Sign in to follow this  
JTPO

Highly regarded people within the flight simulation community?

Hey guys,

Mentioned the other day that I was quite new to flight simming and i'd like to find some reputable and highly regarded reviewers/youtubers/public figures within flight simulation, as recently i've found myself watching and reading stuff about flight simulation almost as much as i've actually spent playing it!

Watching quite a lot of the Matt Davies/Squirrel/Froogle vids that are out there but it'd be cool to get some suggestions from the experts (you guys) about who else is worth checking out

Thanks in advance 😄

Chewwy94 (Matt Smith) on Twitch is probably the most prolific fligthsim streamer of P3D - if that's the platform you are after, and at the current stage is the best value if you want to learn something about simulation.  He's also good at answering questions if you have any.

Others can be a bit abrasive and it is more the clan that follows the streamer that dictates the tone of the stream. 

11 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Others can be a bit abrasive and it is more the clan that follows the streamer that dictates the tone of the stream

Hey!

LOL

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Oh yeah, you may want to check out OVPA too. lolz 

Pro's and Dave streams the beta Aerosoft Airbus.

Platform doesn't matter at all, I'm personally playing XPlane 11 at the moment but i'm watching/reading about everything from Flight Sim 95 to Flight Sim World to P3D. Think i'm becoming a little obsessed...

Not sure how interested you are in the 737, but flightdeck2sim has AMAZING tutorials on the 737-8/900 using the PMDG NGX.  He's a RW pilot and 737 type trainer that uses real world procedures.  Pretty fascinating 

There are quite a few really good Xplane streamers .

Check out Blackbox. I think he’s a RW Airbus guy 

18 minutes ago, ErichB said:

There are quite a few really good Xplane streamers .

Check out Blackbox. I think he’s a RW Airbus guy 

I dont think he still flies the 320, but I know he is also rated on the 737 (and 747?)  if you are interested in how to deal with failures with the FSL A320X blackbox has the best videos (IMO), he also can give you a good perspective on day to day carrier operations (planning, procedures, etc.)...

I hold myself in very high regard. So much so, I don't bother reviewing, youtubing, or being very public. Im just too awesome for all of that.

:)

(On a more serious note - the chaps over at Jetline Systems for when it comes to hardware)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

I should start streaming, but I tend to "wax sarcastic" at my former regional days on the Q400. 

No complaints about the 757/767 however, 🙂

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

53 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

I should start streaming, but I tend to "wax sarcastic" at my former regional days on the Q400. 

No complaints about the 757/767 however, 🙂

Glad you "survived the Dash" Brendan 🙂

1 hour ago, 757FO said:

Glad you "survived the Dash" Brendan 🙂

The Dash is an aircraft you really have to fly. No cooking dinner and taking naps while you are at the controls. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I can think of some who are highly retarded lol. More helpfully however...

Not specifically Flight Sim related, but always entertaining and informative if you are into commercial aviation, are youtubers, Captain Joe and Mentour Pilot; MP is a Line Training Captain and CJ is a former A320 pilot who is now flying the 747-8 for Cargolux. Both have made a lot of cool videos which are worth a look, and they will both answer questions if you like.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

From what my simple mind see,s a lot of these highly regarded people  are usually involved one way or another with the developers

Peter