Sign in to follow this  
avi8tir

What is the highest quality add-on airport for P3D V4?

8 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

? I don't see any sale for the airport over at Aerosoft Alan...

I see it on sale, but it's the FSX version. The "pro" version for P3D seems to be the regular price of $29.99

5 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

I see it on sale, but it's the FSX version. The "pro" version for P3D seems to be the regular price of $29.99

Ah, I see. OK, thanks.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

33 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

? I don't see any sale for the airport over at Aerosoft Alan...

I was referring to the fact that it's gone on sale as in 'it has now be released and is on sale', not that it is in a sale as in 'has a price reduction'. 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

IMO, it really depends on how you measure 'quality'. 

If you're talking most complex versus performance - then FlightBeam KSFO or FlyTampa EHAM is probably no. 1 in my opinion. 

If it's the most beautiful, detailed design and meticulous attention to even minute things, then I guess ORBX LOWI or perhaps Turbulent Design KMBS (<-- that airport is incredibly detailed!).

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

55 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

IMO, it really depends on how you measure 'quality'. 

...... Turbulent Design KMBS (<-- that airport is incredibly detailed!).

Man you are right, that is amazing looking..!!

I wonder how their Terra Flora add on compares to ORBX HD Trees, and what if any impact it has on performance...??

As a RW pilot I couldn't care less for things like vending machines in the terminal etc. The most important part for me is simply the runway and its environment. 

The best for many years was Flightzon01s Rhode Island scenery, designed by a pilot for pilots.

Fuzzy centerlines or runway numbers are a no-go and after a long search I've finally settled with the superb orbx triple pack, ESSV, ESSD & ESNQ. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

As a RW pilot I couldn't care less for things like vending machines in the terminal etc. The most important part for me is simply the runway and its environment. 

The best for many years was Flightzon01s Rhode Island scenery, designed by a pilot for pilots.

Fuzzy centerlines or runway numbers are a no-go and after a long search I've finally settled with the superb orbx triple pack, ESSV, ESSD & ESNQ. 

Hi Folks,

Now there’s a flash from the past - when Vauchez released his FlightZone scenery - he was so far ahead of his time - picked Charlie’s when everyone else was focused on Bravo’s - included a wide area of custom ground textures/autogen - and modeled a couple of the surrounding GA Airports - man - I was such a fan of that company... What a loss to the community when he faded into oblivion...

Yeah - concur - think we get a bit excessive with modeling the interior’s of airports today - honestly - I don’t think I’ve ever taken the time to investigate the fine modeling on the interior of a building...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Fuzzy centerlines or runway numbers are a no-go....

I would add misaligned runway markings and lighting to that list. I absolutely hate runway centreline (or other) markings that do not line up properly with each other. It drives me crazy.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Chock said:

I was referring to the fact that it's gone on sale as in 'it has now be released and is on sale', not that it is in a sale as in 'has a price reduction'. 🙂

Ahhh, OK I see 😊

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

ORBX PAJN. Having flown real aircraft in and out of it over the years they did an absolutely outstanding job of modeling "the cut" which the approach to 8 it is known by locally. Landing on runway 8 in typical Juneau weather is about as real as it gets. And having lived on the side of the hill across from downtown Juneau for over 30 years they did an outstanding job of modeling the local terrain. Buildings are "so-so" away from the airport, but not too bad. Flying up to the face of the Mendenhall Glacier is extremely accurate. I might be biased...

Cheers,

Bob

Hello all,

Well, here we are, a turbulent 6 months after the OPs original post, and with so many new airport releases in 2018. We as a community have indeed been blessed and I think it can only get better from here.

However, can anyone guess how many of these new sceneries I have invested in?  All of them were NOT ORBX and all of them were NOT Fly Tampa YSSY. and all of them came to fruition after 2014. 

Hey, you are right. None, Zip, Stuff all, Nothing, and all because I fly in Australia, a nation gifted with so many developers clamoring to make our airports and to distribute them widely. Unfortunately, all the retailers of these magnificent airport sceneries are marketing underground in the black markets around the world, and again unfortunately, they are so far underground that even the oil drillers can't get to them.

Very sad really but a marketing reality I guess, with relatively few simmers wanting to visit or fly here and that probably includes Aussie simmers. 

I do have though, high hopes of ORBX releasing YPPH before my yet unborn grandchildren die of old age. I do not think I will live to see it though. Again, a not really tasty reality.

So I wish you all well and look on with personal dismay and envy for the world you are all flying in.

Heeeey, I think I just lost 20 kilos getting that off my chest LOL

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

52 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Heeeey, I think I just lost 20 kilos getting that off my chest LOL

LOL good on ya Tony.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I just purchased Orbx Innsbruck and I have to say I am absolutely stunned, not just by the authenticity of this scenery (especially at night) but the fact that my extremely modest system (i2700k and GTX 1050i with only 8 gigs RAM and 4 gigs GPU) would I assume have crashed let alone not coped. Not only did it not object, but I had scenery and building autogen on dense, normal detail on trees, a full compliment of AI aircraft filling every stand, HDR and permanent "rabbit" lights on. In the default FSX 737-800 (in Pd3v4) I was surprised to see a steady 45 fps and 55 fps in the default C172. No doubt addon aircraft will not fare so well but all the same, it just shows how 3.5 gigs of scenery can be optimised.

The lighting, even without DL enabled, is very convincing indeed and not garish or overdone. The buses going to and fro are extremely well done, as are the 3d lights and other details. This is by far the best European scenery I have experienced. I also have Corfu and this too runs amazingly well. It just shows that modest systems can cope as long as you don't push things too far. This by the way is also with 4xMSAA and 4x Sparse Grid. I just don't know how such a low spec system can produce such decent performance, and I can only look forward to even more detail when I eventually upgrade as the January sales kick in.

Edited by robert young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

31 minutes ago, robert young said:

I just purchased Orbx Innsbruck and I have to say I am absolutely stunned, not just by the authenticity of this scenery (especially at night) but the fact that my extremely modest system (i2700k and GTX 1050i with only 8 gigs RAM and 4 gigs GPU) would I assume have crashed let alone not coped. Not only did it not object, but I had scenery and building autogen on dense, normal detail on trees, a full compliment of AI aircraft filling every stand, HDR and permanent "rabbit" lights on. In the default FSX 737-800 (in Pd3v4) I was surprised to see a steady 45 fps and 55 fps in the default C172. No doubt addon aircraft will not fare so well but all the same, it just shows how 3.5 gigs of scenery can be optimised.

The lighting, even without DL enabled, is very convincing indeed and not garish or overdone. The buses going to and fro are extremely well done, as are the 3d lights and other details. This is by far the best European scenery I have experienced. I also have Corfu and this too runs amazingly well. It just shows that modest systems can cope as long as you don't push things too far. This by the way is also with 4xMSAA and 4x Sparse Grid. I just don't know how such a low spec system can produce such decent performance, and I can only look forward to even more detail when I eventually upgrade as the January sales kick in.

Joe Erlands EDDK would blow you away Robert. A work of art.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.