Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Looking forward to this movie

With regard to all of that 'fake moon landing' nonsense. It's fodder for fools, largely based on the repetition of things which simply are not true, coupled with the twisting of half the facts to suit a bogus context. This is fueled of course by the desire to make money off youtube monetisation hits and from selling 'conspiracy' books to gullible people who want to believe they are 'special' in supposedly 'not having been fooled by the man'. It's flattering to idiots to think they are somehow in on some secret which others don't know about, a modern take on PT Barnum if you will.

Every single one of the claims of 'proof' that the Moon landings were faked has been thoroughly shown to be nonsense and many of the claims of things such as 'the telemetry data having been lost' or 'the radiation in the Van Allen Belt being some impassible deadly barrier' are absolutely not true at all, they just get repeated by conspiritards so often that idiots start to believe it. If these lazy, gullible people could actually be bothered to do some proper research, from original sources and reputable scientific data, rather than from watching a few nefarious agenda-driven youtube videos and treating those as a source of irrefutable evidence, they would know this to be the case. These are the same people who think airliners are spraying chemtrails, no wonder we're in trouble when people like that are allowed to vote in elections etc.

Shame they don't watch this one on youtube...

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

46 minutes ago, tooting said:

How come that chinease moon rover hasnt got proper pics of the landing sites. Ill tell you why. If the chinease had  absolute proof that flag isn't on the moon, that would be the biggest piece of intelligence the security services ever had, ever. Youd keep that to yourself. That's a royal flush hand you can play whenever you wanted to topple any US administration you ever wanted to. 

It couldn't be because the surface area of the moon is greater than that of any country on earth, combined with the Chinese rover having limited range and its landing site not being close enough to the Apollo 11 site?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chock said:

no wonder we're in trouble when people like that are allowed to vote in elections etc.

I find it ironic that when someone suggests denying the right of vote to some category of people, they always include themselves between those that should retain the right to vote. 😏

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

By the way, there is also a good Russian movie about the first space walk. Like Apollo 13, it's low on propaganda and high on the humanity of the ordinary guys who did extraordinary things.

Capsule Cosmonaut: "Begin the spacewalk"

Space-walker Cosmonaut: (Silently looks down at the Earth)

Capsule Cosmonaut: "Begin the spacewalk"

Space-walker Cosmonaut: "Give me a minute..."

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Murmur said:

I find it ironic that when someone suggests denying the right of vote to some category of people, they always include themselves between those that should retain the right to vote. 😏

It wasn't a suggestion, it was an observation. Although come to think of it, you might be onto something there lol

Alan Bradbury

Incidentally, if you never seen this video, it's well worth a look. It is a very compelling analysis of (and one most people don't tend to think about) why those Moon landings could not have been faked. Check it out...

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

16 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Looking through the cast on IMDb I don’t see any mention of Gene Krantz. Given he was the flight director how could his character not feature? 🙄

Gene Kranz was only one of four Flight Directors during the Apollo program, leading four different teams for an around the clock control of the spacecrafts, systems and mission, and for each mission. He got a lot of credit in the Apollo 13 movie, but it was mainly to represent all those Flight Control teams. The other one showing in Apollo 13 is Glynn Lunney, albeit no mention of his name in it. All those guys in that room were geniuses in their own merit.

There's only so much you can put in a movie, so you have to summarize a lot of the stuff.

I'm really looking forward to this movie, hopefully they won't rush through the early years of X-15 and Edwards experimental flight test program, and Gemini program. But then again, all these programs were team efforts.

• Like 1

Santiago de Larminat

I stopped trying to explain things to moonhoaxtards years ago.

They won't come around even if you put them right besides the Eagle landing stage module on the moon. They have their minds made up already.

Santiago de Larminat

Of course everyone knows that the original moon landing was filmed by Stanley Kubrick for NASA, No one has really been to the moon

Apollo 13 was filmed by Garry Marshall, he decided to take things in a different, more dramatic direction, this is the reason why years later Ron Howard directed the film Apollo 13 due to their friendship so Ron wanted to cover Garry's story as well.

And of course Steven Spielberg filmed Apollo 17, the famous Golf Shot was Steven's idea to try and boost ratings a wee bit as they were slumping, with the money he got from that production he was able to film the movie Jaws, and this is the reason why he is the Executive Producer of First Man and why it is released by DreamWorks due to his invested interests as well

I am joking of course 😄

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

2 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

Of course everyone knows that the original moon landing was filmed by Stanley Kubrick for NASA, No one has really been to the moon

Apollo 13 was filmed by Garry Marshall, he decided to take things in a different, more dramatic direction, this is the reason why years later Ron Howard directed the film Apollo 13 due to their friendship so Ron wanted to cover Garry's story as well.

