Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

747-8 Officially in Beta Yet?

Hi Guys,

I am super excited for the 747-8 expansion and for GFO (that's another forum post) both game changers! I noticed Robert mentioned at the Expo and on the recent XPLANE post that the P3D/FSX version of the 747-8 was in Beta, is this the case officially? Normally there is an official forum post about it.

Thanks

Duncan Odgers

2 minutes ago, duncanodgers said:

Hi Guys,

I am super excited for the 747-8 expansion and for GFO (that's another forum post) both game changers! I noticed Robert mentioned at the Expo and on the recent XPLANE post that the P3D/FSX version of the 747-8 was in Beta, is this the case officially? Normally there is an official forum post about it.

Thanks

Duncan Odgers

Yes, Robert mentioned in another topic.

He announced that 748 beta was planned to start last Monday...., but Robert is the only one at PMDG that ever makes predictions and he is always wrong.  He has indicated he wants to kick off in a manner of days, not weeks, so I advise no one presume anything until PMDG announces it here.

55 minutes ago, squerble said:

Yes, Robert mentioned in another topic.

Not sure if the mention was an intention, or what you read and you didn't provide a reference.  All I can say is that it may be soon.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

He announced that 748 beta was planned to start last Monday...., but Robert is the only one at PMDG that ever makes predictions and he is always wrong.  He has indicated he wants to kick off in a manner of days, not weeks, so I advise no one presume anything until PMDG announces it here.

Not sure if the mention was an intention, or what you read and you didn't provide a reference.  All I can say is that it may be soon.

He said this, and given he'd said over the weekend that the beta was starting on Monday, I presumed this was just his way of phrasing that it had started.

16 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

With the PMDG 747-8 (FSX/P3D) entering beta testing,

27 minutes ago, squerble said:

I presumed this was just his way of phrasing that it had started.

Understand; however, there will be a pinned topic announcing the start of beta most likely if things proceed as they have for the past.  Easy to presume things but not always correct.

Dan Downs KCRP

He did say Monday, I was there, BUT, he did not say which Monday?

Jerry Friz

I am so very ready for this one. I have been spending a bit of time with the -400 lately and I am really starting to see just how well this one has been done. That 400 and a 320 by a developer who won’t be mentioned are the closest I have felt to actually being in the cockpit. So many great new features to play with. It’s heaven for a systems guy like me. 

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Since another developer releasing a product soon TM is waiting on P3D V4.3 to be released before testing, it's probably safe to say that PMDG  are doing something similar. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020