Sign in to follow this  
newtie

[Answered] AiLights in JustFlight TrafficGlobal work OK?

10 minutes ago, newtie said:

Yes, I'm hoping? 😀

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

It should as soon as the Traffic Global developers actually add the lighting configuration to this product, so far none of the TrafficGlobal AI models have any lighting configuration available inside the Aircraft config files or attached to their compiled models.

Currently even without my freeware these models are not showing any navigation, taxi or landing lights at night, this has been confirmed already by several of my customers who reverted back to UTL in the meantime, remember traffic global is still an early release product.

All the best,
Simbol

The problem with TG is that the aircraft folder is in the TG folder and are not installed in the main sim objects folder, and will not use the sim affects folder, I have however found a way round this but needs each aircraft config to be edited and I installed the default aircraft config lights copy and paste, then the JFAI-ALLAircraft added the light config then copy and past to the P3Dv4.3 simobjects MISC folder, and they worked in a fashion and can be see at just under 10mls.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

18 hours ago, rjfry said:

The problem with TG is that the aircraft folder is in the TG folder and are not installed in the main sim objects folder, and will not use the sim affects folder, I have however found a way round this but needs each aircraft config to be edited and I installed the default aircraft config lights copy and paste, then the JFAI-ALLAircraft added the light config then copy and past to the P3Dv4.3 simobjects MISC folder, and they worked in a fashion and can be see at just under 10mls.

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for stopping by our forums and give your feedback.

Basically what you are doing is installing the missing light information / configuration inside the aircraft.cfg for each AI Model yourself, unfortunately if I understood your procedure correctly you are just using the same configuration for all the AI Models (Copy / Paste), if this is the case this will give you issues with navigation lights, beacons and strobes located in the wrong position for the majority of the models.

I am sure you know this but I will write it anyway so others users understand the position, each aircraft base model needs the correct location of the lighting information as they are different aircraft, an Airbus A380 will have the strobes located further away from the centre fo the aircraft in comparison with a Boeing 737-800 for example, only the original developer of these models can determine quickly where they are, otherwise you must try by trial and error to position these lights, this requires restarting P3D each time a modify to the lighting configuration has been made in order to confirm it was done correctly, this of course can be very time consuming specially with AI traffic since they will be shown by the simulator on different times and schedules.

The true is that Traffic Global should provide end users with all the configuration by the time the installation is finished, you guys should not spend any time whatsoever trying to correct their missing AI Lighting configuration as this is the job of TG developers, so until such time I will continue to classify this product as unsupported since it is not following the required procedures instructed by Lockheed Martin inside their SDK documentation in terms of Simobjects lighting and configuration.

All the best,

Simbol

you are correct Simbol what i did was to use the light config from some FSX models I still have in my backup drive, even though I do not have FSX on my PC any more the default 747 and the 737 and the a320 from P3Dv4 it was just a work round to see if they work, and no it`s not a solution as when TG is updated the aircraft folder will be deleted and updated, and as you say until it gets to final build then a more permeant solution will be found, and you are right in saying they do not line up with correct parameters of the TG aircraft.   

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg