Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

Aircraft Initialization failure. Aircreation 582SL red

I am running FSX SE with Wind 10 64 bit.  In Dec 2017 I received a new Jetline Systems PC with P3d4 installed.  I got so frustrated with not being able to enter most of my FSX programs, like Radar Contact, I installed FSX SE and all-in-all I have been quite pleased with it.  This morning I entered cross country weather into AS2016 and as usual right clicked to open FSX SE with Admin rights.  It opened to the initial screen as usual, but when I clicked on Free Flight, I got a window reflecting Aircraft Initialization Failure Aircreation 582SL.  When I clicked on Select Aircraft, all I could get were rotor craft even though All Aircraft was selected.  I got all kinds of findings  after running a Google search, most of which I was afraid to follow.  Here is what I have determined.  FSX is installed an a my D drive which is dedicated to Steam.  When I open the FSX file and go to Sim objects, I have no Airplane folder!  If I go to my C drive, and go down to users and go to Microsoft/FSX and on to sim objects I have the normal Airplanes folder with all aircraft displayed as normal.  I was thinking of just putting a copy of my Aircraft folder into my FSX Sim objects folder or just doing a complete FSX uninstall and reinstalling FSX SE.  Any insight into this is appreciated.  I haven't a clue how it happened.  Mike Nicholson

So, you changed the default flight?  When you start up FSX with anything other than the Trike, then you will get an aircraft initialization failure.

Rename the FSX.cfg to FSX.cfg.off and restart or open FSX.cfg with notepad and scroll down to [USERINTERFACE] and make sure the following line is shown:

SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM

You saved a flight and got rid of the default and when FSX loads to the setup screen, it starts up by loading your new default flight which was probably one aircraft so why you see only one aircraft.

You also need to make sure under [SIM] in your FSX.cfg the following line is shown:

SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1

If not change it.

You will want to go into C:\Documents\MyFlightSimulatorXFiles and delete any default files.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10