up there.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

27 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Blimey, when you think about it, there are dozens! I mean, FSDT's Montreal, Boston, Vancouver would be in my top set, then of course Orbx's Innsbruck is gorgeous, as has already been pointed out. Some of UK2000's airports are extremely good, with lots of atmosphere, but in my book, fall a little short on poor texturing of buildings, but the upside is, they are great value and perform very well. Actually, I think my fave would be Aerosoft's (Sim-Wings) Barcelona (LEBL) which is stunning, absolutely awesome, and has an enormous surrounding photoreal area that gives you a wonderful approach from the north.

You mean FlyTampa Montreal & Boston.

FSDT CYVR.

There are so many awesome airport creations and most have been mentioned. I think LEAM & Valencia are OUTSTANDING!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

You mean FlyTampa Montreal & Boston.

FSDT CYVR.

There are so many awesome airport creations and most have been mentioned. I think LEAM & Valencia are OUTSTANDING!

Yes Jose...typo, probably to do with the two glasses of sherry while putting up the Christmas tree 😄

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

On 6/13/2018 at 5:44 PM, FunknNasty said:

here man, let me fix that for ya; strike out should read: a sierra nevada

Dude! there's only one Sierra Nevada and it lies in California. Yeah, you might notice it coming in from the east into KSFO -it's the range that tops out at 14,000 ft. and slopes into the worlds most productive agricultural region in the world ....yup, that's Silicon Valley to the left as we turn for shot final into San Francisco.   <----- sorry chock, i couldn't resist. 🙂

Not to get all technical on you, but California doesn't have the only Sierra Nevada, there's a Sierra Nevada range in Spain for sure, and I believe there is also one somewhere in South America, though I can't recall what country it's in. Oh yeah, and silicon isn't an "agricultural" product..lol  <------ Sorry man, I couldn't resist 😁

Anyway, to get back on topic... there really isn't any one or two "best" add on airports, at least not in my stable. I agree with several of the other guys, Flightbeam is among the best, I currently have KIAD, KPHX, KDEN, and KMSP, and will probably add KSFO in the near future. I also have various and sundry add on airports from UK2000, FlyTampa, LatinVFR, and Imaginesim to name a few. I tried one or two of the FSDT offerings but don't care for them as much as products from other developers.

Surprisingly, there is some pretty good freeware airport scenery out there for P3D v4.x, and you can find a nice assortment of those here... http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/whatsnew.html

• Like 1

Now it has actually gone on sale, EDDK Cologne-Bonn (from Aerosoft) is certainly a contender for being one of the best you can get.

It runs great, has stunning detail and animations, and as with the other recommendation I made on this thread for LEAM Almeria scenery (from Pilots) which even Lockheed Martin acknowledged as being amazing, Aerosoft's EDDK also includes the surrounding town area scenery as phototerrain with custom 3D scenery on top of it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 minutes ago, Chock said:

Now it has actually gone on sale, EDDK Cologne-Bonn 

? I don't see any sale for the airport over at Aerosoft Alan...

Howard