And of course Steven Spielberg filmed Apollo 17, the famous Golf Shot was Steven's idea to try and boost ratings a wee bit as they were slumping, with the money he got from that production he was able to film the movie Jaws, and this is the reason why he is the Executive Producer of First Man and why it is released by DreamWorks due to his invested interests as well

I am joking of course 😄

You got it all right, except for that the golf shot was made by actor Alan Shepard in 14 and it was directed by Michael Bay (you can see he used that scene again in Armaggedon with Bruce Willis).

• Like 1

Santiago de Larminat

Well, after looking forward to this move since June, I finally went and saw it tonight.

It was not even close to being as good as I hoped it would be and glad I didn’t spend the extra $20 to see the Imax version.

For space/aviation movies I still rank The Right Stuff #1 and Apollo 13 as #2. I liked The Right Stuff because it included some test flight stuff.

First Man seemed really slow at times and just seemed to be rather boring. Watching real footage and documentaries on the subject are far more entertaining imho.

Not sure what kind of reviews it’s gotten but when I saw it Friday night at 9:45, there were only 8 other people in the theater to watch it.

If you’re thinking of seeing it, I’d say to save the $30-$40 dollars, use that to buy a new addon for your sim and rent it on Amazon/Netflix when it’s available.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

26 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Well, after looking forward to this move since June, I finally went and saw it tonight.

It was not even close to being as good as I hoped it would be and glad I didn’t spend the extra $20 to see the Imax version.

For space/aviation movies I still rank The Right Stuff #1 and Apollo 13 as #2. I liked The Right Stuff because it included some test flight stuff.

First Man seemed really slow at times and just seemed to be rather boring. Watching real footage and documentaries on the subject are far more entertaining imho.

Not sure what kind of reviews it’s gotten but when I saw it Friday night at 9:45, there were only 8 other people in the theater to watch it.

If you’re thinking of seeing it, I’d say to save the $30-$40 dollars, use that to buy a new addon for your sim and rent it on Amazon/Netflix when it’s available.

The Right Stuff stands tall with me as the best aviation movie I had ever seen when it came out, and space movie.  I saw it with my oldest brother when we were both adults and we really bonded over that movie, my oldest brother was my biggest cheerleader in life, I miss him so but smile when I think of us watching the Right Stuff together, especially the way the Paparazzi was portrayed in that movie, as well as Lyndon Johnson.

I wish a movie could be made about Yuri Gagarin, who went first, a brave man and a pioneer for a spacefaring world.  His contribution got us to the Moon, the Russians were great motivators for us and their interest in space has helped give us the GPS's, cell phones etc that we enjoy today along with the US and other spacefaring countries.  And the ISS still soars above us in international cooperation in Space, who could have dreamed the US and Russia would be spacefaring partners but it is for the better.

I was in the womb before man went into space, and born as the US went into space, so spacefaring has been almost my whole life and imagination.

John

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

@tooting, I really can't believe you think there could be any doubt whatsoever about the moon landings. I'm staggered. :sad:

iam  staggered  as  well  that  there  are people  that  don't  believe

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

48 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

iam  staggered  as  well  that  there  are people  that  don't  believe

A lot of this came from the movie Capricorn One, which is a movie I love, just because of its ending.  Saw it with my Dad when it was released, we thought it was great and humorous.  There are people who still think the world is flat, who think the world was created in seven days, who think all the animals we have today came out of Noah's Ark only 6000 or so years ago....evolution at an amazing pace considering all the species we have on earth.  There are folks who think dinosaur fossils and the Grand Canyon are God's joke, created to fool us into thinking the earth is billions of years old.  Despite that I believe in a Higher Power, call me a New Age thinker, lol.  That is what we all are when we look into space and into the skies and hope to go further.

John

But I'm sure they made it through the van Allen belts in a huge firework based tincan, and then conviently lost all the telemeric data shortly afterwards

The Apollo missions passed through the Van Allen belts relatively quickly, so the total radiation dosage received by the astronauts was relatively low. It's also worth noting that the descent of the Apollo 11 lander (Eagle) to the surface of the Moon was tracked by the Jodrell Bank radio telescope!

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png