Adamski_NZ

Is Matt going to continue with PTA?

Posted (edited)

It's been a fair while since Matt posted here. I realise he has other projects on the go, but I'm wondering whether PTA will continue to be developed/supported, as I've invested a great deal of time and effort in getting the best out of it - and sharing my presets.

1) P3Dv4.3 due out soon. Is there a new PTA planned to coincide with its release? Typically, PTA needs to be recoded for each P3D update and there's usually a delay.

2) I get really annoyed by the online activation thing. There are times when my Internet is down and I want to use the down time by working on a new preset. This online activation "feature" is just daft. I don't mind it calling home when running (for updates etc.) but to prevent me using a program when offline ... [sigh].

3) There are a few competing products now. Without going into a feature-by-feature comparison, I think it's fair to say that if PTA remains stagnant it will simply die.

Would Matt or some other high-ranking PTA person please respond?

Adam.

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have to say that I agree on this with Adam. Matt is a very nice guy and I hope he is doing well.

It would be nice if we were getting an answer regarding the future.

Gerard

I heard he had surgery recently. Hopefully he's right, but a few words from him would be nice.

Cheers, Ed

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

I heard he had surgery recently.

i think that was a good while ago - at least I hope so! A person's health has always got to be more important than simming.

56 minutes ago, pmb said:

At least he attended FSExpo a few days ago.

I'm hoping PTA isn't going to get lost in all this Mettar Sim hullabaloo.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No, hes just drunk enjoying the money. 

Edited by TheFlightSimGuy

Hey all,

Dont worry, PTA will continue to be updated for the various versions of P3D.

Ive had my surgery (I had bariatric surgery) and now I’m about 6 months out and 200lbs lighter.

Ive had to do a lot of traveling recently, mostly for business which you’ll come to see the result of soon 🙂

I appreciate the concern but you need not worry. As long as I am around, so will PTA. We aren’t going anywhere 🙂

Cheers from FL360 on DAL2619 to JFK! It’s crazy bumpy over the rockies! 

Matt

• Like 2

Also @TheFlightSimGuy stop being such an word not allowed. I went to Vegas to attend FSExpo and one night had a drink. I have the stomach capacity of a hard boiled egg, one small amount of alcohol absolutely destroys me. That entire trip was paid for by means that are nothing to do with PTA.

lol wait, offensive initials not allowed, why am I even having to justify what I do. Let me live my life and you live yours.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

No, hes just drunk enjoying the money. 

So I assume you make money and donate all of it instead of enjoying what you made? God bless you, I wish every human being is like you. 

Posted (edited)

Great to hear from you Matt - and the reassurance(s). Since when has getting [even slightly] drunk become such a crime? If I were there, I'd say "have one on me!".

I don't care whose money it is. It's none of my (or anyone else's) business.

Adam.

EDIT: I'm not a moderator but I am the OP ... and asked a genuine question. I kind of resent this question of mine being hijacked by personal innuendo.

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 1